Stonewaller Penalty

RfcIbrox

From GR4. Couldn’t have been clearer. Unnatural shape. Linesman and ref clear view. I watched the officials warming up as well. They were dancing around like fairies. The bald one would struggle getting out the bath. Unbelievable this is the level for our national sport.

The replay I saw showed pretty clearly it hit his chest first and then his arm which I understand to mean no penalty.

From GR4. Couldn’t have been clearer. Unnatural shape. Linesman and ref clear view. I watched the officials warming up as well. They were dancing around like fairies. The bald one would struggle getting out the bath. Unbelievable this is the level for our national sport.
Spot on we also were on line with the hand ball, if a linesman can’t see that then he needs a white stick!

Well if they had a stonewalled pen turned down and we did and our goal was offside these officials shouldn’t referee another SPFL match.

I'm going to put it out there that you're of the same opinion as me JJBS that we weren't worthy of 3 points today.
Definitely not mate. We were lucky with a point as our goal did look offside, although I’ve not seen a decent replay yet.

Definitely not mate. We were lucky with a point as our goal did look offside, although I’ve not seen a decent replay yet.
Haven't yet seen our goal yet either from where I was.

Really disappointed with today mate so I apologise with picking you up wrong :eek:

He took an eternity waiting for the ball & Watt got in.

Agree with you Scotty, as intent doesn’t matter.
One thing guaranteed, if any incident favoured us today they will be dissected from all angles by the tv fuds and we'll hear about them until something new happens. Sad country we live in when everyone who doesn't support us show so much interest in our games. Nice to get a break. Nice to annoy the fuds.

Big improvements needed mate, the team have been miles off it so far this season.

Still top of the league though :))
Still top of an extremely poor league up till now, we need to improve dramatically, and no disrespect to Arfield but he is not the type of player to bring on late and make an impact.

One thing guaranteed, if any incident favoured us today they will be dissected from all angles by the tv fuds and we'll hear about them until something new happens. Sad country we live in when everyone who doesn't support us show so much interest in our games. Nice to get a break. Nice to annoy the fuds.

Spot on B Special. I said exactly the same to my brother as we walked up the road from the stadium.

The ref not addressing the keeper time wasting was a joke. Book him, the he'll speed up. He was holding the ball for over 15 seconds at times. Just apply the rules.

But not the reason we lost

The ref not addressing the keeper time wasting was a joke. Book him, the he'll speed up. He was holding the ball for over 15 seconds at times. Just apply the rules.

I was timing him, virtually every one of his events was in the 25-40 second range.

Not really a day for criticising the officials too much when our goal was offside and Motherwell had what looked like a stonewaller denied themselves.

The motherwell penalty incident was right in front of me. Could actually hear Roofe's contact with the ball. Wasn't a penalty.

I lost the plot when he eventually booked one of their players for time wasting right at the end,what's the point at that stage in the game,do it earlier and they might stop.

I lost the plot when he eventually booked one of their players for time wasting right at the end,what's the point at that stage in the game,do it earlier and they might stop.
Even that just wasted more time, and was the wrong person. The game could have been much better had the ref taken control of the cheating.

Still, like I said, wasn't the reason we dropped points. Game should have been out sight by 50 mins

If we finished any of our 3 or 4 incredible chances we'd have been out of sight.

If we defended better our goal would have been enough.

That's the focal points for today. Blaming officials is honkin, especially when we got a couple decisions ourselves.

I think we need to slink away from this game without too much noise.

We were shite, our goal was suspect and I was less than 10 yards away from their penalty shout and we were extremely lucky.
You don’t half talk crap. We were not “shite” and it was never a penalty

Our goal was offside.

They should have had a penalty, admittedly it was soft and we should have had a pen.

Non story for me.

It felt like a loss tbh but a draw at home v the likes of motherwell is unacceptable.

Sadly lads - refs in Scotland are rubbish

Our goal was offside (and by a fair distance) so should have been flagged.
Motherwell should have had a penalty.
We should have had a penalty.

3 fairly obvious big decisions all incorrect.

Both penalty shouts were soft so at least he was consistent. Our goal was offside so I don't think we can have too many complaints. He is a ref that tends to blow for everything which is one thing I don't like about him.

You don’t half talk crap. We were not “shite” and it was never a penalty
Hello High Society.

Yes we were shite.

I was in row F of the Copland front in line with the 6 yard box line and for me Roofe completely misses ball and connects with Watt.

Yes he went down as if hit by a sniper but if it was the other way about we'd be screaming for it.

Back