Sutton claiming Balde attacked a Rangers player nearly every week.

theytriedtokillus

If you tell a lie often enough it becomes a truth to a scum paid cheerleader.
CELTIC fans used to belt out 'Bobo's going to get you' at games during the noughties.

And there was more than a little bit of truth to the lyric, as Celtic's Guinea defender ended up in no shortage of scrapes, often in the Parkhead tunnel.

Speaking in a Radio 5 Live special on the dark arts called 'Housery' this week, former Celtic star Chris Sutton reflected on Balde's predilection for violence with a particular Rangers star - as well as raking over the famous time he avoided censure for a rammy involving Barcelona's Thiago Motta.

And that man was the Ibrox side's Aussie defender Craig Moore.

Sutton said: "Bobo Balde, do you remember him?

"I don't know if you would describe it as 'housery' but he used to have a habit of just indiscriminately hitting people in the tunnel most weeks - just becaiuse they didn't like them or somebody aggravated them or something.

He used to do it with Craig Moore most weeks.

"I don't know if you would call it 'housery' but he was a phenomenal player."

At this point New York Times football journalist Rory Smith, also on the panel, chipped in, saying: "That sounds like a vendetta against Craig Moore, if he is knocking him about most weeks, that suggests its MORE than housery."

The Balde-Moore tunnel dust-ups may have passed into legend, but there does appear to be more than a grain of truth in it - as witness to these recollections from Moore's former Rangers team-mate Neil McCann.

He said: "I remember an Old Firm game at Ibrox and big Oz, Craig Moore, he could handle himself.

"He was really aggressive and stuff. He went up and clattered into Bobo Balde.

"There was a coming together and I remember big Oz pointing the finger at Big Bobo and saying 'we'll see mate, we'll see when we get up the tunnel'.

"But I've never seen big Oz move so quick, he was running past me laughing, saying 'is he coming Terry?' 'Is he coming?'

"I couldn't stop laughing. Celtic fans have a saying 'Bobo is going to get you', I think if he had got his hands on him he would have ended him.

"If it all kicks off in the tunnel you wouldn't want to be anywhere near him."

Did Balde not needlessly concede the 22yd free kick BF scored from in the cup final won by Blue Peter?

Sulked out of the team in his last year at Celtc, milking them for a huge wage & then stole a loyalty bonus.

I've always maintained that challenge should have been a penalty. Not to worry though, Barry Ferguson picked his spot from the free kick.

Did Balde not needlessly concede the 22yd free kick BF scored from in the cup final won by Blue Peter?

Sulked out of the team in his last year at Celtc, milking them for a huge wage & then stole a loyalty bonus.

He rinsed them for the last 3 years of his deal. He made 10 appearances under Strachan in total and rejected a move to Sunderland which would have netted the time £1.5m and got his 40k a week off the wage bill.

I remember the thug well "a phenomenal player" f*ckin hell lads!! :D

He concussed Ronald de Boer during the 2002 LC semi

He took all the £££ he could out of the vagabonds which was delightful

Oh aye and more glorious times when he got sent off in Shuvill

As for that c*nt Mutton, he is a complete non entity and he always will be, a complete and utter throbber

Lincoln City's best manager of all time, dickhead

I am pretty sure a Celtic player assaulted Lovenkrands in the tunnel at half time during a game at Ibrox and Lovenkrands was so wound up he got substituted at half time. It was one of Sutton, Thompson or McNamara that hit him.

Lemme get this straight, is Sutton claiming, by using the term “most weeks” that Rangers play against Celtic on an almost weekly basis rather than a minimum of 4 times per seasons?

Is this “Housery” program only played in countries where football is called “soccer” and most listeners are gullible ice hockey fans?

Alternatively, is Sutton - in a world of “fair play” and moral outrage over light taps to the shin - celebrating assault and thuggery?

Either way, he’s a donkey.

My only lasting memory of Balde is literally laughing at the prospect of him playing against us

I consider him on the same level of footballing ability as Starfelt, so there we are

I remember the thug well "a phenomenal player" f*ckin hell lads!! :D

He concussed Ronald de Boer during the 2002 LC semi

He took all the £££ he could out of the vagabonds which was delightful

Oh aye and more glorious times when he got sent off in Shuvill

As for that c*nt Mutton, he is a complete non entity and he always will be, a complete and utter throbber

Lincoln City's best manager of all time, dickhead
Two red card assaults on Rangers players that day.
One, on Mols late in the first half, would have given us a penalty and a chance to go three up against, what would also have been, ten men.
You don’t recall this?
Not surprised but you might remember Hartson’s clearly onside goal being disallowed for offside.
I highlighted this in a recent thread.
Watch it on YouTube and you’ll see the referee run past the incident then look behind him as if it happened behind his back.
First half, watch the last ten minutes and see the most incredible bit of cheating you’re ever likely to see on a football pitch.

So we played them at most 6 times a season if we drew them in the cups. Yet Balde attacked Moore nearly every week? I smell shite Mr. Goat Botherer.

I'll always be thankful to Bobo for Seville and Hampden. Mention to Rab Douglas also.

Newco Sutton: troll, bankrupt, goat fuckee.

Aye Balde was such a great guy he broke a 16 year old Leicester City player's leg in a friendly which practically ruined that player for the rest of his playing career. John Barnes, BBC reporter, reported it as " You know you have been Balded."

Last edited:
"Most weeks"? Does nobody actually proof read Sutton's ramblings and point out that it's obvious lies and suggest he makes up something less obvious for this weeks dig at Rangers

Is"Most weeks"? Does nobody actually proof read Sutton's ramblings and point out that it's obvious lies and suggest he makes up something less obvious for this weeks dig at Rangers
He is in touch with the celtic support which is his target audience as well as a few bears who regularly take his bait.

He is only doing what every other Celtic supporter does by thinking and talking about Rangers 24/7.

Back