Steven McLean ref tonight

As OP states it doesn't really matter who it is.
We can expect a multitude of incorrect calls, inconsistencies and general bewildering officiating from both man in middle and men on touchlines with flags.

Poor referee from a pool of poor referees. I'm afraid we just have to get on with it cos I couldn't name a decent one from today's batch

He gave the ridiculous penalty to the sheep at the end of last season. Also referee for the Motherwell assault semi against us. Not to be treated.

McLean always makes the game about him. He cannot help himself. You just no it is going to be a frustrating night of baffling decisions from minute one. He will be dying to book Alfredo you can guarantee that.

They are all poor, but I'm sure laughably, that the rest of Scottish football will already have him down as pro Rangers in the games he takes charge.

Referees fall into 3 categories now (and I mean them all no exceptions).

Here are those 3 categories with examples of who falls into which bucket - feel free to re-categorise as you see fit it's just my opinion;

The arrogant fud that won't talk to any player and thinks he's a wee ticket;
Collum, Walsh

The incompetent fool that doesn't know his arse from his elbow
McLean, Madden, Dallas

The blatant cheat that will do anything to prevent 55
Beaton, Thomson, Clancy

Referees fall into 3 categories now (and I mean them all no exceptions).

Here are those 3 categories with examples of who falls into which bucket - feel free to re-categorise as you see fit it's just my opinion;

The arrogant fud that won't talk to any player and thinks he's a wee ticket;
Collum, Walsh

The incompetent fool that doesn't know his arse from his elbow
McLean, Madden, Dallas

The blatant cheat that will do anything to prevent 55
Beaton, Thomson

Decent profiling.
I'd add Clancy to the final category.

How many top flight referees are there? I'd like to see a breakdown of how they've been assigned our games this season.

McLean gave Sheep the pen at end of last season when Alfie won the ball but he still gave the pen against us. Game finished 1-1

McLean gave Sheep the pen at end of last season when Alfie won the ball but he still gave the pen against us. Game finished 1-1

He knew what he was doing. By helping us draw 1-1 we got an easier qualifying route into the Europa league. Mclean was 15 steps ahead that day.

Reactions: M@x
I'm calling balls on that one

Look at the 1st game of the season
Yep, the ref can and often does have a huge impact on a game, as we saw up there. Two points were stolen from us on that occasion. Let’s hope tonight he behaves himself and keeps his cards in his pocket.

Fancy Rangers strongly tonight to do the buisness fans will play their part.

Ref is a cheat though, no doubt, ever since he was slaughtered by the media for the tim cup tie v Caley his behaviour has been shameful.

Oh i know he is not alone.

Booking for Alfredo

Candeias sent off

Sorry, who is the ref? I missed it at the start of this thread :rolleyes:

How many top flight referees are there? I'd like to see a breakdown of how they've been assigned our games this season.

I had to answer my own question, cos you're obviously all too worked up about rainbow laces to care...
Anyway...

13 refs have refereed in the premiership this season, including tonight.

4 haven't reffed a single Rangers game- Alan Muir, Gavin Duncan, Greg Aitken, and Euan Anderson.

Of the other ten, I will list their total games, games involving us, and % of which involved us.

John Beaton, 8 games, 1 game, 12.5%
Andrew Dallas, 8 games, 1 game, 12.5%
Nick Walsh, 8 games, 2 games, 25%
Kevin Clancy, 9 games, 2 games, 22%
Bobby Madden, 10 games, 1 game, 10 %
Willie Collum, 9 games, 2 games, 22%
Don Robertson, 9 games, 1 game, 11%
Steven McLean, 6 games, 2 games, 33%
Craig Thomson, 8 games, 3 games, 37.5%

info from: https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish-fa/referees/referee-appointments/

Back