Sunday Night Sportscene - 12/4/20 - 2003 Title win

This wasn’t Helicopter Sunday. There only was one Helicopter Sunday and that was 2005.

The media use that phrase for every league deciding/trophy presentation day out-with 2005 to take the shine off it as just any other league win. They’ve been doing it for years.

Whether they like it or not we are majority of their demographic and have been involved in most of the well known and dramatic moments in football in this country.

Sundays re-run of the cup final probably gave that channel its largest audience since it launched. They'll have looked at the numbers and realised the pull that showing classic Rangers moments has.

If 10 times as many people watched it as usual, there would still only be 50,000 watching it!

Grudge watching that channel as it was setup to appease the Nats, but that was a memorable day and a memorable year. My old man turned 50 that year when we got our 50 titles, he was stuck off shore for his birthday but a certain Jose inspired European victory made up for it a little bit!

I have to say with the 2002 cup final and now this what’s going on at Pacific Quay?

:))

Let's be honest mate.

They want viewing figures at this difficult time so why not get the biggest following possible to watch the most important team in Scotland ?

You know that the mentally challengeds are even going to tune in just to be offended.

Ripped us to shreds at every opportunity this season and others but need us to boost their ratings.

We still hate you though BBC.

Was some game the confusion amongst the fans every time a goal was scored was unbelievable right up to the Arteta penalty.

Jeez, what's the chances of that. Just put it on the telly, on YouTube then had a quick look in here. Switch off and save for Sunday :))

Will be good to watch this again. What a finish to the season, just a shootout to see who could score the most.

It just proves that there is no show without Rangers.

I wonder if we could bill them for royalties :cool::cool:

As brilliant a day as 2003 was it was not the one appointed "Helicopter Sunday" status.
HS was, of course, the last day of 2005 season when we were at Easter Road and the mentally challengeds got pumped at Motherwell.
Still, it will be another memorable Sunday evening viewing.

BBC Scotchland must obviously be trying to improve their viewing figures to justify their existence to somebody or other.

Was at the Dunfermline game - I'd been at Homelands the night beofre and had about one hours sleep before flying up and met Jeff Randall on the plane. Shared a taxi with him to Ibrox and the rest is history. My favourite Rangers game ever.

The BBC have scapped tonight's showing, the SPFL have decided just to award the title to celtic.

Look forward to watching it tonight, brilliant day.

Before I had a season ticket but remember being able to get tickets from ticket office without too much of a queue when they were released.

Also got a £25 fine for drinking on the street from plod before the game as couldn’t get in anywhere on PRW

Back