Tav

Making a lot of us eat humble pie this season, myself included. He’s probably the one player I’d be worried about losing for a prolonged period of time at the moment as I think we have sufficient cover in most positions. I would’ve said the opposite towards the premature end of last season! Well played Captain.

He wouldn’t have been my first pick to go on penalties but fair play he’s shut me up and dispatched them like an absolute pro. Total respect for having the stones to go back on them.

He should never have been taken off them.

His record is immense.

The League cup final last season still haunts me.. If Tav takes that penalty we lift the cup.

He's now showing real leadership qualities to add to his overall quality of performance.
His confidence seems sky high just now and no wonder.

His record is immense.

The League cup final last season still haunts me.. If Tav takes that penalty we lift the cup.
Folk around me were screaming for him to give the ball to Morelos! Have to admit, thought he done the right thing at the time

Leading by example in every game.

Exactly as a true captain does.

Been one of his biggest critics.

Happy to eat humble pie. Fair play to him, playing like a captain this season. Defending very well, which is the most pleasing thing for me.

Keep it going Tav.

And he will miss penalties again, maybe even 2 in a row, but he should still be our spot kick taker

I don’t think taking him off them at that time was a bad move. You could see he lost his confidence and bottle from the way he hit them. Maybe all it took was time off them to let that go and get it back again. Either way he’s doing a cracking job now.

I have been critical in the past but he has been exceptional this season.

His record is immense.

It must’ve been a fifty-fifty split, before the cup final, between whether Tavernier should or shouldn’t take the next penalty.
After the cup final, it was 90/10 that he should’ve took it.
I wanted him to take it but knew he couldn’t.

I don’t care what anyone says, Tav is a proper Rangers captain.
Cometh the hour cometh the Tav. He carry’s out his duties exemplary and is a popular guy by all accounts. You don’t need to shout and bawl to get the message across, I’m sure he has a goal keeper that does that side of their duties for them.

as you say a proper Captain

Having a phenomenal start to the season, hope he keeps it up as on his game he's a massive asset. He's worked his balls off for years now and deserves what I think he could have coming to him this season.

Player of the year so far for me.

Imagine winning the league, Tav lifting the title and also being crowned player of the year.

Some folk in here would have a stroke.

Back