Supporters club for newton (cambuslang)

The hunter2

Official Ticketer
Following on from a thread from last week and someone looking for a bus in cambuslang, it looked like there could be 1 or 2 people in the newton area looking for a supporters bus, ive been in touch with another poster on FF and we both think theres potential for a bus. Just now all im asking if theres anyone from newton or surrounding areas that might be interested then get in touch please? At the moment im just looking for interest then we can take it from there

You’re only at circa 5 just now :D
Get a Vauxhall Zafira!!

Nah only joking mate, my mate lives there I’ll mention to him. Good luck in starting up

Would be interested mate. At the moment I drive to the games myself majority of time, odd occassion I'll get the train

Drumsagard I stay. Keep me in the loop with it. Usually just get train and subway to the games

Great stuff, Newton was once a small mining village at edge of Cambuslang. It used to have an Orange Band, which I believe fell by the way side in the early 80’s. Practically no one lived there after the mines went and Hallside Steelworks closed.

Now about 4000 new houses have been built on farmland and you would imagine there is plenty of scope for another Supporters Club in Cambuslang.

Following on from a thread from last week and someone looking for a bus in cambuslang, it looked like there could be 1 or 2 people in the newton area looking for a supporters bus, ive been in touch with another poster on FF and we both think theres potential for a bus. Just now all im asking if theres anyone from newton or surrounding areas that might be interested then get in touch please? At the moment im just looking for interest then we can take it from there

Westburn Road Loyal :D:D:D

I will be in touch with everyone that has left a message oh here and also pm,d me and try and get a meeting arranged to see how we move forward on this, if u know people that dont post on FF but woukd be interested then let then know as well

Ahhhh Westburn, the Republican arsehole of Cambuslang.

That fecking scrapy still there?
I wouldn't consider where I am Republican, quite a few bears around me, but I hate the fuken place and don't associate with many of them.

If you mean the metal fabrications place, then yeah, I'm near it.

I wouldn't consider where I am Republican, quite a few bears around me, but I hate the fuken place and don't associate with many of them.

If you mean the metal fabrications place, then yeah, I'm near it.

The place that used have the big crane? Feckers would fly a big tri-colour from that.

Worked in those houses down that end, well before the new builds went up. Between there and the Scottish Specials at Mill Road there were quite a few who adorned their houses with assorted IRA stuff. It certainly had a reputation for it.

The place that used have the big crane? Feckers would fly a big tri-colour from that.

Worked in those houses down that end, well before the new builds went up. Between there and the Scottish Specials at Mill Road there were quite a few who adorned their houses with assorted IRA stuff. It certainly had a reputation for it.
I know the crane you're talking about, not been seen in years mate.

What's the plan for Saturday? Mini bus leave from the Newton Arms around half 1?

I'm at the 'bottom' end of drumsagard, toward to station. Would be interested mate. Go with my bro and dad though, who are elsewhere in camby and Rutherglen. But I'll keep an eye on here for developments.

What's the plan for Saturday? Mini bus leave from the Newton Arms around half 1?
Im aiming for the
I'm at the 'bottom' end of drumsagard, toward to station. Would be interested mate. Go with my bro and dad though, who are elsewhere in camby and Rutherglen. But I'll keep an eye on here for developments.
Will get in touch with everyone thats showed an interest over the weekend and try and arrange a get together at some point but if it can be done, im aiming for the aberdeen game on the 28th for our first outing

Im aiming for the
Will get in touch with everyone thats showed an interest over the weekend and try and arrange a get together at some point but if it can be done, im aiming for the aberdeen game on the 28th for our first outing
Sounds like a plan mate. Saturday 3oclock kick off by the looks of it aswell

There was hardly any mentally challengeds in the Scottish Specials in Halfway. It was at least 90% bluenose.

Ive not counted yet mate but its been good, theres also people that dont post on here showing an interest, think it could be rounabout the 30 mark
That's decent mate didn't think it would have been that many. I was thinking around 10 people maximum

That's decent mate didn't think it would have been that many. I was thinking around 10 people maximum
So was i, but will have a better idea at the weekend. The potential for newton is massive due to the size of the place now

Ive not counted yet mate but its been good, theres also people that dont post on here showing an interest, think it could be rounabout the 30 mark

Good on you mate, just try and get it on its feet and running steadily-remember there will be a lot of people/potential who won’t “sign up” straight away but be looking on to see if it’s reliable etc.

I know of the area and think it’s got great potential as stated-all the best.

Good on you mate, just try and get it on its feet and running steadily-remember there will be a lot of people/potential who won’t “sign up” straight away but be looking on to see if it’s reliable etc.

I know of the area and think it’s got great potential as stated-all the best.
As long as i can get 12 people to join straight away then i can get in registred with rangers which is a start

When it was first built the Specials were at least 90%.

The vast majority of Halfway and Cambuslang was loyal and true until the 1980’s. Newton even moreso when the old village existed.

Since then there has been a creep of mentally challengedness in the area to the extent that the once staunch Tudor Inn runs a popish bus to the scum hut. The only beggars you would find back in the day we’re lying in their own pish in the Miners Welfare, or the Shamrock and Petrol Bomb as my mate’s old man used to call it. The odd other rattler in the Sun Inn was generally tolerated as they kept shtum.

Halfway is probably 50:50 these days which saddens me. Another example of, ‘well you let one in.....’

The vast majority of Halfway and Cambuslang was loyal and true until the 1980’s. Newton even moreso when the old village existed.

Since then there has been a creep of mentally challengedness in the area to the extent that the once staunch Tudor Inn runs a popish bus to the scum hut. The only beggars you would find back in the day we’re lying in their own pish in the Miners Welfare, or the Shamrock and Petrol Bomb as my mate’s old man used to call it. The odd other rattler in the Sun Inn was generally tolerated as they kept shtum.

Halfway is probably 50:50 these days which saddens me. Another example of, ‘well you let one in.....’
The Specials assisted in topping the balance in favour of the good guys in the area.

In the early 80’s there was a Celtic bus that left the Tudor (Halfway to Paradise CSC). This bus lasted only for two home games until some bam slashed the coaches seats.

The Halfway Rangers bus left Glen St at the Coop as well as a mini bus from the Sun Inn.

In the 70’s/80’s The Sun Inn was majority prods, the Ingleneuk the same, the Bowling Club about 90% blue, the Tudor 50/50, the Miners 33/66 to tims and the Stag about 75% blue.

Back