Tactics, roles, team shape whatever

Rodney Wallace

Just me, or does anyone else look at moments in the game today and wonder why certain players are in certain areas in the match?

Couple of examples.

Ojo, hugging the right touchline, the boys left footed is he not?

Aribo, breaking from the right side of midfield. Again, hes left footed so pretty much gives the defender he is facing up against half a decision to make as he clearly is never going outside on right foot.

Breakaway, Kamara is leading the charge, which as it's not generally a natural place for him to be it eventually comes to nothing from a really promising position.

Kent, almost target man like getting it back to goal about 40 yards from the box.

These are just some, but I felt like today especially, things in the game were happening that were a total head scratcher??

For the Ojo on the right point , We play with “ inside forwards “ so Ojo on the right is to cut in on his left foot , same when Aribo plays there.

I think what you've highlighted is the fluidity and interchanging that goes on throughout the team in an attacking sense. Good teams don't play in vertical lines any more.

dont know about you guys but kent seems like a total waste of money which could have been spent elsewhere

Back