Tav will see another manager out the door.

So another game where it gets pinned on a right back?

Nothing about the guys in midfield or attack who created the square root of %^*& all?
I don’t think it’s his performance on its own that’s getting the criticism but he does some up a lot of what has been wrong with our squad for years.

I think I’d like to see the player kept but, perhaps a change of captain will help both player and club.
i said that ages ago but do think it couldnt happen anymore, im not sure how it would work

i dont mind tav, hes played in some real awful rangers squads in his time here and his numbers are great for a right back, if he could defend better he wouldnt be at rangers with how good he has been attacking wise

as a penalty taker whenever he steps up its pretty nailed on its gonna go in for the most part and he has stepped up a ton of times, if he wasnt captain a lot more people would probably like him tbh for what he brings, but a load of us on here grew up in the 80s/90s/00s etc where we are just used to having a captain that will pick you up by the scruff of the neck and we admired that for the longest time as its something you can get behind

I understand im in my 40s and the game has changed tho, and im trying to adapt.. but i loved those captains we had that would drive folk forward or get in their ear, i've just never enjoyed tav as a captain sorry

I think I’d like to see the player kept but, perhaps a change of captain will help both player and club.
I’m really not sure I want that either. Squad player at best for me but rather we got a few million for me.

10-15 outfield goals a season is not a lot to replace spread across a better quality of midfielder / forward.

And in turn a right back who can defend would suit me a lot better.

Tavernier is a squad player, at best?
Yes. If he is here next season I hope it’s not as captain and certainly not as a 100% starter every week.

For what it’s worth I don’t think he is the problem for the last two games but he is part of the overall problem for me season upon season.

Give me a right back that can focus and stay switched on to defend over one that has great personal stats.

If we can’t get rid of him and find someone who will pay money and take on a player coming up for 33 and on £30,000 a week then I hope there is another right back (Stelring or another) challenging him for his place next season.

Get him, goldson, lundstram and co to fuk.

Stealing a wage.

We supporters dont deserve this.

No doubt tav will still be here giving same soundbites when next gaffer arrives.
It's true. I can't take that level of wankness so soon again. It's like every thing you didn't want happening tenfold. Enough is enough. Get the pampered half arsed players out. If ye can't learn after 8 year then ye can't. I can't invest in a team who don't return the basics.

Sais it all how we see ourselves that we've put him in the HOF. The club sees itself as second best and that's where we'll stay. This isn't rebuilding anymore after 2012. It's who we've become.

Yes. If he is here next season I hope it’s not as captain and certainly not as a 100% starter every week.

For what it’s worth I don’t think he is the problem for the last two games but he is part of the overall problem for me season upon season.

Give me a right back that can focus and stay switched on to defend over one that has great personal stats.

If we can’t get rid of him and find someone who will pay money and take on a player coming up for 33 and on £30,000 a week then I hope there is another right back (Stelring or another) challenging him for his place next season.

You know that just isn't how we play though right?

Gio tried to play a flat back 4 and got slaughtered for it.

At Rangers and in Scotland we need to play with attacking fullbacks.

You know that just isn't how we play though right?

Gio tried to play a flat back 4 and got slaughtered for it.

At Rangers and in Scotland we need to play with attacking fullbacks.
Yes I know that isn’t how we play currently but the fact we have 3 trophies in nearly 9 years tells me we maybe should be looking at alternatives.

Yes I know that isn’t how we play currently but the fact we have 3 trophies in nearly 9 years tells me we maybe should be looking at alternatives.

What's the solution when you play against teams who camp on the edge of their own box? You can't tell your fullbacks to stay back just in case.

What's the solution when you play against teams who camp on the edge of their own box? You can't tell your fullbacks to stay back just in case.
No one has said that. I’ve said I would like a right back that’s not Tavernier next season and can defend better. I’m not expecting us to play with 4 defenders playing in a straight line.

The only two players I’d be happy to see starting in a Rangers jersey next season would be Butland and Sterling which I know is unfortunately not going to happen.

The 2 of them should be stripped of the captaincy now… it’s too big for tavernier and goldson. Give it to Borland or souttar til the end of the season then sort it properly.

what annoys me most is tav clapping the fans at the end of the match, if he knows the performance hasnt been good enough should be a walk straight down the tunnel.

Not many lessons learned from Sunday

Another embarrassing performance last night

Zero fight and commitment from that team again

No bookings in 2 must win games and we get 1 point from 6 available

After Sunday it was 6 must win games to win the league and we showed very little fight or heart last night

Tav and other senior players like Goldson Barisic Lundstram have continually let us down and we need to move them on in summer and no way should we offer Lundstram a new deal and I’m glad Barisic is away too

Tav has been a good servant to the club.

As for the legend thing, no true Rangers legend can oversee the failures he has coupled with the most successful period in Scottish football history for our biggest rivals.

He’s captain of a team that’s been the mentally challengeds bitch for years.

We need to move him and the rest on. They have had enough chances, and the culture around our dressing room is rotten. Clement needs to be give full power to clear the decks - he will be out of a job this time next year if he doesn’t.

Tav has been a good servant to the club.

As for the legend thing, no true Rangers legend can oversee the failures he has coupled with the most successful period in Scottish football history for our biggest rivals.

He’s captain of a team that’s been the mentally challengeds bitch for years.
Tom Boyd won more than him and he was skelped about by us for years.

Tavernier is a huge part of the problem.

No..I'm saying without Tav we'd be miles worse off than the sh1tshow we are already seeing as, when he doesn't dig us out a hole, no one else does. Without him doing that this year we'd be even further behind.

That's it. Not happy being second. Nothing like that. A daming indictment on the team. We are essentially a one man team. And thay man is even out of form.
It’s people like you who are the problem, yous are the reason more new signing will walk into this losing mentality in the sumemr and it will be rinse and repeat! Blame new signings, sack manager in October start again! First sign of title race we bottle it again! Forget all the captain stuff, we literally give a right back a free role, he doesn’t play inverted full back he gets a bloody free role! Needs covered by Goldson, needs covered by midfielders, an time we play with a proper attacker at right wing we get battered down tavs side as he needs a baby sitter even going way back to the candeias days! Open your bloody eyes he’s part of problem not part of the solution! Get him gone now or he will get hounded out the club and that’s not what we want!

Last edited:
All my mates are Rangers fans and the ones who go to the games have had enough of him now.
On here a lot of fans are very vocal about getting him and Goldson out at the end of the season.
We won't move forward until they are gone.

Fair play to you for explaining that.

There are people who post on here and it does leave you wondering if they ever actually speak about Rangers to anyone in every day to day life.

These players as a group, but in particular the leaders have now for about the 4th time just this season, let alone other seasons basically had fans remain to the end of a game with no other reason than to want to vent their frustrations at them.

I think a few on here are in for a bit of a shock when they see how toxic and how many empty seats are kicking about for our last few home games.

If we get a doing at Parkhead, the Dundee game at Ibrox is probably going to say a lot more than any post on here has the last few weeks

Back