"Supporters have packed out Rugby Park" Sportscene

There was actually 126 less there today than the league game in January.

https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/kilmarnock/attendances

The difference is 4000 less Bears paid that time and they sure didn't sell those 4009 seats they gave tons of them away for free.

£250k extra for finishing 3rd though and guaranteed European football, which will also bring them a bit more cash, so in the face of it, it seems a sensible move for a one off game. Find it a bit strange they are doing this going forward though as I think the day trippers will filter away and Of course they could have got that anyway as they beat us there in January with us having both stands.

"Call to arms", its families with kids going to a football match ffs ! Its embarrassing phrases like that that make followers of the SNP go all doe-eyed thinking about bygone wars of the clans and battles with England from yesteryear. BBC Scotland obliging of course in keeping that tone in the forefront of people's minds to brainwash people at the behest of the SNP in the hope that they can go to war with England again one day.

"Call to arms", its families with kids going to a football match ffs ! Its embarrassing phrases like that that make followers of the SNP go all doe-eyed thinking about bygone wars of the clans and battles with England from yesteryear. BBC Scotland obliging of course in keeping that tone in the forefront of people's minds to brainwash people at the behest of the SNP in the hope that they can go to war with England again one day.

And here we have an early contender for 'paranoid post of the day' award...

£250k extra for finishing 3rd though and guaranteed European football, which will also bring them a bit more cash, so in the face of it, it seems a sensible move for a one off game. Find it a bit strange they are doing this going forward though as I think the day trippers will filter away and Of course they could have got that anyway as they beat us there in January with us having both stands.

The day trippers won’t “filter” away.

They’ll disappear like snaw aff a dyke and Killie will come cap in hand to us.

I saw heaps of empty seats and all I could think of are they so bitter that it's better to lose money than to have our supporters watch the match and spend their money in the stadium ? Collum should get the key to the town as he helped them get into Europe.

One of the biggest problems in Scottish journalism/punditry is the fact that people try to present their wishes as reality and then even in the face of overwhelming evidence will dogmatically defend that opinion. Michael Stewart is the worst for it, but plenty of others are guilty. This is just the latest example.

I watched a wee bit of ict v Dundee Utd last week and I was thinking how many empty seats were visible all over caley thistles wee shit ground considering it was a play off! Two seconds later the commentator mentioned that the Utd fans “had travelled in huge numbers” ????? The wee stand was half empty

Killie appear to have a wealthy man bankrolling them , good luck to them . As they don't need to rely on the blue pound anymore , it will be sell out Saturdays next season . ;)

Killie appear to have a wealthy man bankrolling them , good luck to them . As they don't need to rely on the blue pound anymore , it will be sell out Saturdays next season . ;)

Billy Bowie can use his money to fill in the blanks I'm sure. Stevie Clarke did compare him to Roman abramovich. They have no need to worry in that case.

And yet the BBC report says yesterday was their highest attendance of the season. Liars with an agenda.
Like I asked, what are they trying to achieve?
I know they hate the Rangers but how does this tie in with lying about Kilmarnock’s attendances?

Like I asked, what are they trying to achieve?
I know they hate the Rangers but how does this tie in with lying about Kilmarnock’s attendances?

In answer to your post, yes, it’s a version/variant of Scottish football is booming while, in addition, belittling the contribution our support makes to keeping Scottish football alive.

I’m sure we are consistently the opposition for most teams highest attendance of the season.

In answer to your post, yes, it’s a version/variant of Scottish football is booming while, in addition, belittling the contribution our support makes to keeping Scottish football alive.

I’m sure we are consistently the opposition for most teams highest attendance of the season.
I read, maybe even this season, that every club in Scotland’s highest attendance is against Rangers.
One exception to this is Motherwell.
I’ve never checked this out, by the way.

Edit: it’s a nonsense, by a long wat.

Last edited:
I read, maybe even this season, that every club in Scotland’s highest attendance is against Rangers.
One exception to this is Motherwell.
I’ve never checked this out, by the way.

Possibly not Hearts and Hibs due to it actually being a big game in Edinburgh. It would be interesting to see how this season went with the rest though.

Maybe AyrBear can look at the rest for us?

So based on the attendance, all of the Kilmarnock fans, including freebies etc, could've still fitted in the two stands along the side of the pitch?!

Definitely more than usual but definitely far less than full.

Still, better to have empty seats than big bad sectarian rangers arses on them :rolleyes:
Precisely. Where will they be next season when Steve Clarke’s Scotland are getting pumped left right and centre all over Europe.

The attendance was 5500 under the capacity of Rugby Park. They could have given us our normal allocation. I hope next season Rangers tell them where to go if they offer us our full allocation. Killie must have plenty of money when they can turn down over £100,000.

Highest attendance this season in the SPL
Aberdeen - 26/12/18 Celtic (20,027) (Rangers were 19,190 2nd) (Burnley was 20,313)
Celtic - 02/09/18 Rangers (58,865)
Dundee - 09/12/18 Rangers (8,578)
Hamilton - 24/02/19 Rangers (5,827)
Hearts - 06/04/19 Hibs (19,667) (Rangers were 19,429 2nd)
Hibs - 29/12/18 Hearts (20,200) (Rangers were 20,065 2nd)
Kilmarnock - 23/01/19 Rangers (12,374)
Livingston - 30/09/18 Rangers (9,246)
Motherwell - 26/08/18 Rangers (9,545)
Rangers - 15/09/18 Dundee (50,130) (Celtic games 4th and 6th behind Hearts, Hibs and Dundee)
St Johnstone - 23/12/18 Rangers (7,086)
St Mirren - 14/09/18 Celtic (7,288) (Rangers were 6.033 6th)

With the exception of St Mirren we were first or second in the attendances at all other clubs whereas Celtic were not in the top 2 for a few of them (including Ibrox)

Could it have been that many Killie fans streaming up to Rugby Park after the game was finished. Probably watching on TV and after their penalty, decided to pop up and join in the celebrations.

The attendance was 5500 under the capacity of Rugby Park. They could have given us our normal allocation. I hope next season Rangers tell them where to go if they offer us our full allocation. Killie must have plenty of money when they can turn down over £100,000.
Equal to probably two players salary for next season.

They were giving away free tickets and still couldn’t sell out.

What will it be like next season when the are bottom 6, they will be begging Rangers to take the tickets

It won’t tho if they get a diddy team from the other side of the world,which will cost them money.

You get money for winning or even drawing a game don’t you? Or is it just once you get to the groups. I can’t remember.

No guarantees there I know. You’ve also got to think they’ll sell a good number of tickets for the home tie given the way they celebrated it.

You get money for winning or even drawing a game don’t you? Or is it just once you get to the groups. I can’t remember.

No guarantees there I know. You’ve also got to think they’ll sell a good number of tickets for the home tie given the way they celebrated it.
They also have to charter flights and what not.

According to the Metro killie sold out 3 stands. The only stand that was sold out was full of Rangers supporters and we had to pay full price. Next season they will be begging us to take a full allocation.

Aberdeen - 26/12/18 Celtic (20,027) (Rangers were 19,190 2nd) (Burnley was 20,313)
Rangers - 15/09/18 Dundee (50,130) (Celtic games 4th and 6th behind Hearts, Hibs and Dundee)

With the exception of St Mirren we were first or second in the attendances at all other clubs whereas Celtic were not in the top 2 for a few of them (including Ibrox)
“They’re only here to see the Rangers, here to see the Raaanngers, they’re only here to see the Rangers”

According to the Metro killie sold out 3 stands. The only stand that was sold out was full of Rangers supporters and we had to pay full price. Next season they will be begging us to take a full allocation.

I said earlier in the thread that it seems a weird call to go down this route with us and the filth for next season (if they do) but ones things for sure, they won’t need to ‘beg’ us.

I am surprised that other than the scum there were 4 teams with better attendances against St. Mirren.

Thanks for this AyrBear, very illuminating

Back