Stuart Cosgrove broke broadcast guidelines with comments about Rangers legend Richard Gough, the BBC has found

What exactly will they be teaching him on this course?

Cosgrove is forever preaching about diversity and going on about his black wife and mixed race child like a badge of honour. He complains about the prejudice his family have faced.

But when it comes down to it, his hatred of Rangers (let’s be honest anything connected to Protestants or Unionists) is never far from the surface.
Cosgrove is one of those sneering ‘intellectuals’ whose views on diversity change depending on which section of the community he is talking about.

The term selectarianism was coined exactly for people like him.

With a bit of luck he will be detained on his next visit to Sri Lanka and imprisoned without trial. He might then appreciate the freedoms and protections afforded to him by the British state he despises.

An organisation riddled with 17% of Scotland's population who utterly despise our club and support.
But remember, an organisation who've condoned and ignored child abuse on an industrial scale within their own organisation and beyond.

An organisation who continually use bigoted vermin like Haggerty, Findlay, Stewart, etc, etc.

Scum bastards!!

But they are doing nothing about the cancerous knut apart from sending him on a diversity course.

Another example, as if any more were needed, that the Bbc is a Free Fire Zone for anti Rangers bigots.
BBC are a sham

But they are doing nothing about the cancerous knut apart from sending him on a diversity course.

Another example, as if any more were needed, that the Bbc is a Free Fire Zone for anti Rangers bigots.
Guess the positive is he has been publicly cautioned about not understanding his job despite being 71 years old and done it for decades . It’s really a conviction of abusing his position that’s how I see it he broadcast against someone who had no right if reply and tried it actually stain there character too . Ugly conduct by an ugly person .

Time he retired he is clearly a dinosaur in attitudes and content

Last edited:
Agree. It is a clear demonstration of the fog that surrounds BBC Scotland it produces a whole range of very stale inward looking programmes that are just very poor quality. No innovation or freshness about its output.
Someone mentioned Off The Ball has been on the air since 1995.

That's like a radio show from 1965 still being on air in 1994.

Imagine someone at the BBC insinuating that Pat Bonner is a Nazi sympathizer because of his place of birth and the behaviour of many within the Irish Republic during that dark time in history. Would that person be sent on a 'diversity course'? We all know the answer. Sad indictment of the rot that has crippled public broadcasting in this country.

If that moron Cosgrove goes on a DEI course, there will be a multitude of complaints from the other people on the course about the complete W@nker!!!

Someone mentioned Off The Ball has been on the air since 1995.

That's like a radio show from 1965 still being on air in 1994.

12-v2__FillWzgwMCw2MDBd.5-Minutes_StuartCosgrove-231111.jpg

Guy's never aged though - always had a face with more divots than a par 3 tee at Carnoustie

I love the footage of him debating with Tony Wilson - Cosgrove rattles on about the name New Order and right wing imagery. Wilson simply asked him what he thought about the Communards and the prevalence of Communist imagery in the music industry. No answer other than a warble that left and right were different because one wasn’t racist - which misses the point somewhat.

Last edited:
They are two old fat dinosaurs and are as funny as cancer of the cock.

Time to move them off air but what I’d fear is who the diarmuids and Brendan’s would replace them with, I mean they’ve already got susie McCabe doing stand in slots, what’s next Janey fucking Godley?

If they put brown noise on in place of their slot it’d be an upgrade.

I love the footage of him debating with Tony Wilson - Cosgrove rattles on about the name New Order and right wing imagery. Wilson simply asked him what he thought about the Communards and the prevalence of Communist imagery in the music industry. No answer other than a warble that left and right were different because one wasn’t racist - which misses the point somewhat.

Now 'debates' - with an irreverent take - on all things fitbaw with Tam Cowan.
Pointless then. Pointless now.

Cosgrove v Wilson, only one winner

There were more than 2 complaints. They have written it in a way that I feel doesnt represent the volume of complaints received. There were 2 issues that were subject to hundreds of complaints but they have positioned it as 2 complaints received meaning that it was something and nothing. Deliberate downplaying of the issues is partly the reason they continue to get away with shit like this.

He's such a litigious threatening cnut, that I'm surprised he's not already on here threatening all and sundry.

And he's Seventy Feckin One! I had no idea, really I didn't. It just makes him so much more of a tragic wankspangle than ever.

To think he was acting, playing the part of a dummy hard man, front and centre, tragically mouthing sectarian slurs at Rangers fans, back in the day when maturity had obviously passed him by.

Resign Stuart, do us all, and especially Radio Jacobite listeners, a favour and resign!

I complained and they sent a reply saying the spoke to the manager. Think the email said I could complain to somewhere else, which I did. So a good few others must have done the same.

28 March 2024

Complaint​

A listener complained that the presenter Stuart Cosgrove had insinuated that a South African-born footballer who had played for a Scottish club was racist and in favour of apartheid. The ECU considered the complaint in the light of the BBC’s Editorial Guidelines on harm and offence.

Outcome​

In the ECU’s view the comments in question gave the impression of being a personal attack on someone who did not have the opportunity of responding, and went beyond what would be considered generally acceptable in a programme of this kind. The ECU noted that BBC Scotland had already acknowledged the breach of standards and discussed it with Mr Cosgrove, and considered this sufficed to resolve the issue of complaint.
Resolved

Last edited:
He had his usual snide dig at the weekend, I posted on another thread, full blown Rangers Hater…April the 1st isn’t far away….that will probably be the end of them. The Hate law will get them if they don’t chuckitt first.

Thats Stewart and Cosgrove found to slander Rangers and still they are employed by this hateful organisation. Abolish the licence fee!

They are two old fat dinosaurs and are as funny as cancer of the cock.

Time to move them off air but what I’d fear is who the diarmuids and Brendan’s would replace them with, I mean they’ve already got susie McCabe doing stand in slots, what’s next Janey fucking Godley?

If they put brown noise on in place of their slot it’d be an upgrade.
They gave Godley one of her first breaks in the 90s

She talked about her pub in the Carlton and how the charity box was stolen. After a bit of prompting from Cosgrove, she claimed it was Rangers fans that did it. Three decades on, nothing's changed, it's the same old bigotry

Thats Stewart and Cosgrove found to slander Rangers and still they are employed by this hateful organisation. Abolish the licence fee!
And McLaughlin, Spence, Gordon, Daly etc

And before anyone says it, Spence wasn't fired. They rand down his contract and didn't renew

They gave Godley one of her first breaks in the 90s

She talked about her pub in the Carlton and how the charity box was stolen. After a bit of prompting from Cosgrove, she claimed it was Rangers fans that did it. Three decades on, nothing's changed, it's the same old bigotry
There’s clearly a good living to be made in the industry of bigotry in Scotland! They’ve set up a culture where to be bigoted to a certain group is not bigotry in their minds as it’s that big bad group of bigots! No wonder Scottish society can’t move on, the very people that decry bigotry are the bigots!

Expected Mark, but the Club should've had a sine die approach to the BBC, how many times have the went over the line regarding our club, since Skeletor's self ban, let's be honest we don't need them

There’s clearly a good living to be made in the industry of bigotry in Scotland! They’ve set up a culture where to be bigoted to a certain group is not bigotry in their minds as it’s that big bad group of bigots! No wonder Scottish society can’t move on, the very people that decry bigotry are the bigots!
Is this not modern left leaning society in general?

Is this not modern left leaning society in general?
I would say so. The left are tyrannical these days, on matters that are just ridiculous in some cases. You’re hounded for having a difference of opinion and shouted down in anger. We always forget the horrific wrongs of the past and repeat ourselves!

He's in with the bricks at PQ CSC, as he is with Channel 4's branch office.

Anyone thinking that he is going anywhere anytime soon is misguided. He'll need to be carried out.

Carson, Mackinnon, MacQuarrie. The last three controllers/directors of the BBC in Scotland. Who appointed MacQuarrie? Mark Thompson - current chairman of CNN and Ancestry, alumnus of Stonyhurst College.

Say no more.

He's still on the air 20 years after admitting he'd go to the train station our away support arrived at just to shout sectarian abuse at them.

And he made it clear he wasn't joking.

He's still on the air 20 years after admitting he'd go to the train station our away support arrived at just to shout sectarian abuse at them.

And he made it clear he wasn't joking.
In his dreams. Might wank off in a darkened room thinking about it though.

There were more than 2 complaints. They have written it in a way that I feel doesnt represent the volume of complaints received. There were 2 issues that were subject to hundreds of complaints but they have positioned it as 2 complaints received meaning that it was something and nothing. Deliberate downplaying of the issues is partly the reason they continue to get away with shit like this.
The remedial action they have taken, nothing, illustrates perfectly how seriously they have taken this. Anyone who has complained to the BBC will be familiar with their sneering indifference to criticism. No public apology? Not fit for any purpose.

I'm sure his bosses and him were all having a good laugh about it as they told him he needed to go to diversity training, basically.a box ticking exercise to try and appease the Rangers fans.

Cosgrove and the BBC are complete scum. The fact he wasn't sacked when he admitted to shouting sectarian abuse at Rangers fans years ago says it all.

As well as being a complete wanker, him and his fat mate are also as funny as a trip to the dentist. Why anyone listens to this is beyond me.

Back