Stevie G full post match press conference

Hes just one of these "he speaks, you listen" type of person you come across in life. And by the way a lot of stuff he says is repeated week after week, mainly due to the questioning, but it comes across with substance.

He really is terrific what a clever move to go and get him before some mob outside the top league in England gave him the chance to manage.

I get the feeling Gerrard is excellent at getting the players respect and is clearly not a young manager to messed about... but also really good at dealing with any problems players have away from the club or a loss of confidence/poor form. A little bit like.... should i say it... Walter Smith.

He really is terrific what a clever move to go and get him before some mob outside the top league in England gave him the chance to manage.

I get the feeling Gerrard is excellent at getting the players respect and is clearly not a young manager to messed about... but also really good at dealing with any problems players have away from the club or a loss of confidence/poor form. A little bit like.... should i say it... Walter Smith.
He's got the stature of Souness without the Brashness or dare I say it hot headed streak.
In that sense hes probably a mixture of Souness and Smith and what a combination that is.

Back