Supporters buses from East Kilbride and Carluke etc - Hampden

Bordersbear

Official Ticketer
Do all buses have to go into Glasgow M74 and M8 and enter Hampden from the West for games V them so basically going down the A77 ?

What I meant to say is can Rangers buses get down Kings Park Avenue and into Hampden and onto Mount Florida ? Say we were travelling from Blantyre could we get down Rutherglen High Street and turn left at the lights up onto Kings park Avenue ?

Last edited:
My guess is the EK buses will head down through Castlemilk and turn off Aitkenhead Road at the TA Centre. Failing that they will head down through Clarkston towards Battlefield.

We (Village True Blues) go in from EK to Castlemilk then Mount Florida.

15 min journey

When we have visited Blantyre pre match we have always went in to Hampden by going into Glasgow and back onto the M8, does my nut in but then again it aint my bus. i was wondering if traffic management on OF games means that entering from the southside is a no go.

See when I drove the car to the semi final I went east kilbride way up through Stewarton then onto the road to Busby and through Clarkston main street and parked near Cathcart Station is that the best way or am I better going through Castlemilk? I am coming from motherwell I know its probably a long short cut but it was just for getting away at the end.

See when I drove the car to the semi final I went east kilbride way up through Stewarton then onto the road to Busby and through Clarkston main street and parked near Cathcart Station is that the best way or am I better going through Castlemilk? I am coming from motherwell I know its probably a long short cut but it was just for getting away at the end.

You'll be in Hampden a good 45 minutes after the final whistle.

Do all buses have to go into Glasgow M74 and M8 and enter Hampden from the West for games V them so basically going down the A77 ?

What I meant to say is can Rangers buses get down Kings Park Avenue and into Hampden and onto Mount Florida ? Say we were travelling from Blantyre could we get down Rutherglen High Street and turn left at the lights up onto Kings park Avenue ?
You can technically do it. We hired a 16 seater for a semi final against them in 2016, and I was the daft bastard that drove it and that's the way we went from Cambuslang due to roadworks.

As we were driving down KPA I told the boys to keep quiet as we got down to the lights at Aikenhead Road, but needless to say this fell on deaf ears and they started banging the windows and shouting at the mentally challengeds. Thankfully a bottle didnt end up coming through the window but as the driver it wasn't comfortable and was delighted to see the lights turn green so we could turn away from the bastards :D

Castlemilk way is much quicker for you.

When you come through castlemilk and your coming down the hill approaching Hampden take a left at the TA centre and you'll be in Cathcart a lot quicker.

You're going to get traffic either way you go when you're leaving but there will be a lot less mentally challengeds if you go through Newlands.

Back