Supporter Bus costs

We don't get enough tickets to run a bus to Aberdeen mate but there are games where we do run at a loss, we sell scratch cards etc to help cover this as well as a membership fee at the beginning of the season, that's the way these things work, it's not all about profit I'm afraid. Supporters Clubs do take hits and are unfairly allocated tickets sometimes IMO - a lot of time and effort goes into the running of these clubs every week.

Like teaching your granny how to suck eggs, telling Steincolin how a supporters bus runs :))

Bang on, £12 is very reasonable. Our driver (big bus) always receives a sweetener off everyone on our bus as a thank you also - the minibus driver doesn't pay. At £12, there can be 0 complaints.

Fair play to the boys for giving the driver a tip but is your bus supplier not a tim ? :p

Am with you mate. I think that's rather expensive. We are tenner for adults to ALL away games and kids go free of charge as long as with a paying adult.
I'd have been a bit annoyed at that myself.
In my opinion it should be cheaper for kids, encourages adults to take them rather than worrying what the price the bus will be.
Expensive day as they couldnt get kids tickets so their match tickets were 24 quid each.
As I said not a complaint about bus price just not sure what the norm is

We had to stop running buses to away games.... just couldn’t afford to do it.

We only guarantee to run a coach to home League Games. Members pay £15 at the start of the season and get at least 1 free bus per season. No charge for under 16 members and OAP £5

We only charge £7 for members and !10 for an adult/child member per game. £5 for OAP

The bus costs £210/game....

Some times we run at a loss, especially since we got put into 4th tier.... last season with Ally in charge, after Warburton got sacked we were losing £50-£60 per game.... sometimes more.... just as well we had money in the bank/hand etc

Fiver for home games.

£12 for an under 16 seems a tad high. I would argue £8 is a fair price for bin-lids to Livingston.

Our bus from Ballymena in Northern Ireland costs our members £42. Thats the return ferry price in that aswell.

For outsiders its £57

Another example of the importance of RSC and why bears should use them .

Again ticket allocation is a pitch fork fact in this sorry saga

We are £10 for members for Ibrox. under 12 free , teenagers £5. That's coming from darkest Perthshire. Away games we try to share with other clubs. See steincolin, usually not much dearer. Bus conveeners do a fantastic job. Been there.
We still charge £10 to Perth and Dundee as the bus isn't much cheaper.

Can I suggest the two boys join an RSC and take advantage of any members discount. A Supporters Club cannot run at a loss and the Committee has a responsibility to its members to ensure they, at least, break even. Speaking from experience the amount of work that has to be done behind the scenes to keep an RSC viable and afloat often goes unrecognised.

Can I suggest the two boys join an RSC and take advantage of any members discount. A Supporters Club cannot run at a loss and the Committee has a responsibility to its members to ensure they, at least, break even. Speaking from experience the amount of work that has to be done behind the scenes to keep an RSC viable and afloat often goes unrecognised.

Invariably on our bus it is left to 3 of us to “run” the bus.... Ask anyone for help and not one person volunteers.

The club has been screwed in the past by “good Rangers men”.

Now the 3 of us know every penny, every income & expenditure.....

17!years now for the 3 of us....

Personally may be the last year for me, and quite possibly the other 2 guys,but we keep dreading what would happen to the club

Queen Street True Blues charged £9 +£1 for the driver to Livingston ,
All non members pay the same .
Our 70 seat coach cost £420 to hire
We're 380 for bus hire to Cowdenbeath on Wed.

Due to lack of tickets the bus won't be full and we'll probably run a loss on the night.

Invariably on our bus it is left to 3 of us to “run” the bus.... Ask anyone for help and not one person volunteers.

Personally may be the last year for me, and quite possibly the other 2 guys,but we keep dreading what would happen to the club
I know exactly what you mean mate. I hope some of the young Bears step up to help you run your club.

It takes a lot of dedication and commitment to run a bus and I salute every one of you who do so. It is all the more difficult these days with fewer tickets allocated and so many ST's coupled with reduced capacities at some away grounds.
I feel strongly we should subsidise kids as they are the future but appreciate how difficult this must be at some matches.

Our bus (Glasgow based)was £12 for non members yesterday,too.
Our members pay bonus ball and hidden teams etc weekly on top of bus dues.
If we take the young one on the bus,he doesn’t get charged and we stick an extra couple of bob in the drivers hat..all helps with the running of a great bus.

For Livi first time we were £10 a Skull (33 seater)
Yesterday we we’re £15 (16 Seater)

Under 16 members are free to join and Free buses

Adult members are £10 for Home games

know of a few other RSC committee who feel the same

My 2 boys travelled on a bus from the southside of Glasgow to Livi yesterday. They are non members and it was 12 quid each. Seemed expensive to me or am I just out of touch?
That’s the same as our bus charged. Reasonable given the current cost to hire a bus for that trip.

Every bus runs differently, my old RSC we sometimes had to agree on paying £20 or over to run our own minibus to places like Aberdeen/Inverness/Ross county even at that losses could still be made.

See a lot of RSC’s sharing buses nowadays due to high bus hire costs and low ticket allocations.

Without knowing if they were accompanied by an adult and if they were a member it's always difficult to compare. We don't usually charge for kids but they have to be accompanied by a paying adult as it's a 550 mile round trip to home games.

I've said on here for years that today's youngsters have a far harder task in following the team than that which my generation had. Up until I was 13 years old all I ever needed was the subway fare from St Enoch to Ibrox and then get a lift o'er the turnstile. With most away games then I would chance my arm at dodging the train fare and then get a lift o'er. Back in the day of the old football special trains many youngsters did the same. You could not get away with any of that nowadays but I wonder what things will be like in the future for our game if we don't make it easily affordable for youngsters to attend.

For the away buses from Largs we just try and cover our costs the majority of the time as its is the usual same faces who support our club week in week out as we try to make it affordable to all.. For Livingston we only charged £8 from Largs for adults and £6 for juniors. I made a arse of it should have been £9 quid but there was miscommunication between myself and bus company so we took a small hit. Games like Cowdenbeath and Aberdeen we will have a £100 plus hit but we make it up on the home games and are lucky enough to have funds in the bank to allow us to do this.

We are £5 from Alexandria for members. £7 for non members. Under 16 accompanied by an adult are free, unaccompanied under 16 are £3.

Our supporters club runs a bus to every game from 2 busses to Ibrox down to a 16 seater to Aberdeen- we charge £8 for members and £10 non members going to Ibrox for away games we charge between £10 - £20 depending on bus size and Numbers going (£10 to Livingston)

£180 for a bus hire from Peebles to Aberdeen. Somebody's making a loss
Let me fully explain. Minibus is a selfdrive to away games. We also get the minibus for a donation which allows us to charge £10 (providing its full) to all away games; including Aberdeen.

Back