Stop 9 or Europa league

No its the callers saying EL. Pundits saying league hands down
Yeah the pundits are saying the league for the wrong reasons though , Keevins thinks we’re obsessed about stopping “ the 10 “ but I couldn’t give a %^*& about their run of tainted titles .
I want the league purely because it returns us back to our true position in the country

There is greater cache in winning European silverware. I think some fans have a bizarre tendency to dismiss it. Even back in 2008 I remember a similar poll on here asking if we’d rather win the treble or the UEFA Cup and being slightly amazed by the numbers opting for the former.

However, we’re in a unique situation now where we can all sense that 55 is probably going to be the greatest title win in living memory so I really have to opt for that in this case.

Taking the view that 55 is more important

but on reflection

Im I correct in saying that winning the EL can guarantee a place in the group stages of the champions league?

if this is correct, it’s a tougher decision than the basic 55 v winning europa league scenario because of the future financial gains attached to winning europa league rather than the emotional attachment to winning 55.

if it is wrong 55 all day long and no surrender

Yeah the pundits are saying the league for the wrong reasons though , Keevins thinks we’re obsessed about stopping “ the 10 “ but I couldn’t give a %^*& about their run of tainted titles .
I want the league purely because it returns us back to our true position in the country
Europa league would return us back to true position though for many years to come. The financial gain from winning EL is absolutely huge, would give us solid foundations for years to come. The only really argument for choosing league over winning Europa league this year is stopping them. We have won loads of titles, will win loads more but only have one European trophy in the cabinet.

Taking the view that 55 is more important

but on reflection

Im I correct in saying that winning the EL can guarantee a place in the group stages of the champions league?

if this is correct, it’s a tougher decision than the basic 55 v winning europa league scenario because of the future financial gains attached to winning europa league rather than the emotional attachment to winning 55.

if it is wrong 55 all day long and no surrender
It guarentees CL entry, someone said earlier as top seeds in a group as well which I didn't know.

Plus the fact we won’t win the Europa haha!

you sorted for tomorrow

Sorted mate.

Through on the bus and back on the train later on, as a few of us always do for Tynecastle.

My old man and a couple of his mates will do the same.

Probably best away trip for me now.

I'm still trying to get one for Dingwall a week on Wednesday, but I'll go up irrespective and chance my arm up there.

Our mutual friend from Neilston is doing the Dingwall trip too, so it should be an eventful day. :)) :))

I'd take a European trophy every single time over the League.
There's zero prestige or finance in Scottish football befitting of the great institution that is Rangers FC.

The Timplosion of us winning the league this year would be so catastrophic for them, I think it will lead to us winning at least 3 in a row. The europa cup will be next on Stevie Gs to do list

Sorted mate.

Through on the bus and back on the train later on, as a few of us always do for Tynecastle.

I'm still trying to get one for Dingwall a week on Wednesday, but I'll go up irrespective and chance my arm up there.

Our mutual friend from Neilston is doing the Dingwall trip too, so it should be an eventful day. :)) :))
Probably see you there mate!
And I’ve heard @Neilston Unionist is attending Dingwall, lucky us :))

Sorted mate.

You have one for Dingwall mate check your email

I want us to win the league this season. That mob have had it too easy and it's time to bring it home. I can't wait for 55

Europa gets you access to the Champions League also. The league would be about stopping them so has its definite advantages, although the 9 talk doesn't phase me due to its tainted nature

Reactions: GF7
Back