Sunday’s Game and Potential Injuries

okbear

I am not suggesting rest players as I want as big a score as possible but does anyone else think that Lego Eater and Sniffiths will play, take a red card and in doing so, make sure they have seriously injured one of our players in the respective tackle?

I‘m thinking Lego would try and do Alfredo or Scott Arfield, if he plays, and Sniffiths will try and do McGregor.

The officials appointed aren’t strong enough or neutral enough to stop something before it becomes serious.

Happy to be told I’m exaggerating and hopefully I am, but remember, these aren’t normal people or even a definition of a person.

If we are in the quarters of the Europa, and with internationals coming up too, I'd use the old firm to give some guys who are not going away a game.

This sounds more drastic than it is but a couple of guys like Borna could be stood down.

It's only the less successful half of the old firm we are playing after all and we may very well have bigger fish to fry.

Edit: I've just actuallly read the OP and no I don't think players will be going out to injure anyone.

First team and full pelt - bar the odd games to get certain guys medals.

If we go into the QF I want us to be in fine form domestically before the Europa games and I want guys like Kent to start showing they are much more effective as the pitches become grass and firmer again. Kent, Morelos and a few others flying could be the difference between a good and an exceptional Europa season.

Also get guys like Arfield and Roofe back up to full fitness for the european and cup games.

To the OP, this is madness!
Bigger point though, I wouldn’t be playing many first teamers next Sunday if we’ve overcome Slavia Prague.
I’d treat the game with contempt and show them that this OF fixture is way down our priority list.
McLaughlin, Balogun, Bassey, Simpson, Wright, Itten and Zungu all start.

Thanks for all the replies, even though they’ve made me look like some kind of paranoid Android :D :D , I hope you are all correct in your opinions of us not receiving deliberate and serious injuries.

I‘ll go back to the Lounge and the thread on the Perfect Draft machines :D:D:D

If Brown is departing at the end of the season, I could see him trying to injure Alfie or Kent to try to score some "hard man" points with the fhilth fans.

If we get through to the ELQF on Thursday, I would consider resting/rotating players for the OF match and put our domestic focus on the Scottish Cup. However, if we go out on Thursday, then we play to remain undefeated all season and aim for 106 points.

Brown is to slow and incapable of doing someone now. Griffiths is probably "in the gym working on his fitness levels" for this game which actually translates to he might manage 15 mins at the end.

If we are in the quarters of the Europa, and with internationals coming up too, I'd use the old firm to give some guys who are not going away a game.

This sounds more drastic than it is but a couple of guys like Borna could be stood down.

It's only the less successful half of the old firm we are playing after all and we may very well have bigger fish to fry.

Edit: I've just actuallly read the OP and no I don't think players will be going out to injure anyone.
I'm a big fan of Bassey, but he was well startled against St Mirren in December. League won or not, the piggery should not be his next start. Borna starts.

I am not suggesting rest players as I want as big a score as possible but does anyone else think that Lego Eater and Sniffiths will play, take a red card and in doing so, make sure they have seriously injured one of our players in the respective tackle?

I‘m thinking Lego would try and do Alfredo or Scott Arfield, if he plays, and Sniffiths will try and do McGregor.

The officials appointed aren’t strong enough or neutral enough to stop something before it becomes serious.

Happy to be told I’m exaggerating and hopefully I am, but remember, these aren’t normal people or even a definition of a person.
No

I can see the game being a lot more physical with them having nothing to play for except to appease their fans, but I have no doubt we will be prepared, brown will limp off ""injured"" before full time.

Let's get in first and snap the two of them first just to rub salt in to the wounds.

Two absolute nobodies who only won so much due to conspiring to put us in to to D3.

Let's humiliate them.

Won’t happen. I do remember hoping one of our players would take the hit and smash one of them when were shit though.

Be amazed if there is not at least 1 red card for violent conduct. People like Brown, Griffiths, Duffy won't be able to deal with us going there as champions and I can see them trying to "score points" with their reptile fanbase.

Hope we don't rise to it and just laugh at them.

I'm a big fan of Bassey, but he was well startled against St Mirren in December. League won or not, the piggery should not be his next start. Borna starts.

I'm not a massive fan of Bassey mate. I just feel it wouldn't hurt to use the game to keep a few of the guys disappearing the following week fresh if we have a quarter final coming up.

Wouldn't put it past them.

That wee c**t Bertie Auld did big Davie Provan in an old firm game and broke his leg, on purpose.

Nope.

The mentally challengeds are probably the least physical side in the league.

We will play our strongest possible side and destroy them.

Truth is there's barely a bad tackle put in nowadays, you get the once in a season reckless red card like Jordan Jones but none of it will be premeditated

Our players can look after themselves mate. You run the risk of injury every day you train never mind play. Players can attempt to wipe out an opponent and end up injured themselves...ask Jordan Jones.

The old "wipe out that bassa first chance you get...won't matter if you get sent off...they'll miss him more than we'll miss you" advice.

I get what everyone is saying re too slow, players can look after themselves, rarely a bad tackle etc. I am more worried about a Simpson like tackle and the implications.

How many times have Porteous and others stuck one on our players and got away with it, especially when that’s been decided as a robust tackle.

Again, I’m not being overly frightened, but I still fear that these cowardly scumbags will try something.

We worry too much. It’s not going to happen. You can’t just deliberately cripple a fellow pro these days. It could cost them their livelihoods.

Brown has more chance of injuring one of the many shadows he will be chasing.

As for Griffiths, he's only getting near one of our players if they are carrying a dime bag or a winning bookies slip.

Away and get yer fuckin shine boxes, ya pair of nothings.

Full strength, full steam ahead
Ahead where to.
We’re already at the end of this particular line.
We need to get off and get on the next train, the one going to Gdańsk.
I can’t keep the train analogy going so what do we get by being “invincibles”?
Compare with what we get winning another round in Europe.

This Rangers team can handle themselves, I don’t think Brown is good enough or hard enough to properly do one of our players, he won’t get close enough.

Ahead where to.
We’re already at the end of this particular line.
We need to get off and get on the next train, the one going to Gdańsk.
I can’t keep the train analogy going so what do we get by being “invincibles”?
Compare with what we get winning another round in Europe.
Full steam ahead into Sunday’s game, beat them then we have a break to rest and recover then we go again in Europe

NOT okbear:D:D

I doubt they will be going out of their way to injure players in a dead rubber. They will be desperate to beat us though and I expect we will have tired legs from Thursday. It may be a close game with us grinding out a victory, that said I would be happy with us getting a draw and going unbeaten all season.

Scott brown & griffiths couldnt catch me never mind any of our players , they are a pair of plastic hardmen ,if either of them are even playing they will get the piss taken out of them

Back