Sunday - Who Starts In Midfield?

Kamara started out looking total quality-his last two appearances were dire-his form has fallen off a cliff and as such for me a massive gamble on Sunday.

It really depends who is fit-he might repeat the Ibrox line up.

My wildcard is that I've always felt Defoe could benefit from the space and counter attacking potential at the Piggery but how you get him in the team without sacrificing a bit of width is tricky.

I agree re Kamara. Since he ‘sold’ that goal v the sheep he’s not looked the same player who came into the team and his confidence looks to have taken a hit.

Peak Ferguson, peak Mendes and peak Davis please. We’ll need something like that to come away with anything!
I think you are giving them far too much respect, they are not that good.

We have had 2 draws in the last 2 seasons with far inferior centre mids than we have now.

Glad we all collectively agree, without McCrorie, we are getting rag dolled.
I dont agree we will be ragdolled without him, its not like the past few seasons going into this game fearing a 4 or 5-0 gubbing, they are nowhere near that level now and we are not as poor.

I don't have the fear anymore at all.

I dont agree we will be ragdolled without him, its not like the past few seasons going into this game fearing a 4 or 5-0 gubbing, they are nowhere near that level now and we are not as poor.

I don't have the fear anymore at all.

90% of old firms are won or lost in the battle though.

Without him, physically, they are stronger and tougher in there than us.

Kamara and Davis terrify me. Not enough aggression and too weak to handle the rough side of it.

There is no coincidence, when RM plays against the tougher teams, we can compete. Without him, we don’t have enough.

Often think we have this purist fantasy of needing everyone to be Xavi. We need balance. I don’t care if he can’t pass the ball more than 5 yards. I want him destroying attack’s, hunting men down and laying markers all over the pitch. Give the ball to others and build.

Away from home, against the top 6 and Europe, RMcC should be the first name on the team sheet.

90% of old firms are won or lost in the battle though.

Without him, physically, they are stronger and tougher in there than us.

Kamara and Davis terrify me. Not enough aggression and too weak to handle the rough side of it.

There is no coincidence, when RM plays against the tougher teams, we can compete. Without him, we don’t have enough.

Often think we have this purist fantasy of needing everyone to be Xavi. We need balance. I don’t care if he can’t pass the ball more than 5 yards. I want him destroying attack’s, hunting men down and laying markers all over the pitch. Give the ball to others and build.

Away from home, against the top 6 and Europe, RMcC should be the first name on the team sheet.
I already said earlier i want McCrorie to start in the game for the same reasons you have mentioned but it wouldn't be wildly impossible to beat them without him or indeed avoid being ragdolled.

I already said earlier i want McCrorie to start in the game for the same reasons you have mentioned but it wouldn't be wildly impossible to beat them without him or indeed avoid being ragdolled.

The rest just won’t get close enough. He closes spaces that they usually excel in.

Kamara and Jack wouldn’t have the balance and bite to stop McGregor dictating the pace of the game.

Arfield will physically match up to Brown. Davis, while being the better footballer, doesn’t have the zip to press like he use to, reducing his effectiveness in a game like this.

He should be running the game from deep (Jack role), but he’s not shown enough to warrant that opportunity again, yet.

The rest just won’t get close enough. He closes spaces that they usually excel in.

Kamara and Jack wouldn’t have the balance and bite to stop McGregor dictating the pace of the game.

Arfield will physically match up to Brown. Davis, while being the better footballer, doesn’t have the zip to press like he use to, reducing his effectiveness in a game like this.

He should be running the game from deep (Jack role), but he’s not shown enough to warrant that opportunity again, yet.
Kamara is a very good tackler, he might not go in all guns blazing but he is smart in the way he goes about it, many seem to have written him off after his mistake v the sheep and the Killie game, the problem we have is most of our midfielders are much of a muchness.

We do need to win the physical battle so Ross has to play but we also need players who won't panic on the ball as a draw is not enough for us in this game, we need to win.

My 3 are Ross, Kamara and Arfield if all fit.

I'm torn on this one. Would generally say McCrorie, but think the last few games he's played, his ball use has been incredibly wasteful. Good that he would break up play, but we need to be able to hurt them too.

I think he'll go Arfield-Kamara-Jack.

If fit, Jack and Arfield are stick ons. Kamara in theory should get the nod for his ball retention and calmness but he has been abysmal in the last 2 games, McCrorie is now back in contention for me.

If fit, Jack and Arfield are stick ons. Kamara in theory should get the nod for his ball retention and calmness but he has been abysmal in the last 2 games, McCrorie is now back in contention for me.

Jack and Arfield have been poor for weeks. Both have also been carrying knocks. We need players in the midfield who can battle and contribute from start to finish.

McCrorie Arfield and probably Davis for me.

Davis showed on sunday he still has plenty in the tank. Gerrard needs to use him correctly

Back