Supporter Collaboration Session: Accessible Seating

Did they mention anything about how they plan to allocate new seats to those affected? I was hoping the cantilever seats would be ready at the same time and we would transfer there.
The fella who sits next to me in CF4 was there George and says the most likely option is rehouse us at the back of CF to canti leaver in CR. And they think this is achievable post season. I really have my doubts over that time frame. And when questioned on it they says something about the Govan having it and very confident it'd be straightforward. Canny see it myself but that's the info gave mate.

Was mentioned at AGM lat year. There will be no cantilever in the Govan so we will be reseated in cantilevers at either of the other stands.
Wouldn't bank on that because the ones who will be shifted for the singing section have to be reseated aswell.

I would rather I wasn't moved af all mate, not particularly happy with this at all.
I've come to terms with it.It is what it is.No amount of moaning and stamping feet is going to change it.Im just hoping it's not the CD for me.

I've come to terms with it.It is what it is.No amount of moaning and stamping feet is going to change it.Im just hoping it's not the CD for me.
Yes that would be even worse and I havent even considered that as at AGM they stated Broomy or Copey, no doubt will be shafted.

How many seats in each stand will be affected and how many cantilever seats are the hoping for?

Did they not say with the cantilever seats there would be an extra 600 or so seats than what we have now? Or am I imagining that?

A cantilevered section on the Govan wouldn’t work would it? Already an overhang and extending it would cause viewing issues. Plus bar72 folk wouldn’t be happy with folk in front of them?

A cantilevered section on the Govan wouldn’t work would it? Already an overhang and extending it would cause viewing issues. Plus bar72 folk wouldn’t be happy with folk in front of them?
The Govan already has a cantilever which was added over 20 years ago.

The plan is to accommodate seat movers from Broomloan, Copland and Govan in the new cantilevers being built on the Broomloan and Copland.

Pretty sure I read a few weeks back that the Broomloan and Copland will be done then the Govan will be last. So we could be looking at a couple of years before everything is completed.

If any of that has changed please correct me.

The other issue with this is there are not enough turnstiles already for folk in broomie and Copland rear. Just going to add to the ques before games with the extra traffic.

I honestly don’t think we will be shafted. I think those getting moved will get first dibs on any ST seats that aren’t renewed. There is always a percentage that don’t renew every year.
That's what happened when they had the massive price rise in Bar72. When I gave up my ticket there I actually ended up getting a better seat than the one I'd had.

What the club announced back in May

https://www.rangers.co.uk/Article/disabled-facilities-at-Ibrox-update/40KPnwpicc7vsitthxytuk

Phase one will commence in a matter of weeks and will include key structural works in the Broomloan and Copland Stands. This work will not impact season ticket holders in these stands for 2023/24.

This work will include:
Extending the concourses to create space for additional accessible toilets.
Creating additional accessible kiosk points.
Alterations for the installation of lifts to the accessible platforms.

Phase two will be undertaken during the 2024 close season. Season ticket holders in the Broomloan and Copland stands affected by this essential work will be consulted throughout the process and alternative seating will be identified.

This work will include:
The creation of new platforms to accommodate new wheelchair spaces.
The construction of cantilevers to house new, general access seating.

Phase three will then be undertaken in the close season of 2025, with the Sandy Jardine Stand becoming the focus. Again, season-ticket holders affected by the essential work will be fully consulted and offered alternative seating.

This work will include:
Installation of additional, accessible seating within the Sandy Jardine stand. This will involve the loss of some seats, however this will be mitigated with additional seating being installed in the Broomloan and Copland Stands.

Are there any images of what cantilevers will look like, apologies if I have missed them
Broomloan_Stand_Disabled_Facilities.jpg

Wonder how that’ll work with our fans sitting directly above away fans in the wee section that goes beyond the current BR5 seats. I’m sure the police stand at the wee bit above the scoreboard just now
It already happens with the Bar72 seats at the other side.

What the club announced back in May

Phase one will commence in a matter of weeks and will include key structural works in the Broomloan and Copland Stands. This work will not impact season ticket holders in these stands for 2023/24.

This work will include:

Phase two will be undertaken during the 2024 close season. Season ticket holders in the Broomloan and Copland stands affected by this essential work will be consulted throughout the process and alternative seating will be identified.

This work will include:
The creation of new platforms to accommodate new wheelchair spaces.
The construction of cantilevers to house new, general access seating.

Phase three will then be undertaken in the close season of 2025, with the Sandy Jardine Stand becoming the focus. Again, season-ticket holders affected by the essential work will be fully consulted and offered alternative seating.

This work will include:
Installation of additional, accessible seating within the Sandy Jardine stand. This will involve the loss of some seats, however this will be mitigated with additional seating being installed in the Broomloan and Copland Stands.
Thanks for posting that link , I was at the meeting on Thursday night and one of the guys at the table I was at, said he’d seen something other than what had been mentioned at the AGM, I must’ve missed it at the time.

I thought the meeting session was really interesting to hear the views of other fans about the seating proposals and the other match day experience issues that were raised (I didn’t know any of the folk personally at the table I was at & they were from different Copland section to me, varied age range and length of time sat at their seat)

What I would say, and general view at our table was that we were surprised that there was no artist impressions / drawings shown of the possible options / configurations so there was an element of hypotheticals , given the majority of us had only heard about the plan from the last AGM and we were all trying to work out from what seat rows could be affected.

I would definitely recommend that when they do the next session regarding this, that they do have graphics on hand to show people. Or send them out to the people to have a look at in advance

Given the time i would imagine it will take to get building work / license approval signed off by council planners, the crunch time for a plan to be settled on is fast approaching & with season renewal emails 6months away!

Phase one was meant to start in a few weeks back in May, any work been done?

This work will include:

Phase one was meant to start in a few weeks back in May, any work been done?

This work will include:
Only thing I notice is they have done work / renovated some of the toilet areas in Copland front.
I believe that the rest are being done from this week onwards with us not having a home game for a few weeks now

Received an email today asking if I would be interested in attending another collaboration night next Thursday as my seat in CF1 is one of those to be affected. I'm away for the week or would have definitely attended.

Back