Tav the usual we need to learn from this quickly

I get in his role as skipper he needs to say something, but it’s actually becoming to his detriment when he just trots out the same spiel.

Why didn’t they turn up? Why weren’t they properly prepared and focussed? Why wasn’t this seen as a cup final game?

Two managers have bit the bullet because of this failure to have the correct mindset and Clement will absolutely go the same way unless the players that are failing to show that mindset are moved on.

Sickening.

Weirdly we probably have a better chance of winning the league now we don't have the pressure of being top
This is probably the easiest split we could have asked for and we need to win all 5.

IMO, we will get humped at the 'Crime 'Scene' and drop points against Hearts. However, with our defence we will struggle in the other games too.

I am not really sure what threads like this achieve. Our captain, who has been media trained his entire pro career is hardly going to come out and slaughter everyone of his teammates, the manager and himself. He has fronted up and said all the usual buzz words that he will have been trained to say.

The number of times we've heard this “have to learn” bollocks makes me wonder as the absorption levels of some players.
If you haven’t learned from the last time, the time before that and the time before that, then chances are you ain't going to.

9 years he’s been at the club, 6 as captain and he’s still talking about needing to learn from this. A good portion of this squad have now been here for 2+ years, if they haven’t learned by now then they should never have been near us in the first place.

Worst performance from him this season.
5 times in the first half he passed it straight to their player. Corners were brutal. Marking was shocking.
Nah, the OF was worse man. Massive opportunity for us to lay down a marker and he choked it and left us with an uphill battle after 20 seconds

Gets wheeled out time after time, and we somehow don’t expect the same rhetoric each matching circumstance?

We have a lot to thank him for over the years but the crunch time has arrived - let’s see over the handful of games remaining whether he’s got the nerve.
Just wish more of his passes ended up with one of our own players.

If he learned anything he wouldn't need to take every corner and slow play down with needing to take throw ins

Nothing personal Tav, but you’re boring all of us now. A Captain leads by example and not once have I seen the veins popping out of your temples because you’re screaming at the players to get some kind of reaction.

As soon as we lose a game this fella is in a no win situation where the post match press stuff is concerned regardless what he says. May as well not bother doing it.

He's obviously too placid a guy to do the shouting and screaming ritual to try get the players going. Not his style. His leadership is leading by example. If he's having a bad game himself then his captaincy is automatically linked to it. An unenviable position to be in when you're only ever a bad half of football away from searing criticism from his own fans

All that being said...we've been made mugs of by Ross County today. Ross fking County. No one from the playing or coaching side can say anything today that will appease the fans after that performance.

He dosent get it does he, absolutely no shame coming out with this old rubbish time and time again. 2nd just isn't good enough at Rangers. Can't fault his effort in his time here but being from an older vintage I really pity young Rangers fans growing up with him as our clubs captain. He isn't the standard of captain we have at Rangers. He wouldn't be fit to wipe the arse of captains of the past. Just a perennial loser full of self importance but ultimately isn't even close to being to being good enough. Not that he'd care about what the fans think, can't say he's a Rangers man at all.

Last edited:
If fan media are there, surely someone's got to ask 'what have you learned from it exactly that you didn't already know after a lifetime as a footballer? How is that going to make any difference going forward?'

How do you even learn to want something more than the opposition, willingness to run through brick walls to win, and desire to be under pressure and thrive in it?

I think you've either got that mentality or not. Tavernier hasn't, neither has Goldson, or Lundstrum. Most of the others don't either, but they will mostly be taking their lead from the leadership group.

This is probably the easiest split we could have asked for and we need to win all 5.

IMO, we will get humped at the 'Crime 'Scene' and drop points against Hearts. However, with our defence we will struggle in the other games too.
If Big Phil picks his strongest team we can win all 5.
And there’s every chance they will drop points at Rugby Park.

Yawn yawn . Yadda yadda .
We have no chance of winning at the crime scene which is what we will need to do to have any chance.

He dosent get it does he, absolutely no shame coming out with this old rubbish time and time again. 2nd just isn't good enough at Rangers. Can't fault his effort in his time here but being from an older vintage I really pity young Rangers fans growing up with him as our clubs captain. He isn't the standard of captain we have at Rangers. He wouldn't be fit to wipe the arse of captains of the past. Just a perennial loser full of self importance but ultimately isn't even close to being to being good enough. Not that he'd care about what the fans think, can't say he's a Rangers man at all.
Your post will be unpopular with many Epsom, but I have to agree with you. He is nothing like the captains we grew up with - although football has changed a lot. All I can say is if I was working with Tav - in any job - his attitude and personality would not inspire me.

Some things are better left unsaid.

And they should can walking round the pitch unless there is something to merit doing so.

Thanking the fans after capitulating to the second bottom team in the division is embarrassing. The manager should have the wherewithal to at least recognise that. But nah, it's all part of this brave new worldview that necessitates recognition of the loyalty of the support.

How about recognising the loyalty of the support by putting in a performance that looks like you are pulling out all the stops to win something; instead of nonchalantly swanning about as if the game (and the three points) was a formality.

Disgraceful all round.

Your post will be unpopular with many Epsom, but I have to agree with you. He is nothing like the captains we grew up with - although football has changed a lot. All I can say is if I was working with Tav - in any job - his attitude and personality would not inspire me.
Thanks pal, perhaps you're from a similar vintage as me. You're spot on, football and the world has changed but Tav isn't befitting of a Rangers captain, the fact he has held the armband for so long just shows that the effects of 2012 still linger on. He's done his bit but I don't think the club can truly move on until he fucks off to Rotherham or somewhere similar where he can find his level. He'll ruin his Rangers legacy if dosent move on soon but sadly I don't think he will give a shit about that. As a old man in not great health I'd be truly gutted if I die with him as captain of my beloved club!

How many times have we “ need to learn quickly”. And haven’t learned.

And it drives me crazy when the captain of the team says “ we didn’t turn up today”. Especially when he’s one of them that didn’t turn up. He’s been at Rangers long enough.

Rangers captains always turn up. And when some of their team mates don’t, that’s their problem too.

Actually sat through the full post match analysis including Sutton looking smug as f*ck while that snidey wee boot Barbour and McFadden cracked their jokes but had to turn it off when Tav came on. Has to be put out of his misery this summer for his sake and ours.

Funny that because he never learns from his mistakes.

Wildly out of position for some of their goals.

His passing accuracy was 31/45 today. 69%. Against Ross county.

Embarrassing

he has learned that all he needs to do is turn up , keep taking the same shite corners and crosses , keep getting caught out of position giving away goals , hop and skip on to the pitch, but as long as you score a penalty and kiss your wrist then you will still get paid handsomely for being an average footballer. Have you ever seen him half someone with a tackle ?
He’s a protected species, too many fan boys on here.

The regard in which we hold him shows how far our expectations have fallen in the last decade.

Back