Super Jack's presser

About 8 hours ago. But have to agree, he says all the right things, very good speaker, and even better 'keeper. He'll be vital for us tomorrow.

He says the same things they all say. They get media training and they all say the same clichéd answers.

Actions speak louder than words and his actions have said plenty this season.

Was very glad to hear him agree the game is a must-win.

The manager's words I found a little alarming but hopefully his message to the players was different so I'm glad Super Jack was clear on this point.

Our goalkeeper is a man of total class and poise. Pray he is here with us for seasons to come

Offer him the captaincy for next season to stay. I concur, a true leader of men. We need Super Jack at the top of his game tomorrow.

If anyone needs an armband to stay at
Rangers then we should be saying goodbye.

Laudrup was made captain and never bothered his arse for a year with Gough taking it back from him upon his return from.America part way into that season.

He says the same things they all say. They get media training and they all say the same clichéd answers.

Laudrup was made captain and never bothered his arse for a year with Gough taking it back from him upon his return from.America part way into that season.
You manage to get your shirt signed in the end?

I don't think he needs it to stay I think he should have it AND stay. You criticise Laudrup for the last year of his time at Ibrox while making no mention of his incredible contribution to the 9? Not many Rangers fans hold any sense of resentment towards Laudrup? Strange? Who would you like to lead the Rangers team as captain next season?

You manage to get your shirt signed in the end?

"Actions speak louder than words and his actions have said plenty this season."

That's a massive compliment mate. I love Butland. I just don't get taken in by words in press conferences. It's just a contractual obligation.

And I don't think we should ever have to offer someone the captaincy to stay much as I think he'd make a good captain.

I don't think he needs it to stay I think he should have it AND stay. You criticise Laudrup for the last year of his time at Ibrox while making no mention of his incredible contribution to the 9? Not many Rangers fans hold any sense of resentment towards Laudrup? Strange? Who would you like to lead the Rangers team as captain next season?
You said offer him the captaincy to stay. If that wasn't what you meant then fair enough bit that's what I'm replying to. I don't think we should ever need to offer someone that to stay.

Who said I hold resentment towards Laudrup? We made him captain as an incentive to stay the last year of his deal and it never worked out. That's all. Ever since then I'm against that type of thing. If a player wants to leave Rangers then we shouldn't stand in their way.

You said offer him the captaincy to stay. If that wasn't what you meant then fair enough bit that's what I'm replying to. I don't think we should ever need to offer someone that to stay.

Who said I hold resentment towards Laudrup? We made him captain as an incentive to stay the last year of his deal and it never worked out. That's all. Ever since then I'm against that type of thing. If a player wants to leave Rangers then we shouldn't stand in their way.
Super Jack hasn't asked to leave so there's no need to offer things or negotiate anything just now. I'd offer him the captaincy and ask him to lead us into battle next season as I feel he has all the qualities required of a Rangers captain. You may feel that James Tavernier should be given the captain's armband again next season, I disagree...regardless of the result tomorrow.

Anyway, last point, I'd saw off a limb to see Brian Laudrup (even last year at Ibrox Brian Laudrup) wearing the captain's armband leading us out tomorrow at Torbett Towers. Mon the Bears.

Super Jack hasn't asked to leave so there's no need to offer things or negotiate anything just now. I'd offer him the captaincy and ask him to lead us into battle next season as I feel he has all the qualities required of a Rangers captain. You may feel that James Tavernier should be given the captain's armband again next season, I disagree...regardless of the result tomorrow.

Anyway, last point, I'd saw off a limb to see Brian Laudrup (even last year at Ibrox Brian Laudrup) wearing the captain's armband leading us out tomorrow at Torbett Towers. Mon the Bears.

As I said mate, I answered your post which said you'd offer him the captaincy to stay. You've now clarified that's not what you meant which means we are debating over nothing!

Agreed on Laudrup! Into them tomorrow!

Thats true to a certain extent and on that line I really wonder why Rangers dont employ some guidance and training in regards to media work. Not that I want cliché answers but itd be nice to have pressers where players dont fidget with their face/facial hair because their nervous about answering basic questions posed by idiots. Certainly the younger development players could use it to increase their confidence when dealing with media outlets and at least represent Rangers well.

As for Butland I think saying he speaks well just because of some media training is a little unfair. Hes clearly an intelligent guy who can think/articulate himself both quickly and effectively.

The pre-game pressers are dull but its hardly his fault and if you read/see his off-match interviews, both with and before Rangers, you can tell hes not your typical Footballer.

As I have said a few times on the forum - make him captain.

Was very glad to hear him agree the game is a must-win.

The manager's words I found a little alarming but hopefully his message to the players was different so I'm glad Super Jack was clear on this point.

Our goalkeeper is a man of total class and poise. Pray he is here with us for seasons to come
The nature of the modern press puts him in a no win situation. If we were to draw today they would then pressurise him to concede the title was lost using his own words if he called it must win.

I think it is a must win , would feel wrong to win the title without beating Celtic.

Back