Super Ally

You can criticise his recruitment or tactical ability , but I still thank God it was Ally in the hotseat in those dark days. It was truly a battle for survival as a football club and Ally (along with Mr Jardine) was central in the fightback.

He was the right man for the hour.

I don’t think we as a support yet fully understand and appreciate the role he played.

I gave him as much abuse as anyone else as manager but he was there for us when we were being carved up and thrown to the wolves. I'm glad he's there today.
As disappointing as it was at the time. He did far far more during other times, and it's all water under the bridge for me.

I hope all the Bears all over the world see it the same way. Super Ally. The name says it all.

Legend.

We couldn’t have had anyone better in place at a that time than Super Ally. He had to fight for us on and off the pitch.

Not just that. When we walked out in the 3rd division. There was 3 main things that told us the rest of Scottish football were wrong when they said we were dead and buried. That we weren't insane in thinking there was still something to follow.

Boys in blue... Emerging into Ibrox... With Ally McCoist at the helm.

You could argue without him a massive chunk of the credibility of our rise from the ashes would have been tarnished, and the fans may have crumbled. As it was? Well, we all know the story!

I don’t care what anyone says I will never ever change my opinion on the man - he’s my hero and a club legend. So many wonderful memories watching him play for us. He bleeds blue and never hides it. I adore him and it made me even more emotional that he was there suited and booted yesterday. On a side note - seeing him suited and booted on our special day - shows he KNOWS the Rangers standard and class. Super ally always and forever a true blue.

Still love McCoist. Obviously we didn't have the full picture of what he was dealing with as a manager but he'll always be a Rangers legend.

Would love for him and Walter to unfurl the league flag at the start of next season.

Stepped up at the time we needed him.. alot of people forget that he had to try and fill Walter's boots at the start of our lowest point as a club.. nothing but respect and appreciation for super

He represents everything that I love about rangers. Great representative for our club

Reactions: uml
I thought it was superb that Ally, Bomber and John Grieg were all in attendance on trophy day. That made a great day slightly better.

Reactions: uml
Back