Strangest Rangers Signings Of All Time

Rupert Pupkin

With the transfer window opening tomorrow, hopefully get some excitement out of it. :))

What are the strangest signings you have seen us make?

I'll start with a tap in, Pippo Maniero, signed in 2005 and never played a game for us. I heard on H&H that the agreement was that he would train alone in Italy and if we needed him for a game he would fly in and play and then fly back to Italy. I mean WTF?!?! :)):))

When we signed Daniel Cousin for the 2nd time just before we went into Administration.

Surely we knew what was about to happen, I don't think he even got as far as arriving in Glasgow before the deal had to be cancelled.

Have a mate who was involved in St Mirren first team squad for a wee bit with Gow, trained at Aberdeen with Shankland and Wright etc. Also played for Celtic until he was 21.

Before he signed to Celtic, he mentioned that Alan Gow was the most talented footballer he had played with in terms of natural ability.

It's a funny old game how it works out.

Joey Barton

Everyone and their granny knew it would fail
Selective memory then, the thread here was absolutely rammed with folk saying we should forget he's an absolute scum bag who stubbed a fag out on a youth team player because he would be the best player in the league by a mile.

I agree though, it was a stick on it was going to go sour.

Wasn't exactly strange tbh, there was definite talent in there, could've been a monster.

Preferred ching n beer though.

Again, there were literal news stories from the Spanish ESPN talking about him being a pisshead party boy and folk wrote it off as the MSM mischief making because he was signing for us.

He was a waster who should never have been signed.

Oleg Salenko.

All Summer we tried to sign Florin Raducioiu even though he didn't want to come to Scotland. Once we eventually realised it wasn't going to happen we signed Salenko who was a totally different type of player.

We have definitely signed worse players but this signing never made sense.

Back