Steven Gerrrard tests positive for Covid-19

Deaf Dumb & Blind Kid

Official Ticketer
From the BBC:

Aston Villa head coach Steven Gerrard will miss the next two Premier League games after testing positive for Covid-19.

Gerrard will miss Sunday's Boxing Day game at home to Chelsea and Tuesday's trip to Leeds.
It is the second time this season that Gerrard has been sidelined by Covid-19.

The 41-year-old was forced to isolate earlier this year during his time as Rangers manager, missing matches against Alashkert and Celtic.

Villa were forced to postpone their game against Burnley last Saturday because of an outbreak of the virus at the club.

Three Premier League games have already been called off on Sunday, with Liverpool's home game against Leeds, Watford's trip to Wolves and Burnley's game against Everton falling foul of the virus.

The match against Chelsea at Villa Park is one of six Premier League games still scheduled to go ahead.

Gerrard spent three years as Rangers manager before moving to Villa on 11 November to succeed Dean Smith who was sacked after a run of five defeats.

Since then Villa have won four out of their six Premier League games, with the two defeats coming against Manchester City and his former club Liverpool.

A statement from the club said: "Aston Villa can confirm head coach Steven Gerrard will be unable to attend our next two Premier League matches with Chelsea and Leeds United as he will be isolating after testing positive for Covid-19."

Swift recovery hopefully. Don’t wish ill on anyone. Kai Havertz wasn’t right for months after his first bout of it, so even athletes at the top of their game are suffering.

Good luck to Stevie G.

He'll be fine as he's a fit guy.

His wee man had the home kit on his insta earlier.

All the best to him. Things have moved on quickly and the furore around his departure has died down - absolutely no hard feelings here.

Posted on his Instagram earlier.

Good to see his family had the bug, we will see a Gerrard family legacy in our support in the shape of his son, the big question is though, did Stevie G himself catch that bug, and if so, does he promote it as publicly as he does with his son?

I hated Gerrard for a short period when he left because I loved that man and what he did for us, the way he left was a major blow!

As time has went by, I’ve softened my stance and all I can do is hope that he is successful in his career, and hope he and his family are safe from this covid fucker of a virus.

He left in a cloud, but he also left a Rangers legend.

will always appreciate 55, old firm wins again and some of the players he has brought to us that will pay off big time in near future.

Wish him and family a speedy recovery

As disappointing as his leaving was, I wouldn’t for a second wish him anything other than rude health for him and his family. Here’s to a speedy recovery and no lasting effects to all and any of the Gerrard family.
I thought beating the sheep to the title was special, then helicopter Sunday, but 55 and winning it at the earliest opportunity was the greatest title of them all. The meltdown is still simmering away nicely,

I hope he has no symptoms and his family is OK and I also hope people stop posting threads on Gerrard.
100%. He was quick enough to move on when the chance presented itself. Wish our support would do the same. All on the Gio revolution now.

This thread will probably turn pretty bad.

My feelings about Gerrard the man and how he left are irrelevant. I wish no ill health towards either him or his family, so hopefully recovery is quick.

Back