Supporting One but Playing for the Other

I read on another forum that Greg Taylor's parents were in their local golf club supporting celtic during the previous OF game, despite his dad being a season ticket holder at Ibrox.. No idea if true or not, maybe greenock based bears on here can confirm.
I'm pretty sure that is made up nonsense, knowing his Dad for over 30 years that would be a real swing, not sure he is season ticket holder either to be honest.

An ex mate of mine, who iv been to Ibrox with countless times in the past, celebrated in his house the night we got to the Europa league final and was a Gers fan all through our childhood. Met him just before Xmas, walking about with a Celtic hat on, hes seemingly going about telling everyone who'll listen hes supported them all his life. Bit off topic I know, but that's just unthinkable.
That’s actually mental. I’ve heard of a few folk doing similar though- but cannot understand it.
Used to work with a boy who was rangers daft, as was his family. Started going out with a Hibs fan and chucked out all his rangers stuff and got a Hibs season ticket. Unthinkable!

First offer of a contract from them I would be on the phone to Ibrox offering myself for half price. Gives me the shivers just thinking about it.

No true Rangers fan would play for them.
Not a staunch one, but a fair-weather supporter possibly might.
To change your upbringing to the separate entity with the paedo hiding baggage and IRA supporting scum who hate Protestants and anything to do with the Union, to connect more with ROI than Scotland how could they?

An ex mate of mine, who iv been to Ibrox with countless times in the past, celebrated in his house the night we got to the Europa league final and was a Gers fan all through our childhood. Met him just before Xmas, walking about with a Celtic hat on, hes seemingly going about telling everyone who'll listen hes supported them all his life. Bit off topic I know, but that's just unthinkable.
He needs a good smack in the chops to get his brain cells back in the correct order. :))

I read on another forum that Greg Taylor's parents were in their local golf club supporting celtic during the previous OF game, despite his dad being a season ticket holder at Ibrox.. No idea if true or not, maybe greenock based bears on here can confirm.

I used to work with his Dad Shuggie many a year ago in Compaq, He fūcking hated them and would take any opportunity to wind the mentally challengeds in work up, The guy I knew back then would never have supported the mentally challengeds, that being said it was a long time ago and I haven't seen him in years.

Last edited:
I know they say money talks but no way could I ever wear that shite in front of that shite for any figures, never.

I know Greg's dad quite well. Worked with him and do scooter rallys with him. He nurtured his sons throughout their football lives and even started a football team to enable the lads to get regular football. Totally devoted to his boy's aims.
He was gutted about the boy going to them but said he had to be philosophical about the boys choice, as it was going to make him comfortably well off, possibly a millionaire.
He does not have a season book for Ibrox.
He does have a Rangers tattoo.
Spotted last week walking around wearing his Rangers shorts.
He is still a big Rangers man and would never sing anti Rangers trash.
And his scooter is bright orange.

I used to work with his Dad Shuggie many a year ago in Compaq, He fūcking hated them and would take any opportunity to wind the mentally challengeds in work up, The guy I knew back then would never have supported the mentally challengeds, that being said it was a long time ago and I haven't seen him in years.
He hasn't changed much at all pal. I worked in Compaq too. 20 years til 2009.

He hasn't changed much at all pal. I worked in Compaq too. 20 years til 2009.

Going by your username and knowing you worked in Compaq with Shug, you'll almost certainly know another old pal of mine that was joined to the hip with Shug in Compaq initials are SW he grew up with Shuggie in Gourock as far as I remember. I think they were members of the Gourock Loyal Scooter Club.

If someone is so lacking in principle that they would willingly let their own son join a club where he'll learn to hate his boyhood team, I'd say that parent has relinquished any serious claim to being a Rangers fan. Wouldn't you agree?

Don't talk rubbish mate. FFS.

People have the right to do what they think is right for their children and perhaps accessing top class facilities and training is that. You're talking about 9 year old boys FFS.

Going by your username and knowing you worked in Compaq with Shug, you'll almost certainly know another old pal of mine that was joined to the hip with Shug in Compaq initials are SW he grew up with Shuggie in Gourock as far as I remember. I think they were members of the Gourock Loyal Scooter Club.
Think I know who you're talking about. If it's the same wee guy I was out with him at the league Cup final. Shug is now a member of the Gourock W. A. S. P's. Make of that name what you will.

If Septic were offering a contract then I’m sure there’d be some rich Arab willing to pay an equal amount to shite on me and have me ram a salmon up his arse too.

You might be a bit smelly but at least you would still have some dignity, compared to anyone who associates themselves with the manky mob.

Last edited:
I'm a bit old now but to earn a decent wage in £k's a week I think I would have..
May be only chance a player gets to earn decent money

I would hope that if I was good enough both teams would be interested. I would make a big deal about my move to Parkhead and have my agent arrange for me to sign for us on the day I was due to join them.

I would then buy a house in Edinburgh.

If a club like them are making you an offer then surely you're good enough for other clubs of relative size to come in for you

Maybe, but maybe not. There's kids been released from us and went to them and vice versa. Maybe you're playing for Hamilton etc, they get an offer and nobody else is willing to match the fee. You could do a cruciate in the next match.

The bottom line is that it is unlikely to be as simple a decision for the player with the choice right there to make as is for the 41 yr old, 16 stone Morelos1872 posting on here about how he'd never sign for them in a million years.

If you're a Rangers fan and Rangers don't want you but the filth do, you'd be gutted but ultimately you need to take the move. It's the right thing for yourself to set you up for life.

Allegedly, my dad was being watched by Celtic and they had approached Granny TNF985 to offer him a trial. Granny was of good stock and they left with the words he’ll never play for “them”

If you're a Rangers fan and Rangers don't want you but the filth do, you'd be gutted but ultimately you need to take the move. It's the right thing for yourself to set you up for life.

bollocks. Some things are more important than money.

Hopefully there would be other options!

I would never play for them nor would I support my son for playing for them. He could do but I would not watch him play, likely it would cause great problems with relationship.

my feelings if you are good enough for Celtic then some other team would be willing to pay a good wage. Go there!
I agree.

I know it's easy to say on a forum, but I could never put anything C*ltic related on my body. I just couldn't do it.

But the reality is, many have. And as much as it is hard to digest, if your wages are getting doubled or tripled and there is an opportunity to play proper European football, it is understandable. And it goes both ways in terms of people joining us too.

Was to talking to a guy last night who said Callum MacGregors dad wont go to parkheed to watch him, not sure how true it is though
Just don’t know how these guys do it it puzzles the hell out of my sing rangers songs one minute then playing your heart out to beat then with the scum I’d not right

If someone is so lacking in principle that they would willingly let their own son join a club where he'll learn to hate his boyhood team, I'd say that parent has relinquished any serious claim to being a Rangers fan. Wouldn't you agree?
That's a question for kerrydale St.

Don't talk rubbish mate. FFS.

People have the right to do what they think is right for their children and perhaps accessing top class facilities and training is that. You're talking about 9 year old boys FFS.
No-one said it was anything to do with the kids, and no-one said parents did not have the right to let their kids sign for Celtic. If you're going to argue, at least read the post right.

Wearing anything green does not sit well on pelem, so sellik can go take a fuuk tae themsels.

Sporting Lisbon and Yeovil tae.

Professional football players will play for the highest bidder but if any of mine family decided to sign for the fhilth their on thier own,I wouldn't stop hating the scum any less.

i dont think anyone can say unless in that position
never having been good enough at football its easy for me to
say nah id never put that shyte top on but imagine been offered
20 grand a week to play football, its a life changing desicion
in more ways than one, id just pray rangers asked before i made a rash desicion

Back