Tav for the own goal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we somehow find out who the driver of the team coach is so we can go all the way back to blaming him for driving the players to the stadium before it led to both goals?

Or do we just do that for Tav?
So Tav is above criticism and regardless of how he leads the players and plays the game, should be Rangers captain and undroppable? Wow.

It was a nothing ball and we had enough people back to deal with it easily.

I get that we have to find a way to blame Tavernier but not at fault today. About the only time they got a cross in that side.
Correct imo it was entirely under control the system worked albeit Yes there player outran Tavernier that’s a given but I didn’t think there is much wrong with his positioning he has to be inside and he has to have a safe distance between them else one touch and two strides threatens to take him put the game .
The Q is sadly really simple wtf was JL thinking about in what he done .

I get the criticism to an extent for this goal but we had around 7 men in our box to their 2. Maeda is always going to beat tav with pace so if he gets that yard on him at the by line and put a cross in where we are stacked defensively it should be easy enough to deal with at that stage due to the difference in numbers.

Just a pity we have a totally inept player who was moving onto the ball with his pitiful attempt to block the cross

How is he above criticism when there is about a dozen threads criticising him?
It’s scapegoating, Lundstram should have cleared as Sterling did umpteen times.
I challenged the comment that Tav shouldn't be criticised. You may be happy with him as our captain and right back but I'm not and feel that we MUST move him on and appoint fresh leadership. You seem to want to keep him in the role of captain and right back for the Rangers...I find that mind-blowing but you're entitled to your view and must be okay with constantly finishing second to the bheast.

I get the criticism to an extent for this goal but we had around 7 men in our box to their 2. Maeda is always going to beat tav with pace so if he gets that yard on him at the by line and put a cross in where we are stacked defensively it should be easy enough to deal with at that stage due to the difference in numbers.

Just a pity we have a totally inept player who was moving onto the ball with his pitiful attempt to block the cross
Your point is a good one wrt numbers recently our system has effectively worked in that we have had sufficient numbers in the core areas yet individuals have either made incomprehensible errors or they have failed to work collectively in suffocating attackers or simply blootering the ball safe

Last edited:
I challenged the comment that Tav shouldn't be criticised. You may be happy with him as our captain and right back but I'm not and feel that we MUST move him on and appoint fresh leadership. You seem to want to keep him in the role of captain and right back for the Rangers...I find that mind-blowing but you're entitled to your view and must be okay with constantly finishing second to the bheast.
Again nowhere did I say I’m happy to keep him as captain, I just hate scapegoating.
You’re happy to drive a captain of Rangers out, you carry on, there’s a word for guys like you.

It's actually mental seeing the outright denial people will resort to to try and absolve Tavernier of any blame.

Literally stands and watches his direct opponent, Celtic's left winger, take a 60 yard pass out of the sky, get it under control, and run from the touchline into our penalty box without going anywhere near him, then lets him put in a cross which ends up in our net.

Nope, not Tav's fault. Nothing to do with him. o_O it's actually fucking comical now.

Maeda has an absolute field day against Tav, must be the easiest 4 games a season he has, its beyond a joke. Why is everybody so blind to this, play Sterling thete ffs!

Again nowhere did I say I’m happy to keep him as captain, I just hate scapegoating.
You’re happy to drive a captain of Rangers out, you carry on, there’s a word for guys like you.
So you want the captaincy taken off him too? He's not the only one who let us down again today but he wears the armband! He must take responsibility for his failings, of which there are many, and it's time to move him on. I'm not 'driving him out' but a Rangers captain who fails time and time again to lead us to glory by leading by example is not fit to lead our team out or wear the shirt.

So you want the captaincy taken off him too? He's not the only one who let us down again today but he wears the armband! He must take responsibility for his failings, of which there are many, and it's time to move him on. I'm not 'driving him out' but a Rangers captain who fails time and time again to lead us to glory by leading by example is not fit to lead our team out or wear the shirt.
I prefer a manager who knows how to set up a team, we’ve won at parkhead 6 times in 24 years, Tavernier has a third of those wins.
Not just Tavernier who fails there, it’s a Rangers thing, wake up.

Just watching on sky there, why did tav not go across. Yet again he doesn't even attempt to stop the cross.

Fed up with this from him. Yes he scores goals but we need a defender as well.
I'm not sure you can blame Tav. What was Lundstrum thinking.

call me old fashioned, but I'd prefer our right back got a hell of a lot less goals and they were scored by our strikers, with the RB being a lot more defensively solid.

Tav is an absolute liability at right back sometimes.

Tavernier can't do the basics of defending.

Tackle before the attacking player gets in the box is primary school stuff.

Just watching on sky there, why did tav not go across. Yet again he doesn't even attempt to stop the cross.

He is being compact. We need to track all the runners for it to work.

He is being compact. We need to track all the runners for it to work.
What do you mean by being compact? Surely that only comes into play during a sustained period of play when we are defending. He should have challenged Maeda after watching the ball travel the distance it did, if the ball goes out for a throw in or Celtic recycled it to start again, that’s when you are compact and track runners. That was just terrible defending.

I prefer a manager who knows how to set up a team, we’ve won at parkhead 6 times in 24 years, Tavernier has a third of those wins.
Not just Tavernier who fails there, it’s a Rangers thing, wake up.
Why this fixation and obsession with defending a man who has failed? And a Rangers captain at that. At best it's ill-advised and worst, it's just weird. We have massive problems, I agree, but first of all let's be honest and admit our captain is not up to the job and has let us down over and over again. And don't get me started on his defending. Were you on here making these points when he gave the Jimmy Saville 11 a goal of a start in the last game at Ibrox?

I said it when it went in the cross should never have come in Tav can’t handle odd job pure and simple. So fed up watching things repeat against that mob we have not put pressure on them in a meaningful league game since 55.

Lundstrums part in the goal must mean he is done can’t start in the final can’t end of he was disgraceful today.

So sick of the lack of guts and pride in the club from this group of players who ever comes in this summer we need to ensure they are winners ……..

He is a really poor defender.

He would have been a great right MF'er.

Why this fixation and obsession with defending a man who has failed? And a Rangers captain at that. At best it's ill-advised and worst, it's just weird. We have massive problems, I agree, but first of all let's be honest and admit our captain is not up to the job and has let us down over and over again. And don't get me started on his defending. Were you on here making these points when he gave the Jimmy Saville 11 a goal of a start in the last game at Ibrox?
You don't get it do you, thick as pig shit some would say?
We've won 6 times there in 24 years apparently.
You hate a certain type of Rangers player, we get it, we know what you are.

Tav was 100% up to his old tricks against Maeda
Consistently gives him too much room for a guy who needs 2 or 3 touches to get a ball under control

But the Yahoos ball in was a nothing one
JL was simply too lazy to be on top of it

You don't get it do you, thick as pig shit some would say?
We've won 6 times there in 24 years apparently.
You hate a certain type of Rangers player, we get it, we know what you are.
We agree on one thing, I don't get it as I really don't understand your post. I don't hate any Rangers players. However, there's one type of player I will never accept at Ibrox and that's a Rangers player that is second to the bheast time and time again. Tavernier, Goldson, Barisic, Lundstram all fall into that category, that's why I want them to go. Simples.

The worst thing about the situation is the same conversation on here year after year after year.

Regardless of what you think of his defending or attacking etc, he’s 33 in October and his career is only headed in one direction.

He’s slowing right down and is being targeted by nearly every one of our opponents, and it’s costing too many goals.

Yes, we will lose his goals, but we need our manager and recruitment team to find players for other positions who can score them.

It’s now time for him to go.

It was a nothing ball and we had enough people back to deal with it easily.

I get that we have to find a way to blame Tavernier but not at fault today. About the only time they got a cross in that side.

Only it evidently wasn’t a nothing ball as it was enough for Lundstram to take leave of his senses and stick it in his own net.

What were you watching?

Who was Lundstram blaming for the own goal? He was saying some thing like "that's on you" I could figure it out.

To me that just typifies the whole team mentality. More interested trying apportion blame. Will be glad to see the back

Compare and contrast, the effort Tav put in to challenge Maeda controlling the ball with same pressure “Donkey’s” like Scales, Taylor and Johnston put on our forward players when controlling a ball.

His positional sense has always been a frustration to me, but he was in a good defensive position, but just rolled away from Maeda and let him bring the ball down unchallenged. It bordered on lazy, both physically and mentally. If he makes any effort, there’s no cross.

He's a man advantage to the scum. There's no other area of the pitch they've scored more goals from.

Played 5 games against them since. Won 1 dead rubber... but people double down that he's not an issue.

I've said before, I think there's a place for him if we can afford it, but a Rangers captain should never survive the amount of ignominy he's been through.

Played 5 games against them since. Won 1 dead rubber... but people double down that he's not an issue.

I've said before, I think there's a place for him if we can afford it, but a Rangers captain should never survive the amount of ignominy he's been through.
The amount defending him in that thread is painful on the eyes.

After 2 goals down his right side with him falling asleep that day for the scum to win the cup as well.

He's the luckiest Rangers player in history.

Today sort of summed up his Rangers career to be honest. Had a hand in two of their goals, a really big hand in the second, but to a portion of the support he’s just never accountable, they’ll just always live in denial and shift the blame onto anyone else. Maeda isn’t exactly a world beater but he had Tav on toast for the umpteenth time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back