Tav getting himself ready for next season already

Tav doesn't need to get in shape, he stays in shape!

All footballers should strive to be like that.

You can bet he doesn't drink during the off-season and continues to eat well. That mentality can add years to a player's career. Cristiano Ronaldo was the epitome of that.
Ronaldo is the epitome of that, banging goals in for a shit Man Utd at the highest level. Ibrahimovic too!

Some of our players won’t need a pre-season. Besides Tav doing this, there quite a few playing internationals until only a few days before they’re back at the RTC.

You can bet he doesn't drink during the off-season and continues to eat well. That mentality can add years to a player's career. Cristiano Ronaldo is the epitome of that.
Compare to Jack "Im still Jack from Solihull" Grealish..... Bellend.

If we were to lose Aribo this summer, I wouldn’t be against Tav’s brother being the replacement. Might be difficult with the mental money that could come from a PL club right enough.

If we were to lose Aribo this summer, I wouldn’t be against Tav’s brother being the replacement. Might be difficult with the mental money that could come from a PL club right enough.

Spoke to him outside the stadium at the EL Final. Says he'd love it.

I see on Tavs Instagram that he and his brother are training with a fitness guy while out in Dubai. Good to see hum leading by example and keeping himself I good shape and ready to go when pre season starts

Low 40s out here right now. It’s not easy to walk never mind train in this weather!

I'm quite interested in body conditioning, but I don’t know much about it. Is it true all the work's done in pre season, and the players only lightly train thereafter?

I remember he was out with appendicitis, he came back I think it was a couple of weeks ! Astonishing

These last two years have been as good an extended contribution we've had from an individual player for a long time.

To think after those games against Young Boys and Hearts we'd have chased him too. His mental strength is second to none.

His brother is a quality player, very skilful on the ball. Although he has played on the right, he's predominantly left-footed so could only see it if Kent left for a sizeable fee. He's going into the final year of his current contract with Boro but would still take a decent fee to bring up here.

You can bet he doesn't drink during the off-season and continues to eat well. That mentality can add years to a player's career. Cristiano Ronaldo is the epitome of that.
Agree on this.

Feel guilty even reading this thread as I’ve been trying to cut down and eat a bit healthier recently. Planned to have porridge and one slice of whole meal bread with no butter and sliced tomato for breakfast this morning, ended up three slice of white bread toasted with lashings of lurpak and the tomatoes on them. It takes a lot of discipline to do it and Tavernier fitness may be natural but also he works at it.

Have to admit it has taken me a long time to warm to Tav, but the last couple of seasons have really changed my mind on him. Happy that he has proven me wrong. He's really grown into the captain's role and even though still has the odd defensive mistake in him he really sets the standards for the rest of the sqaud.

Digressing slightly but I don't think it's unrealistic to say that we are soon going to see players continuing at the top level until their 40s the way we saw them playing until their 30s a few decades ago.

The advances in sports science are such that I actually would not be surprised to see a fair number even play until their 50s in the near future (and I know there are some examples of this currently).

Tav is a great example of the modern footballer as a supreme athlete.

Except for Ronaldo is a wanker and oor Tav isn't.

Digressing slightly but I don't think it's unrealistic to say that we are soon going to see players continuing at the top level until their 40s the way we saw them playing until their 30s a few decades ago.

The advances in sports science are such that I actually would not be surprised to see a fair number even play until their 50s in the near future (and I know there are some examples of this currently).

Tav is a great example of the modern footballer as a supreme athlete.

Just as well Patterson left then, he'd be in his 40s still waiting for his chance, if Tav is still bombing up and down the right wing in his 50s looking ike Morgan Freeman :)

His brother is a quality player, very skilful on the ball. Although he has played on the right, he's predominantly left-footed so could only see it if Kent left for a sizeable fee. He's going into the final year of his current contract with Boro but would still take a decent fee to bring up here.

Hopefully we might have tapped him up, he can sit tight, we'll get him on the cheap in January, or a Bosman next summer.
I say that having never seen him play, but with complete confidence in the Tavernier super human DNA :)

Back