Tav for the own goal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really really hope Stevie G does us a massive favour.

I would take £3m for him now just to get a fee and use for a young back up to Sterling next year
Everyday of the week, at his age he will decline quickly.

Today he done not much wrong apart from not stepping into his man and closing the space for the cross for the 2nd goal but was enough for me. And don’t get me started with Lundstram.

But it’s no coincidence he’s starting to talk about a testimonial as surely he knows a new manager needs to clear the decks of players who have cost previous managers their jobs.

Reactions: GF1
Tav was at fault in this instance , he gets plenty of credit when he does well but let's not deny he has let too many crosses in which unfortunately for us leads to goals against the yahoos
Hang on....Lundstrum opens his foot up to side foot it into the corner under no real pressure for an og and it's Tavernier's fault?!? Mental!!!

Can we somehow find out who the driver of the team coach is so we can go all the way back to blaming him for driving the players to the stadium before it led to both goals?

Or do we just do that for Tav?

Tav has lost his pace but with the right players around him, he’s still good to go.
We have to set the team up so Tavernier can get a game? What about setting the team up to win league titles instead and getting a right back that can defend with wingers that can beat a man and create space for themselves.

Jumps in, gets skinned and @Josh Allen is on FF telling everyone who niaive Tavernier is. The guy can't win with folk on here...
Well the alternative worked out so well.

Keep defending the indefensible though @Barryhopez on FF whilst the scum across the river from us win yet another title. They're delighted that Tav plays and captains us, he's our Paul McStay.

He's been a good servant over the years, but his time as captain and first team constant starter is done, IMO.
He's made millions upon millions without the success demanded. His value for money is appalling. We'll be having the same argument in twenty years time when he's still taking our pens, corners and free kicks.

He's made millions upon millions without the success demanded. His value for money is appalling. We'll be having the same argument in twenty years time when he's still taking our pens, corners and free kicks.

TBF you’d have to be a bit simple to not appreciate he’s been one of our best ever pound for pound signings.

And by bit simple I mean fcuking stupid.

Well the alternative worked out so well.

Keep defending the indefensible though @Barryhopez on FF whilst the scum across the river from us win yet another title. They're delighted that Tav plays and captains us, he's our Paul McStay.
I'm not defending the indefensible, but the blame for everything being laid at Tavernier is fuckin tedious.

Hang on....Lundstrum opens his foot up to side foot it into the corner under no real pressure for an og and it's Tavernier's fault?!? Mental!!!
What's mental is allowing the Japanese to cross the ball in untouched into our box and not expect something to come from it . Mental indeed

The way we need to play we need full backs who have pace. We have a ready made replacement for him in Sterling.

Deflect, deflect.
Did every cross end in a goal?
Should Lundstram have dealt with it like Sterling did many times?
Which to fukc Tav defected the cross never mind stop it .
Deal with it at source , we don't get very many crosses cut back into the dvums box and hey we don't score as many goals against them . Go figure

It's your 'go to'. Have you started threads on the other players who were pish today? Nope, you just want to focus on one. Utterly bizarre.

My go to. Clearly got me mixed up with someone else.

I’ve lost count the amount of times we’ve lost a goal down our right hand side or when Tavernier has flapped against Celtic. Only a few weeks ago he sold the first goal at Ibrox. His defending for the Kilmarnock goal last week was terrible.

A defensive liability.

Yet another old firm goal lost because him, yet again people just blindly defending him. It's unreal. Some of our support deserve all we get.

Didn’t think it would take long for the FF zoomers to find a way to blame Tav for today.

Lundstram at fault every day of the week.
Don't think he done it deliberately. Trying to block it imo fkn he'll. I personally am proud of the way my team played today not withstanding all the obstacles they had to endure today.

When will he learn how to defend a cross ball?

Blame Lundstram all you want for their second but that defending from Tavernier was crap.

And we’ll go again next season with him.
There was nothing for Taverneir to defend, that’s what makes the OG even worse, the ball in was a typical aimless, shite Maeda cross and we had 3 men there to deal with. It landed at Lundstram, who had time to take a touch and clear it for a throw in or put it out for a corner.

None of thats on Tavernier, but he was poor today in general also.

TBF you’d have to be a bit simple to not appreciate he’s been one of our best ever pound for pound signings.

And by bit simple I mean fcuking stupid.ts
If your happy to be second in a two horse race continually then your part of the problem. Happy clap to your hearts content. Maybe join the leadership group that will never fail to let you down. For me personally it scares me how much folk can be happy with constant failure.

Yet another old firm goal lost because him, yet again people just blindly defending him. It's unreal. Some of our support deserve all we get.
Aye nothing to do with Lundstram?
Sterling managed to deal with umpteen crosses, Lundstram sticks out a lazy leg, Tavs fault.

Aye nothing to do with Lundstram?
Sterling managed to deal with umpteen crosses, Lundstram sticks out a lazy leg, Tavs fault.
Lundstram wouldn't even have been involved if Tav didn't stand there and watch Maeda pull a 60 yard pass out of the sky, stroll into our box, and put the cross in. What the f*ck sort of defending is that? He literally did absolutely nothing to defend the situation.

Didn’t think it would take long for the FF zoomers to find a way to blame Tav for today.

He might be, but you talk absolutely pish if you think our so called “captain” is without any blame today or any other time. He was fucking shite, you keep believing in him trying to be pure staunch, he’s fucking shiite.

Great buy but sadly time’s up.
Him and Goldson both need to go imo. Not that they’re the worst - not by far- but they’re the biggest influence and we need a real change of attitude.

I never really slag tav off but it’s the same stuff again from him against them…
Doesn’t get tight to meada and for 2nd goal he just backs off it’s pathetic and he gave ball away loads today.
I honestly think maybe a change at end of season is best for everyone.
FFS a deflected shot for an own goal, let's find a scapegoat . I'm done here for the night

Yes he alone has those stats. Nothing to do with the other 10 blokes on the pitch with him.

The level of stick this guy gets continues to be laughable.
How many goals have they scored in those games because he's not been switched on and done his job? They're fair totting up.

How many goals have they scored in those games because he's not been switched on and done his job? They're fair totting up.
Not saying he's blameless btw because he isn't but there have been countless errors from countless players in our side that have gifted them goals. He's part of the problem yes. He's not the one and only problem and at least he has offered something at the other end of the pitch to try and cover his shortcomings at the back.

Not saying he's blameless btw because he isn't but there have been countless errors from countless players in our side that have gifted them goals. He's part of the problem yes. He's not the one and only problem and at least he has offered something at the other end of the ptch to try and cover his shortcomings at the back.
Ok, we're getting somewhere. He's part of the problem and culpable for several ridiculously soft goals against us in big games. Can you not then see the issue if that's our undroppable, untouchable, captain and leader?

So Tav didn't play an aimless ball into the middle of the park (again!) in between two Rangers players when it was harder not to find a team mate? That breakdown of our own attacks gave them possession to break up the park. He then couldn't get close to Maeda (again!) and then let's him get a piss poor cut back into the box.

Now I'm not defending Lundstram at all, the OG was a fucking shambles, born out of a complete lack of composure to even attempt to take a touch in his own penalty area for fear of a scum player being anywhere near him. But Tav turns over possession in the final third under absolutely zero pressure and we end up on the back foot 2 passes later, desperately defending our own 6 yard box. If that's not Tavs fault then I don't know who's fault it is.

Ok, we're getting somewhere. He's part of the problem and culpable for several ridiculously soft goals against us in big games. Can you not then see the issue if that's our undroppable, untouchable, captain and leader?
If you want to drop all players who have underperformed when it matters then you'd be left picking from the women's team.
It's been said before about Tav on here that is the most salient point to me about where he is as a player and where the squad is currently. For his faults, he is still a driving force for us. When we're struggling he's still the man who steps up to get important goals or assists for us. When his own form suffers, there's not enough quality around him to help.

Did you see the second goal. Take it you’re happy with the defending from Tavernier?
tavernier jogs over to maeda as if its a sunday stroll in the park when he should be fucking nailing him to stop that cross. If it had still got through him, at least he attempted a block but he done %^*& all and gave him as much space as he wanted to hit the ball into the box. Similar happened in Europe against Betis its happening on a regular pattern. He still has benefits, maybe its time to move him up into right midfield/attack, i think he would still be better than what we have there, but we have stop them at source.

Tavernier has always had that weakness defending the ball in behind him. We saw it in his first game for us and we’ve seen it countless times since.

When Ryan Jack was fit, he played in a position and with an awareness that mitigated Tavernier’s faults. That’s when we saw the best of him.

I have no problem with the prospect of Tavernier staying next season, he still brings a lot to the team going forward, but if he does stay then we have to find a way again to cover for his known weakness.

Or, instead of shunting midfielders all over the shop to cover up Tav's shortcomings as a defender, we could play a proper right back that can defend. This would maybe let the midfield get in about the scum's midfield and alter the game in our favour.

I really really hope Stevie G does us a massive favour.

I would take £3m for him now just to get a fee and use for a young back up to Sterling next year
Aye I can see the owners saying to stevie g, we'll how successful is this player...

He allowed a cross that he had to intercept but chose to sit off and let it get thrown into our box.
He has in my opinion ran his race and now needs to be replaced with someone who can defend first and foremost

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back