Stuart Pearce (Rangers related)

A genuine Hard as nails player and I would have loved to see him up here although he may have spent a lot of time serving suspensions. Remember the England v France game when Boli nutted him and he just got up as if nothing had happened.

Best LB I ever saw in a Rangers Jersey, if only for a testimonial.

Souness tells a story that he went down to see Clough about signing Pearce and agreed a deal. Souness told Murray it was done, but when the Forest board spoke to Clough he had no recollection of agreeing anything with Souness. Some signing he wouldve been

Clough was probably on the swally so that would be the reason his memory was blank .

Would have loved to have seen Pearce at Ibrox .

86-90 we were as big if not bigger than any club in Britain , the European ban after Heysel was a major factor with the English clubs.
We definitely were that.
If our then Custodian Mr Murray was half as good as he thought he was, he should have been using that exact leverage to be part of what was going on with BSKYB in England, and setting the wheels in motion to get us out of the cesspit of Scottish football.

Mind hearing Pearce talking about being asked to appear in a testimonial and saying thanks for the offer and Richard Gough responding saying that Rangers don’t ever play friendlies :))

Pearce was a tremendous player. Was listening to a documentary type program about him on Talksport one night late last week. Massive QPR fan who was working as a spark whilst playing non league before he got his big break at Forest

When they announced we had a new signing (turned out to be Mo Johnston) I was expecting it to be Tony Dorigo

Pearce was a great player and would have been brilliant signing
We stayed 5 minutes away from Davie Cooper & my uncle met him going to the bookies in North Motherwell (he liked a gamble).
My uncle asked him why he left Rangers.
Coopers reply.

Because we signed that B@#£%#D Mo Johnstone.

Stuart Pearce would have taken our team up another notch, the guy was top class.

Rumours of Andy Brehme in 89/90, which my old man insisted was a done deal to my uncle in Dusseldorf, who told all his mates, which resulted in his ITK status never recovering.
Was headlines in the Evening Times as well

Yes I hear all this love for Pearce but the bottom line is he never played for us. I admired him and he was a great left back for Notts Forrest and England but history will show that he didn’t play for us as much as I would have loved the man to have done so please let’s move on guys.

I've been listening to his interview on the Joe Cole podcast. They speak about his love for Forest and Joe asks him if he would have ever left them earlier than he did in his career and if anyone came in for him. Pearce says the two big ones were us and Manchester United.

I can't remember Pearce ever coming up in conversation about us trying to sign him. Anybody know if we ever made an offer or did it not get off the ground due to Pearce wanting to stay at Forest??

I'd have enjoyed watching him smashing people up here (born in 85' so might have been too young to remember anyway).
He was constantly being linked to Rangers. Rumour I heard was that deal collapsed as Rangers wouldn't give Clough a bung. At same time we were constantly being linked with Tony Dorigo and maybe slightly prior to that Vasily Rats.

Mind hearing Pearce talking about being asked to appear in a testimonial and saying thanks for the offer and Richard Gough responding saying that Rangers don’t ever play friendlies :))

Pearce was a tremendous player. Was listening to a documentary type program about him on Talksport one night late last week. Massive QPR fan who was working as a spark whilst playing non league before he got his big break at Forest
Carried on as a Spark at Forest. See my earlier post ;)

Back