Sutton's anti-Madden Agenda - right from the start

Watched the whole game again today and Sutton's agenda against Madden is apparent right from the start - every 50-50 that goes Rangers way is described as a terrible mistake. Almost as if he'd been primed (or paid) to pursue that line. I wonder why?

His oh Bobby patter was embarrassing as %^*& for the game as a whole. Contrast that with the likes of Neville down south who manages to come across as a Man U supporter without being stupidly bias.

He was on 5live on Monday night and was completely different to how he was on Sunday. He talked a fair bit of sense.
It makes you think he does play up to his audience.

This ten fold.

Covid 8.75 in a row season I actually heard him on radio five live say that Liverpool had to win the games to win the title and being handed it was not an option despite the 23 point lead in the league.

Then no more than 1-2 hours later on a Scottish platform he argued that if the league games couldn’t be played Celtic had to be awarded the league title.

Brass neck stuff.

Worst part was when he said Lundstram was a red and Thomson had to correct him

More reasons why him and Gary son will never be allowed into Ibrox again

They cannot be fair with their comments

They are paid by Celtic to rubbish any rangers victory and cast doubts over the legitimacy of the ref and the result

Even bassey run for the winner was contentious within a second of it going in

Ffs he’s onside

Not a peep about offsides 5 yards offside

Not a peep about McGregor’s yellow and penalty in the first minute

Or his tackle on aribo

3 yellows at least %^*& um

when I watched the re run on Monday on freesports I couldn't quite believe the way a co commentator could be so disrespectful to a referee I've never heard that before during a game. I don't think Madden had that bad a game he was probably guilty of trying not to flash too many cards and let the game flow. Both teams benefitted from this you would have thought it was the worst referee performance ever. Clancy at the piggery when Katic scored the winner was miles worse

Just love Fatson on BT Celtic Euro nights and his hyperbolic, sycophantic, cacophony*, about ra cellic no matter how many goals down they are always the best team on the park even if getting horsed, the adjectives he uses you wonder if he is colour blind watching a different game /team.

* Get it round you (Articulated Lawrie).

Watched the whole game again today and Sutton's agenda against Madden is apparent right from the start - every 50-50 that goes Rangers way is described as a terrible mistake. Almost as if he'd been primed (or paid) to pursue that line. I wonder why?

It was his over reaction and effectively calling Madden a cheat when Roofe was clearly fouled that made me realise he was just laying the foundations for an excuse for when Celtic lost.

I watched some thing about Juventus on Netflix regarding their match fixing etc and one aspect of it was that Moggi had contacts in the media who would specifically attack referees. The goal being that other refs would want to avoid bringing this kind of treatment on themselves.

Realistically Sutton should be banned from commenting on Scottish football matches since his bias and his attempts to stoke up outrage can actually have an influence on refereeing.

None of what's going on here is accidental.

Everything has been fine in Scottish football since January, funnily enough, with dodgy refereeing decisions just being ignored or brushed over.

The last of the top European leagues to get VAR but our media never really mentioning it or seeming to be all that bothered about it. Now we are getting VAR of course the "outrage" is all about yellow cards and fouls since those are some of the few incidents that VAR won't have a say in.

Funny how there only ever seems to be controversy surrounding Scottish referees when it's a result that goes against them or a result that favors us. Otherwise nobody really seems to care.

What annoys me is the ex Rangers players who don’t challenge them.

Our last league games against Dundee Hivs, Motherwell and the beasts cost us at least 6 points.

Before everyone says it was our own fault, 2 stonewall penalties and possibly 2 Dundee Hivs players sent off. Motherwell, perfectly good goal given as offside would’ve put us 3-1 up, Motherwell equaliser player was offside in build up. V the bheasts, Goldson had his top pulled off him and dragged to the ground, stonewall penalty with Collum looking right at the incident. Fouling with impunity with no yellow cards.

Semi final, McGregor wiping out Aribo and then snidey tackle from behind trying to bring down Kent, should’ve been sent off. Aribo getting wiped out in the box in first half, would’ve been a free kick anywhere else on the park. Carthorse Vickers pulling down Sakala on the goal line, stonewall penalty.

All of these are massive game changing decisions in only 4 recent games.

No one will change my mind to say these were ‘honest’ mistakes. We’ve been cheated this year, plain and simple.

Beginning to think the real reason for Hartson and Suttons bitterness is because we didn't rate either of and they never had that once in a lifetime opportunity to play in light blue.

It's borderline dangerous for someone in that sort of position to be constructing a completely false narrative about someone designed to stoke anger and paranoia amongst people. Especially in a fixture where tensions are so high.

Regardless of how much of a clown Sutton is, commentators, especially ones who fans have an affection for as an ex player do influence peoples thoughts and feelings, it wouldn't surprise me to read an article about Madden getting his windows put in or being confronted in public after Sutton's comments on Sunday.

Said it straight after Sunday's game, Sutton and Hartson's orchestrated attack was planned. Sutton first on the commentary, Hartson on the pundits panel, in sink nearly word for word, so obvious.
Hartson is just thick.

The problem is......Premier Sports got the "pundits" to go along with their agenda. Sutton, Hartson AND the failed trialist.

I noticed the same watching a full rerun on free sports. On him right from the off. Every tackle a Rangers player makes. Barely acknowledges any Celtic fouls.

Cheeky bugger had the cheek to say will Rangers have the bottle to press Celtic about a minute in just as we take it off them and Kent is halved in the box for a stonewall penalty, which he says is a good block. A clown shoe.

After watching for nearly two hours the Free sports recording stopped before 2nd half extra time!!! The Rangers fans were incredible on it. Especially in the first half. Constant.

Last edited:
The guy is as bitter as they come and he has the nerve to question getting banned from Ibrox. Likes of him and Hartson should be pulled up for their comments since last Sunday but we all know they won't. Could you imagine Ally pushing an agenda like it and the reaction from them that would come from it?

I genuinely think that madden referee'd the game in a fashion that would ensure he didn't get any more in the future. He got an unthinkable percentage of decisions wrong - to the point where it becomes realistic to consider that it might have been intentional.
And given the pressure put on him by the beasts, you couldn't really blame him.

I was going to disagree with you re payment, but thinking about it, if madden being bad is not from a cumulative view of bad decisions, it can only mean he is either being paid or doing it for a favour.

Has he forgot it's a contact sport and I'm sure his mindset would've been different if it was Celtic players making the challenges.

If they genuinely wanted things to improve the way to do it isnt just highlight the issues affecting Celtic but to be fair and balanced and mention incidents from both sides. That will never happen though and that definitely brings you to the conclusion he’s being paid for his views.

I genuinely think that madden referee'd the game in a fashion that would ensure he didn't get any more in the future. He got an unthinkable percentage of decisions wrong - to the point where it becomes realistic to consider that it might have been intentional.
And given the pressure put on him by the beasts, you couldn't really blame him.
You may have hit the nail on the head with that comment.

Said it straight after Sunday's game, Sutton and Hartson's orchestrated attack was planned. Sutton first on the commentary, Hartson on the pundits panel, in sink nearly word for word, so obvious.
Hartson, unlike Sutton, is a complete cretin who isn’t capable of independent thought so is like an obese parrot. The goat molester on the other hand is a devious bastard who will pen his own vitriol and deliver it at the correct moments for maximum effect. Both obviously are paid agents of the rattlers.

Back