Tav will see another manager out the door.

So what? Celebrating 2nd now?

No..I'm saying without Tav we'd be miles worse off than the sh1tshow we are already seeing as, when he doesn't dig us out a hole, no one else does. Without him doing that this year we'd be even further behind.

That's it. Not happy being second. Nothing like that. A daming indictment on the team. We are essentially a one man team. And thay man is even out of form.

When the going gets tough

Tav gets hiding.
Sorry but at no point does Tav go hiding

That’s just utter pish

He’s deserved criticism past two games for being poor but tonight he was ok along with Sterling

The reason we failed to win was because we had a powderpuff midfield and 2 of our front 3, Roofe and Silva, utterly useless and were replaced with Matondo and Dessers, also equally as useless

Lundstram, Lawrence both played like they were playing in an over 45’s game. Barely got above jogging level all game

His legend statues is doon the pan after this for me.
Never was a legend ... a fraud... gutless loser
Sorry but at no point does Tav go hiding

That’s just utter pish

He’s deserved criticism past two games for being poor but tonight he was ok along with Sterling

The reason we failed to win was because we had a powderpuff midfield and 2 of our front 3, Roofe and Silva, utterly useless and were replaced with Matondo and Dessers, also equally as useless

Lundstram, Lawrence both played like they were playing in an over 45’s game. Barely got above jogging level all game
He's a fraud....loser ... never a captain... continually makes mistakes in big games ... positionally he's shocking can't defend....

He’s a loser, no matter the goals and assists he contributes.

He’ll be looked back upon as captain failure.

That's still not the point.

We are a one man team and have been all season. That man is him. And now he's out of form.

And he will only be looked back on as that by simpletons mate. Idiots even. People who think football isn't a team game and who blame a right back every time we don't win.

Weirdos.

If you think the opinons on here are just because of tonight, you are deluded.

The league campaign was going to plan until our captain failed to keep his focus just 22 seconds in to the biggest OF for years.

He's failed as a leader for seasons now.

He's on his 7th Rangers manager. I fear he could be onto his 8th before long.
Again %^*& right off with this simplistic 10 year old fuckwittery.

When the going gets tough

Tav gets hiding.
Utter nonsense. Plenty of examples of him stepping up when needed.

All the players are looking like shells of themselves right now but every time a bad result happens throwing Tav under the bus is pathetic.

Singled out because he is captain but people over estimate the effect an armband has in the modern game

So you're only counting his positives and not bothering with all his negatives?

No. Anyone who thinks we'd have more points this season without Tav is a bit mental to be quite honest.

He's a right back and he's our top scorer ffs. He's scored 6 more goals than our entire midfield.

He's out of form hugely. But Jesus we've got a team full of guys contributing nothing but strange people instantly blame one guy no matter what.

No. Anyone who thinks we'd have more points this season without Tav is a bit mental to be quite honest.

He's a right back and he's our top scorer ffs. He's scored 6 more goals than our entire midfield.

He's out of form hugely. But Jesus we've got a team full of guys contributing nothing but strange people instantly blame one guy no matter what.
Im not solely blaming him mate. I'm including him in those who's time is up.

No mate. You don't get it.

He is the one man who regularly contributes for us.

Some folk are just weird.
It was the captain himself who said “Whenever anybody puts a bit of pressure on us in Scotland or gets in our face it seems to affect us too much”

‘At the start of the season teams dropped of us and we were scoring four or five goals, but now they smell blood straight away and put us under pressure.’

‘We are not good enough domestically to react to that’

That’s a guy who’s meant to be a leader. Some things never change.

So another game where it gets pinned on a right back?

Nothing about the guys in midfield or attack who created the square root of %^*& all?

Well no, they’ll all have their own threads.

This one is for the abysmal Tav and posters who are fed up defending the indefensible.

I don’t agree with the level of criticism levied at Tavernier but to suggest he hides is way over the top.
Yeah he certainly doesn’t hide to his credit, he just makes mistakes which causes goals and struggles to find a Rangers jersey when the going gets rough.

Tav has his faults however when things go wrong the countless occasions Tav has came up with a big moment for us is ignored.

Focus should be on our totally inept midfield and forward line and the lack of urgency and cohesion we have in these areas. We need more than one player to come up with a big moment for us when needed.

So our last two games have been Tav's fault?

Really interesting take that.

So going 1-0 down after a minute means he cost the game? Another interesting take.

Like I said, sober up.
Not very intelligent, replying by laughing and not commenting.
You can see the majority have the same opinion as myself.
As I say, embarrassing.

It was the captain himself who said “Whenever anybody puts a bit of pressure on us in Scotland or gets in our face it seems to affect us too much”

‘At the start of the season teams dropped of us and we were scoring four or five goals, but now they smell blood straight away and put us under pressure.’

‘We are not good enough domestically to react to that’

That’s a guy who’s meant to be a leader. Some things never change.

But wasn't he getting stick a few days ago for simply saying we will learn from this.

Some folk just dislike Tav. Always have. They should just be honest.

Because blaming the one guy who actually contributes regularly for us, whether his time is up or not, is quite simple and becoming a bit of an obsession for some.

Like in what way is that on him tonight? Literally not in the slightest if you watch the game. But it's EVERY time we don't win. Yet without him we'd have won much less this year with a midfield and forward line filled with carthorses who do nothing.

Folk like Cantwell thump the badge etc yet walk around producing zero when it matters. Nothing.

Year after year we seem to need a clear out. Maybe the biggest one is needed now.
I’ve had nothing but admiration for our captain for years, but I feel his time at the club is over. Same applies to Goldson and Lundstram. We need new blood and new direction.

The vast majority of people just can’t be fucked by it anymore

This will reflect in how the crowd react to this side at Ibrox between now and the end of the season

Toxic, apathy and empty seats galore awaits

This lot still have at least one more leathering from Celtic in them as well.

Year after year we seem to need a clear out. Maybe the biggest one is needed now.
I’ve had nothing but admiration for our captain for years, but I feel his time at the club is over. Same applies to Goldson and Lundstram. We need new blood and new direction.

See this type of post is a more measured and realistic critique of Tav. Not the hyperbolic weird nonsense people throw at him like he hides or trying to blame him for any and every bump in the road ignoring 9 years of terrible team mates.

Folk should go and have a listen to Kris Boyd’s summary after the game.
James Tavernier has dug Rangers out of holes far too often. He’s not won as many trophies as he should but his personal record is up there with the best of them. The issue is Rangers relying on a right back to dig them out of holes time and again. When he does it’s all “Captain Tav” and sucking up his arse. And then when he does do it it’s all his fault.

If we had a midfield and attack that contributed goals we wouldn’t be relying on a right back. If we had a style of play or any kind of intensity to our play we wouldn’t be relying on a right back.

But wasn't he getting stick a few days ago for simply saying we will learn from this.

Because blaming the one guy who actually contributes regularly for us, whether his time is up or not, is quite simple and becoming a bit of an obsession for some.

Like in what way is that on him tonight? Literally not in the slightest if you watch the game. But it's EVERY time we don't win. Yet without him we'd have won much less this year with a midfield and forward line filled with carthorses who do nothing.

Folk like Cantwell thump the badge etc yet walk around producing zero when it matters. Nothing.
The whole squad is full of wasters there’s no denying it.

The main point is Tav has been the mainstay for 8 years now and has been a failure with the team throughout that time. Barring 1 season.

That dirt don’t have one player that matches Tav in stats etc., but what they have is a squad who know how to get the job done. I’d take a squad of winners over Tav everyday.

But as long as Tav keeps scoring and assisting each losing season, you’ll be happy.

I'm in that category and won't pretend different, same with Goldson.

No 2 players have cost us more.

The main point is Tav has been the mainstay for 8 years now and has been a failure with the team throughout that time. Barring 1 season.

That dirt don’t have one player that matches Tav in stats etc., but what they have is a squad who know how to get the job done. I’d take a squad of winners over Tav everyday.

But as long as Tav keeps scoring and assisting each losing season, you’ll be happy.
Here’s a weird idea, i’m surprised no one’s thought of it actually.

How about we get a squad of winners and add them to Tavs goals and assists?
Jesus, did I just win a Nobel prize?

Folk should go and have a listen to Kris Boyd’s summary after the game.
James Tavernier has dug Rangers out of holes far too often. He’s not won as many trophies as he should but his personal record is up there with the best of them. The issue is Rangers relying on a right back to dig them out of holes time and again. When he does it’s all “Captain Tav” and sucking up his arse. And then when he does do it it’s all his fault.

If we had a midfield and attack that contributed goals we wouldn’t be relying on a right back. If we had a style of play or any kind of intensity to our play we wouldn’t be relying on a right back.

It’s reached a stage it’s time to find out if something else works

it’s just an unhealthy relationship for both sides now and likely only going to get worse

Here’s a weird idea, i’m surprised no one’s thought of it actually.

How about we get a squad of winners and add them to Tavs goals and assists?
Jesus, did I just win a Nobel prize?
As discussed on another thread, the “senior leadership group” are losers and it seeps through into the squad. It’s all down to mentality, especially at this end of the season.

In what way am I happy? I couldn't give 2 f*cks about any players personal records..I care about Rangers winning.

Recognising that Tav actually contributes while guys who are supposed to, don't, and defending him for that against simpletons who think football teams are down to one man who is a right back, is a far way from being happy he is breaking record while we win not a lot.

There's a long line of then who are failing the club long before James Tavernier.

Been at Rangers long enough, time for him to move on. We’ve had very little success over the last few years, time to try something different.

As discussed on another thread, the “senior leadership group” are losers and it seeps through into the squad. It’s all down to mentality, especially at this end of the season.
Isn’t that easily rectified by the manager bringing in his own “leaders” and winners?

We lost guys like McGregor and Davis from the dressing room and didn’t replace them.
Our recruitment has been a bin fire for the past 5 years to be honest. It seems each window we downgrade with an expensive flop or two.

Get him, goldson, lundstram and co to fuk.

Stealing a wage.

We supporters dont deserve this.

No doubt tav will still be here giving same soundbites when next gaffer arrives.
I’d rather give up watching us than listen to the bumbling cabbage again. His complete lack of ability to use words correctly in interviews rivalled only by his lack of desire on the pitch. A charlatan.

Back