Surreal chants and songs you have heard at Ibrox

beowulf

While Mo Johnston was still playing early in his career, he (allegedly) took, ahem, receipt of a video recorder and was raided. The only thing in the flat was his dog, Cairo.

Within weeks the Ibrox faithful had concocted a song (to the tune of hi ho, hi ho it's off to work we go:

"Cairo, Cairo . . . who stole the video?"

Heard our away fans singing the Inspector Gadget theme once, no idea why but it was surprisingly good.

Heard a drunk Bear in the Enclosure toilets at Ibrox in the 80's singing to the Cockney tune 'My old Man (Said Follow The Van)

"My old man, said be a Celtic fan
I said fuck off, father, you're a wank..."

Hilarity ensued but I've never heard that song before or since. Maybe a one-off performance.

Heard a drunk Bear in the Enclosure toilets at Ibrox in the 80's singing to the Cockney tune 'My old Man (Said Follow The Van)

Hilarity ensued but I've never heard that song before or since. Maybe a one-off performance.
My old man said be a septic fan, I said feck off father you're a wnak, we'll take the shamrock in half a minute, we'll take the jungle and all that's in it, with hatchets and hammers, feck yer rebel banners . . . "

I remember being in the East Enclosure with my Auld man and he met his work mate, they were talking about work and stuff but in between talking shop his mate would sing Pope wears hawf a baw during the convo, I get it now but back then I just laughed and wondered WTF. :))

'Bradley wears a nightie' sung to some unfortunate sub warming up for a wee team we were playing in the cup (i think arbroath maybe) back in the late 80's. his only crime was being called Bradley :))
Definitely Arbroath, the east enclosure were onto this as soon as the teams were announced, catcalling him: "Oooh, Bradley, Bradley . . . " he took it in great part and I think the EE gave him a clap off the park

Definitely Arbroath, the east enclosure were onto this as soon as the teams were announced, catcalling him: "Oooh, Bradley, Bradley . . . " he took it in great part and I think the EE gave him a clap off the park
got a whole games worth of banter out the boys name!! ' the sergeant thinks it's funny '

I heard that at my first ever Ibrox game (east enclosure via Dundee) a young trainee solicitor from Edinburgh singing it was invited to leave the ground by a member of Her Majesty's Constabulary.

One clown a few years ago singing a rather catchy Senderos song for 90 minutes solid on his own!

I remember being in the East Enclosure with my Auld man and he met his work mate, they were talking about work and stuff but in between talking shop his mate would sing Pope wears hawf a baw during the convo, I get it now but back then I just laughed and wondered WTF. :))
“In Spain they wear the sombrero, and America the baseball cap. But the biggest laugh that I did get was when I went to Rome, there was a man out on a balcony with a half ball on his dome.”

Absolute classic

Heard one bloke do the entire ‘Sure and Steadfast’ song-Boys Brigade version and he nailed it, he got a decent applause.

Also, during the Motherwell 7-1 drubbing this season, two young bears a couple rows behind me in the Broomy Rear, maybe 10years old went through our entire ‘naughty’ song book. I nudged the boy beside me and said give those two a toffee, well deserved!!!

Used to love it when the junior bears sang the McGregor ‘shags ten burds a night’ song. Their baws hadn’t even dropped yet but they knew the score.

Guy standing in the Broomloan Front serenading the Motherwell fans:

‘Ma Ma Ma Ma Motherwell, is your Ma Ma Mother Well?’

Early 90s in front of the EE a somewhat chubby policewoman was on duty. She got pelters, including ‘Sumo Sumo” she was eventually moved elsewhere, but not before her colleague almost chocked himself trying not to laugh

One we used to sing on the school bus in the early 70's to the tune of the Liver Birds song, lyrics will never be sung again unfortunately.

Glasgow Rangers, Scottish Champions gonna win the European Cup
Derby County, English b&stards gonna be the runners up.

One we used to sing on the school bus in the early 70's to the tune of the Liver Birds song, lyrics will never be sung again unfortunately.

Glasgow Rangers, Scottish Champions gonna win the European Cup
Derby County, English b&stards gonna be the runners up.
Remember that song very well 74/75 I think it was sung.

Back