Swansea vs Liverpool

Stevethebluenose90

Claims to be ITK - Is not ITK
Kick off 8pm tonight on channel 401.

#LFC XI to play #Swans: Karius, Gomez, Van Dijk, Matip, Robertson, Wijnaldum, Can, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Mane, Firmino, Salah.

#Swans XI to play #LFC: Fabianski, Naughton, Mawson, Van der Hoorn, Fernandez, Olsson, Fer, Clucas, Ki, Dyer, Ayew.

Somebody needs to tell this ref the rules of the game I think. Let a clear foul go a minute ago that led to a Swansea breakaway and took about 2 minutes and Salah highlighting the fact, for him to realise that blatant pulling is a foul.

What a chance for Mané. He’s not really back on top yet after the injury.

Liverpool’s attacking players are all outstanding talents but the 3 of them aren’t what you’d call one chance one goal players.

Fortunately for them they usually create plenty but need to up it big time in the second half.

All that money for a centreback and still cant defend a set piece.

This is why I couldn’t get the £75m and possible best defender in the world stuff.

I prefer a CB who attacks the ball full on and not this easy on the eye guff spouted about v Dijk.

V Dijk looks amazing when everything is going right for the team and strolls it but when under pressure or it’s a backs to the wall game, he comes up well short for me.

Liverpool’s attacking players are all outstanding talents but the 3 of them aren’t what you’d call one chance one goal players.

Fortunately for them they usually create plenty but need to up it big time in the second half.
They re all capable of scoring plenty but they all can miss a chance too. Salah should have had a fair few more this season. Some nights your luck isn’t in and so far it’s been one of those nights. Liverpool have been a bit below their best but it seems every break of the ball has fallen for a Swansea player. As you say, they need to up it second half. Swansea will no doubt retreat further into their shell.

This is why I couldn’t get the £75m and possible best defender in the world stuff.

I prefer a CB who attacks the ball full on and not this easy on the eye guff spouted about v Dijk.

V Dijk looks amazing when everything is going right for the team and strolls it but when under pressure or it’s a backs to the wall game, he comes up well short for me.
Id have the three Chelsea centre backs that started on Saturday and Phil Jones and a couple of the spurs centre backs over Van Dijk. Hes good on the ball and can hit a sweet free kick and isnt rotten but i feel Liverpool got shafted in that deal . They could afford it and obviously really wanted him.

Liverpool dominated first half without creating too many clear cut chances

Ki almost blew the Swansea lead by being a lazy bastard

And Virgil the Dick has been piss
The goal came from giving away two corners in succession with 50p foot clearances - then a daft header into the penalty spot area

Robertson and Matip booked for sneaky bastard and cynical tackle respectively

Van Dijk has been pretty poor this season, had pretty much downed tools with Southampton when he didn't get his move. He's not going to bounce back to his peak straight away, he'll grow into it.

He's a good defender. Is he a top class one, that I'm not sure. The problem is, there's a real dearth or quality defenders out there just now.
The good teams that have them aint parting and the average teams want an absolute fortune.

Developing players is very important these days. Some do and some dont.

He's a good defender. Is he a top class one, that I'm not sure. The problem is, there's a real dearth or quality defenders out there just now.

I don't think there is - there is still regardless of talent levels a natural order of talent i.e who is good and who isn't.

Ki again!!

twice he could have cleared that danger and twice he slept

he must have Liverpool on at the bookies

i know Swansea have numbers back but this has been pretty pish from Liverpool. Some very poor deliveries but also a flat-footed attack that seems to be waiting for something to happen

Liverpool miss an absolute sitter in the last seconds of injury time.

Vintage Liverpool

You’ve got to laugh, raise their game to take on the top sides then piss points away against dross. Same shite every year, seeing their disgustingly expensive centre half look like a diddy was superb :D

Don't know what Liverpool players' 'hoad me back' business at the end is for. They played almost the whole second half in Swansea's last third, had all the ball and created very little. And when they did, they missed

That was a real gritty defensive display from Swansea.

Thoroughly deserved to get something from that game for that alone.

Back