Tavernier getting missiles thrown at him

Hopefully Tav/Rangers do what they did and make a deal of it, report to police. They'll get DNA off a grinder no problem and that area has plenty CCTV coverage. Should be easy enough to identify Juan Ghuy this time.

You've missed my point. The post was about how quickly it was brushed over on commentary. Absolute silence. When it's the other way it's banged on about for days to come
No point debating with this one mate, wants to punt Rangers fans out the Broomloan for away tickets and stuff like the hanging effigies and vile songs they sing are just banter and we need thicker skin

Sky's commentary I think was a clean feed for all broadcasters taking the game

Yes they could mentioned it but there no in game voice promotion of the midweek games/final day just a caption

Hopefully Tav/Rangers do what they did and make a deal of it, report to police. They'll get DNA off a grinder no problem and that area has plenty CCTV coverage. Should be easy enough to identify Juan Ghuy this time.
DNA? For something thrown at a game? I love your optimism on the competency of police :)) Scotland.

Ned behaviour that.
Also noticed how close some of that lot were when he was taking corner kicks.
Practically standing right next to him screaming their wee 19th Century Terrorist faces aff.
Hounds the lot of them.

DNA? For something thrown at a game? I love your optimism on the competency of police :)) Scotland.
The problem wouldn't be the police or putting it into their DNA analysis backlog, it'd be the club or Tav reporting it and the media picking it up, which puts the scrutiny on it in the first place. If we don't, nothing will happen.

Sky's commentary I think was a clean feed for all broadcasters taking the game

Yes they could mentioned it but there no in game voice promotion of the midweek games/final day just a caption

Thanks for clearing that up.

We need the board to be making a massive fuss over this but all the press will say is that it's sour grapes from the losers at Ibrox.

And when did referee's ever just throw it back on the side of the pitch.they usually hand it over to the police or 4th official
Exactly.
When the target of such missiles, a team captain, hands the ref articles that have been thrown onto the pitch ... and it just gets thrown away ???
Certainly worthy of some Rangers feedback you'd think.

Indeed, even as Collum tossed the items over the touchline, more and more missiles rained down over that entire corner.
Does the ref not have some duty of care to protect players in circumstances like that?
Shame that Tav didn't put his hand up to the back of his head (as many many others would have done) -- he almost certainly did get struck. It would have been difficult not to have been.

We have fans who do exactly the same, get over it, who cares.
Settle. We've had fans with waves upon waves of missiles and nothing has been said bar a paragraph. They've had a few missiles by our fans and it's been in the news for weeks. Twitter for months, tagging journalists..

They know what they're doing, I don't like it but that is what they do.

Back