Summer transfer window/Next Season

Marcellus Wallace

I've got Big Balls
Having just listened to MB's presser I found it difficult not to get excited about the comments he made re the size of the transfer budget as well as the comments made re Cantwell & Tillman being the future of Rangers.
I know we have a tendency to take everything the manager says literally but I am choosing to do so this time as it makes me feel good. :cool:

What was said?
He was asked, previously you had mentioned the budget for summer is very good, but there had also been talk about realigning the budget in regards maybe to wage bill.

Beale answer this question with
“There is no restriction on budget, there is money to spend in the summer, it’s a good amount I think for a Rangers manager compared to what I have seen in previous years. So I am really really positive”

He also went onto say he is far down the line with signings. He had been approached with agents recently about certain players, but he seems to be well down the line with the players he wants.

In regards to Tillman it was positive also, he was asked about getting Tillman and Cantwell in the same team.
“They have a got a really good relationship off the pitch. So in time I would love to see that coming out more and more in big games. You would like to think they are the future of Rangers”

For Beale to talk like that about Tillman I feel he must be confident he is signing.

Having just listened to MB's presser I found it difficult not to get excited about the comments he made re the size of the transfer budget as well as the comments made re Cantwell & Tillman being the future of Rangers.
I know we have a tendency to take everything the manager says literally but I am choosing to do so this time as it makes me feel good. :cool:
Me two
Positive loyal

He was asked, previously you had mentioned the budget for summer is very good, but there had also been talk about realigning the budget in regards maybe to wage bill.

Beale answer this question with
“There is no restriction on budget, there is money to spend in the summer, it’s a good amount I think for a Rangers manager compared to what I have seen in previous years. So I am really really positive”

He also went onto say he is far down the line with signings. He had been approached with agents recently about certain players, but he seems to be well down the line with the players he wants.

In regards to Tillman it was positive also, he was asked about getting Tillman and Cantwell in the same team.
“They have a got a really good relationship off the pitch. So in time I would love to see that coming out more and more in big games. You would like to think they are the future of Rangers”

For Beale to talk like that about Tillman I feel he must be confident he is signing.

As expected Beale has a good budget and a bigger budget compared to previous years which is great to hear. There will be mass confusion among various former Celtic players who like to tell us on a weekly basis how skint we are. Incredibly some of our own repeat this rhetoric and claim we'll be relying on free transfers etc. Beale has put that nonsense to bed today.

When are renewals out?

I'll believe it when I see it. Heard the same things time and again, but we inevitably end up penny pinching and getting projects and loans.

Would love to be proved wrong this summer though.

He cant have a good budget. Several posters on here said we were primed for a summer of frees as we didn’t have the money and beale was making that clear. So, beale should stop thinking he knows more than random posters on here. B-D

I've been saying this for a while and actually thought we would spend a bit more in January too - it's not just blind optimism.

Beale turned down a Premier League job and would have been offered others, so he wasn't going to come here without the right assurances, especially around the budget. He's a football man who would have made the decision primarily based on football reasons - he knows he has to win trophies here and he needs money to do so.

FFP was also one of our main limiters last summer after 'overspending' around Covid. We had to wear that, and wait for Europa League money and Champions League money to be accounted for. Europa League money will be in the next set of accounts, and Champions League money in the set after that.

Our wage bill will also go down by around a third after the summer if nobody who is out of contract renews, with the likes of Barisic, McLaughlin, Roofe & Lundstram also out of contract in 2024, all of whom could leave either this summer or on a free next year.

The long and short of it is we didn't even spend the Bassey money last summer. When you account for our unexpected European money, plus the funds raised for Aribo, plus players going off the wage bill, plus potential sales for up to £10m (Kamara, Barisic, Wright, Roofe, Lundstram could all raise some cash), we should be looking to spend £15m at a minimum. Hopefully with some quality Bosmans, the majority of that can be spent on attackers and a centre mid.

I see that boy Johnson at PNE is out of contract in the summer might be a good shout for us on the inside left if Kent goes.

Back