Tav Free Kick at the End

TommyMcLean7

Two very poor performances recently aside the free kick at the last minute today says a lot about Tav. Barasic wants it, Tav sends him away knowing that it is on Barasic's side (left footed) and he has been deadly from similar range. Tav knows he himself is not scoring/shooting from there and will have to put in a cross on a day that his deliveries have been terrible. Selfishly put himself before the team, denying us our best chance of scoring to win the game in the last minute. Does not deserve to be captain for this as much if not more than for poor performances. Davis should be our captain.

Tav’s starting to get on my tits now.

I also noticed that Barisic wanted to take the free kick (he’s better at them) and tav shooshed him away.

He needs told he’s dug meat at set pieces.

also, young boys away and now hearts he’s wandered into the middle of the pitch going for a CB ball, f*cking it up, and costing us. Leaving the balls in the middle of the pitch to the bigger guys in the middle of the pitch ffs.

Same as his free kick against young boys and goldson got slaughtered for giving away free kick.A crucial time of the game and a crap delivery again when it was on for borna or greg stewart to have a go

Two very poor performances recently aside the free kick at the last minute today says a lot about Tav. Barasic wants it, Tav sends him away knowing that it is on Barasic's side (left footed) and he has been deadly from similar range. Tav knows he himself is not scoring/shooting from there and will have to put in a cross on a day that his deliveries have been terrible. Selfishly put himself before the team, denying us our best chance of scoring to win the game in the last minute. Does not deserve to be captain for this as much if not more than for poor performances. Davis should be our captain.
Poor decision making.

I agree with the OP about who should have taken it, it was a Barasic area of the field and especially given how vitally decisive the Big Man has been under pressure in these moments he should have been given the nod.
Tav may have wanted to redeem his poor game, but as a captain, it is his responsibility to look out for the team and not himself.
I was actually pretty pissed off when Tav sent Borna away.

Maybe the guy thats in charge can have a say or maybe he was to busy sitting in the dugout
you're going to get pelters for critising Gerrard but i full agree, whenever we are needing a goal he tends to be sittting back in his chair slumped without an idea of what to do, if im a player and we are struggling and look to the bench and see the manager sitting down in the dugout it wouldnt exactly fill me with confidence

Totally frustrated by it , it was better for barasic to put a shot or a cross on target , but after a day of abysmal crossing by tav , no he decides to take ir and floats it to the back post and out of play.

you're going to get pelters for critising Gerrard but i full agree, whenever we are needing a goal he tends to be sittting back in his chair slumped without an idea of what to do, if im a player and we are struggling and look to the bench and see the manager sitting down in the dugout it wouldnt exactly fill me with confidence
Agree with this. Right from the start we looked off the pace. Sitting back in the dugout doesnt send the right message to a struggling team.

Suited a left footer. Get the ball into the centre of the box and it’ll travel towards goal even if missed by our players. He was trying too hard to make amends IMO.

Get it Colin, Gerrard should have instructed Tav to let Barasic take it. Also, agree with posters that Gerrard should be showing a bit of Walter type passion from the sidelines on days like today. Sometimes players need a kick up the arse during the game.

Absolutely had to be Barasic hitting that one, last chance whip an inswinger towards the far post and try to cause some panic

Tavenier want's to have a good look at himself, for a start he's never a Rangers captain, hes self centred and selfish.His form this season has been diabolical as far as im concered.
And as far as defending goes the guys a joke, as he just cant do it.The sooner Stevie G.realises this the stronger our defence will become, as everyone can see that's where the defensive problems lie.
Time for change, if we want to win trophies.imo.

If I remember correctly davis got absolutely no stick the last time he was captain :confused: Definitely wasnt anyone saying he "wasnt captain material"

We’re going off thread but you rarely noticed Walter out the directors box or standing at the side when playing well. On our arse or if the team needed him he’d be right a the side directing and influencing.

Tavenier want's to have a good look at himself, for a start he's never a Rangers captain, hes self centred and selfish.His form this season has been diabolical as far as im concered.
And as far as defending goes the guys a joke, as he just cant do it.The sooner Stevie G.realises this the stronger our defence will become, as everyone can see that's where the defensive problems lie.
Time for change, if we want to win trophies.imo.
Absolutely agree 100 %

I've already put the boot into Tav becaus he was to blame for their goal today, sick of his errors.but now when it comes to the others the whole mid field were pathetic with only davis slightly getting pasmarks,whole team apart from morelos bottled it against a pish poor Hearts team,same as last season take the lead then next game botlle it

There was a lot of deliberation over what should have been something straightforward. If Tavernier needs to think about what to do in that situation then really; is there not a plan already for something as basic as what to do with a ball in such a situation? I don't like criticising Tavernier, he is a fantastic player, but why be so elaborate at that stage of the game?

I just knew nothing would come of that free kick. Summed up his form of late. He’s becoming a pain in the arse wanting to take every bloody free kick
Our captain is a pain in the arse?

Get yourself to %^*& and then get yourself even further to %^*&

Tav's got the lot in terms of ability.

His mistakes, lapses, inconsistency...that's why he's with us and not playing in the Premiership.

That's where we are just now.

Tavernier seems to be on the brink of morphing into the player we saw under Warburton. Lack of confidence and fuckin up when under pressure. He has to sort it out but dropping him isn't an answer when we haven't a decent alternative.
We do, we have 2 players who can play right back and who can defend, we can't keep playing Tav just now his confidence is shot to pieces, he is supposed to be leading the team but he looks like he wants the ground to open and swallow him up

Its tough to see but a couple of games out the team may do him some good

Back