Sunday’s English football on TV

Utterly embarrassing from Villa. They should be relieved to stay up, not celebrating like they’ve just won the CL.

Glad Villa stayed up. Leicester just couldn't get it going at all after the break, they must be sick as they were so far ahead in 3rd.

Jordan Pickford is fucking pish. How is he England’s number 1

Pope, Henderson and Heaton are all very good keepers so it's not like they don't have any choice? Pickford can pull off skme wonderful saves but his all round game is pretty poor, and he obviously has a howler in him.

Leicester were woeful today and Rodgers got it badly wrong. Clearly their gameplay was to be level going into the last quarter of the game but that's always a dangerlus ploy. United were there to be beaten this afternoon but at no point did Leicester chuck the kitchen sink at them.

United have good players going forward when they are at it but to get back go where they used to be they need three defenders and a top holding midfielder, and that's given De Gea the benefit of the doubt that he gets back to where he was a few years ago.

Can’t see both Jorginho and Kante both being there. It will be one of them and then two from Mount, Kovacic, Gilmour and Loftus Cheek. Obviously you can add Havertz as one of the other two if he signs for them. Loftus Cheek is talented but his injury record means he would be the one likely to leave out of the rest in my opinion. Mount may not start every week but he will go on to play a lot of games for Chelsea clearly.

From midfield to front they'll have Gilmour, Barkley, Kovacic, Mount, Loftus-Cheek, Jorginho, Kante, Pulisic, Hudson-Odoi, Ziyech, Werner, Havertz, Giroud & Abraham.

I think they'll sell Barkley & Jorginho, but that's a lot of choice for the front 6 still.

Celebating coming 17th out of 20 teams.

Fuckin embarrassing to be doing it in the changing room but hanging around the pitch in an empty stadium?

Tinpot
I understand why they do it, every team does it every year. It’s a huge cause of emotion, we’re not talking about Chelsea or Liverpool. It’s a team who has just came up. It’s not a thought process of “we stayed up but we were poor”. It’s a natural instinct, you’ll see every team in every league doing it.

Leicester were woeful today and Rodgers got it badly wrong. Clearly their gameplay was to be level going into the last quarter of the game but that's always a dangerlus ploy. United were there to be beaten this afternoon but at no point did Leicester chuck the kitchen sink at them.

United have good players going forward when they are at it but to get back go where they used to be they need three defenders and a top holding midfielder, and that's given De Gea the benefit of the doubt that he gets back to where he was a few years ago.

Rodgers never learns. The Leicester Man United game today played out almost exactly the same way as Liverpool v Chelsea 6 years ago (the infamous Gerrard game). Brendan is really weak with decision making in big games and imo this will prevent him from becoming a top manager.

From midfield to front they'll have Gilmour, Barkley, Kovacic, Mount, Loftus-Cheek, Jorginho, Kante, Pulisic, Hudson-Odoi, Ziyech, Werner, Havertz, Giroud & Abraham.

I think they'll sell Barkley & Jorginho, but that's a lot of choice for the front 6 still.

Indeed. If they still have a lot of money to spend they should be using it on someone like Koulibaly and not Havertz, as good as he is and will be. A front three of Werner, Ziyech and Pulisic with Kante, Kovacic and Mount in midfield is excellent.

Who said I hate it?

You cracking open the champagne to celebrate Salford Celtic’s win today?

Genuinely have no idea how you come to the conclusion I'm a United fan. Is it because I rate Greenwood and Rashford more than you do?

I was actually routing for Leciester today, but whatever chief.

Aye right I’ve got Jansson to get booked what’s that all about. Gave away the penalty, surely a booking.

Poor decision for the red. Maybe the studs were up a little but he got the ball.

I've just switched on. Is there VAR for these play-offs?

Dreadful decision that will just have killed off this game. Referee has sent him off due to the Swansea reaction. Ridiculous.

I couldn't care less about any of the teams in line for relegation today.

Anyone still think Ryan Fraser would be a good signing?? Decent player for sure, but given a big chance and big contract by Bournemouth, downed tools with the Arsenal interest in the summer. Entitled to let his contract rundown, but his attitude must stink for him not even to be involved.

I couldn't care less about any of the teams in line for relegation today.

Anyone still think Ryan Fraser would be a good signing?? Decent player for sure, but given a big chance and big contract by Bournemouth, downed tools with the Arsenal interest in the summer. Entitled to let his contract rundown, but his attitude must stink for him not even to be involved.

He'll get £100k p/w down south. A total fantasy thinking he'd be a target.

Back