Stop and think for one minute.

2 of the Best

Participation in the European Champions League is the ultimate goal for us all but I know there is a strong possibility of big changes being made in the coming weeks within our current playing staff. However we currently have a strong core of quality players that I believe can deliver what we are all craving for, a very good run in next season's Champions League.

Before a ball is kicked today, if we can keep the best of what we have and utilise some of our up and coming young stars then once again I believe the future is bright. GVB can of course strengthen the side with a couple of quality players but too many changes at this time could give the paedo's a massive playing advantage.

I believe this current squad have the beating of ce@#ic and I for one want to keep it that way. Years gone by we have watched Rangers struggle against poor opposition in the early stages of Europe competitions but this group of players that we have can deliver once again, they are hardened professionals that are crying out for success.

I understand that some players have to go but for goodness sake be careful that we don't over do it, this team have very rarely been out played when locking horns with quality sides, so this ultimately puts them in good stead to achieve greatness.

Loyalty was something that players gave to the clubs many years ago but sadly those days have gone and will never return therefore what we consider to be players worth keeping then please pay them accordingly, because we have too be honest, all modern day players see, it is all about the pay packet and looking after the future.

I am not naive in thinking that playing for Rangers is the ultimate goal for any player but removing our best players from our playing staff must involve some serious money or don't even bother talking to us. To be successful, when you lose a football player from your starting eleven, you have to replace him with an even better player.

Participation in the European Champions League is the ultimate goal for us all but I know there is a strong possibility of big changes being made in the coming weeks within our current playing staff. However we currently have a strong core of quality players that I believe can deliver what we are all craving for, a very good run in next season's Champions League.

Before a ball is kicked today, if we can keep the best of what we have and utilise some of our up and coming young stars then once again I believe the future is bright. GVB can of course strengthen the side with a couple of quality players but too many changes at this time could give the paedo's a massive playing advantage.

I believe this current squad have the beating of ce@#ic and I for one want to keep it that way. Years gone by we have watched Rangers struggle against poor opposition in the early stages of Europe competitions but this group of players that we have can deliver once again, they are hardened professionals that are crying out for success.

I understand that some players have to go but for goodness sake be careful that we don't over do it, this team have very rarely been out played when locking horns with quality sides, so this ultimately puts them in good stead to achieve greatness.

Loyalty was something that players gave to the clubs many years ago but sadly those days have gone and will never return therefore what we consider to be players worth keeping then please pay them accordingly, because we have too be honest, all modern day players see, it is all about the pay packet and looking after the future.

I am not naive in thinking that playing for Rangers is the ultimate goal for any player but removing our best players from our playing staff must involve some serious money or don't even bother talking to us. To be successful, when you lose a football player from your starting eleven, you have to replace him with an even better player.
In my opinion we need to sign 5 first team starters and no loan signings unless of proven quality and fitness.

I'd like us to try and replicate this season in some form season after season. The reason so many of us are down is because this has a rarity about it, but let's try and do it again. In my mind we threw away the opportunity to get to the quarters last season, against a side nowhere near as good as we are; so who knows?

Last edited:
Time to give the young players that played so well against hearts last week, a run in the league next season, that's our future,m. Obviously strengthened with some good seasoned pros.

In my opinion we need to sign 5 first team starters and no loan signings unless of proven quality and fitness.
Recruitment will be huge for us this year. Beyond Lundstram who came into form late, I don’t think we’ve signed anyone to improve the starting 11 for a few years.

A lot of talk this week about progress in Europe but we need to kick start progress at home too.

Recruitment will be huge for us this year. Beyond Lundstram who came into form late, I don’t think we’ve signed anyone to improve the starting 11 for a few years.

A lot of talk this week about progress in Europe but we need to kick start progress at home too.
Big John and Bassey has but the rest are in and out

Bit off topic but I think we need to win the league cup and lay a marker down early on, too often we have surrendered this first trophy and heaped more pressure on the squad as a result. It means you cannot have a trophy less season early on whereas this season has went from potential treble to potential nothing in a matter of 3-4 weeks.

Players should be desperate to sign for us.

We need to get the right players in. Every interview Tav does he talks about recruitment being right is what has got us where we are now. We need to build on that for Champions League, not just hope we get there and then try and sign people.

Especially if 2022/23 winners of the League gets automatic CL group stages

I'd like us to try and replicate this season in some form season after season. The reason so many of us are down is because this has a rarity about it, but let's try and do it again. In my mind we threw away the opportunity to get to the quarters last season, against a side nowhere near as good as we are; so who knows?

Exactly.
We can for a generation look back with dewy eyes and say “Wow, what a run that was” or we can do what the best do, realise that these levels can be achieved and that we should strive to be at that level year on year.

Back