Stewart Robertson to attend important European club Association meeting in Malta

Any new rules should include automatic qualification for every club with a star on the Champions league logo! After all,they were all champions of their respective leagues, as well as the original participants to Uefa's premier tournament!

Any new rules should include automatic qualification for every club with a star on the Champions league logo! After all,they were all champions of their respective leagues, as well as the original participants to Uefa's premier tournament!
Rangers came up with the idea of the Champions League, and they proposed it to UEFA. The Champions League was invented by Rangers!

As a founder member of the CL, we must be at the forefront of any discussion, more so than the Johnny come latelies over in the East End.

We are one of the founding members of the ECA

The founding members of ECA are Manchester United FC (ENG), Chelsea FC (ENG), Real Madrid CF (ESP), FC Barcelona (ESP), Juventus (ITA), AC Milan (ITA), Olympique Lyonnais (FRA), FC Bayern München (GER), FC Porto (POR), AFC Ajax (NED), Rangers FC (SCO), RSC Anderlecht (BEL), Olympiacos FC (GRE), FC Kobenhavn (DEN), GNK Dinamo (CRO) and Birkirkara FC (MLT).

https://www.ecaeurope.com/about-eca/membership/

Currently hold associate membership

https://www.ecaeurope.com/eca-members/?page=1&letter=G

We are one of the founding members of the ECA

The founding members of ECA are Manchester United FC (ENG), Chelsea FC (ENG), Real Madrid CF (ESP), FC Barcelona (ESP), Juventus (ITA), AC Milan (ITA), Olympique Lyonnais (FRA), FC Bayern München (GER), FC Porto (POR), AFC Ajax (NED), Rangers FC (SCO), RSC Anderlecht (BEL), Olympiacos FC (GRE), FC Kobenhavn (DEN), GNK Dinamo (CRO) and Birkirkara FC (MLT).

https://www.ecaeurope.com/about-eca/membership/

Currently hold associate membership

https://www.ecaeurope.com/eca-members/?page=1&letter=G
All those teams to get automatic entry to the group stage as a mark of history:p:D

I remember us getting associate membership after losing full membership because of 2012. Anyone have any idea how we get full membership back

The ECA will be crucial in curbing the desires of the elite few in the elite leagues.
No more crucial than the following:
  • An inclusive platform for all clubs, based on sporting meritocracy, not historical privilege
  • Open to all – keeping the dream alive
  • Striving to maintain symbiosis with domestic leagues (retaining access and cross-competition relevance)

When first and second in the Scottish league have to go through 4 qualifying rounds to even get into the competition proper it's safe to say we are quite a bit away from exerting any influence or power in European football circles.

Shows you how crap we are in European circles doesn't help the co efficiency takes a battering early doors when the likes of Aberdeen and Hibs get pumped in the opening rounds.

Rangers came up with the idea of the Champions League, and they proposed it to UEFA. The Champions League was invented by Rangers!
Very true. I believe Mr. Bain was the man proposing it on our behalf.

I contacted Club1872 about that a year or two ago but they never got back to me.

According to above 2 highest ranked teams in country get them. According to club coefficients we have a ranking of 5.250 and Aberdeen 5.500. So assuming we do decent in Europe next season we should overtake them and get ordinary membership. It was just never considered pre 2012 that any Scottish club would be ranked higher than us and them

According to above 2 highest ranked teams in country get them. According to club coefficients we have a ranking of 5.250 and Aberdeen 5.500. So assuming we do decent in Europe next season we should overtake them and get ordinary membership. It was just never considered pre 2012 that any Scottish club would be ranked higher than us and them
Makes sense mate.

When first and second in the Scottish league have to go through 4 qualifying rounds to even get into the competition proper it's safe to say we are quite a bit away from exerting any influence or power in European football circles.
That might be a completely different thing.
You reckon we get one vote to Real Madrid’s two, ten or twenty?

As a founder member of the CL, we must be at the forefront of any discussion, more so than the Johnny come latelies over in the East End.
correct mate we're far bigger and more important than they will ever be they know it and one of the main reasons they hate us so much

I'm sure I remember from looking into this previously that there is a 2 or 3 year term from when you are given ordinary membership so we wont necessarily take over Aberdeens slot right away, depending on when they were previously given the ordinary position.

I'm sure I remember from looking into this previously that there is a 2 or 3 year term from when you are given ordinary membership so we wont necessarily take over Aberdeens slot right away, depending on when they were previously given the ordinary position.

Yes 2 year terms which this ends after this season

Surely if King trusts him, we should get behind him.

I'm willing to leave the final judgement to someone more qualified than I. Watch this space.

However, in my opinion, he is a fraud, and he shouldn't even be mentioned on the same thread as Campbell Ogilvie.

Back