Tavernier needs moved on

TJ72

We cannot go into next season with him as an ever-present yet again. It is beyond a joke this guy plays practically every minute for us season after season and is part of such disappointment.

Big changes are needed and Clement needs to gut this squad, starting with the supposed “leadership group” (Tavernier, Goldson, Lundstram).

Last edited:
This window will show what the manager is all about if he wants to win trophies he needs to move him on. He has been very important to us and we will probably miss him in some way but overall he costs us time and time again.
Today was up there with one of his worse performances I have seen, he has just been as bad offensively recently also let’s not forget that.

It's unfortunate but he's reached the stage Barisic did a couple of years ago. The pace is gone and you're left with a player who's a shell of himself.

He doesn't drive forward on the ball like he used to so more and more of his influence on games is strictly coming from set pieces. You could forgive the poor defending when he was bombing up and down the wing, driving us forward because he was even more important to how we played than his goals and assists showed. You can't when he's giving us this.

People can debate whether what he offers going forward makes up for how poor he is defensively but it makes no difference now, his legs are gone and he needs to be moved on in the summer.

Worst player on the pitch today

I keep looking at an influential, key player who’s captain at Celtic then look at what we’ve got and it almost brings me to tears. He can’t be captain next season and he can’t be our right back. In reality there isn’t a spot for him but he’ll no doubt get shoe horned into some created spot for him.

Beginning to question how unthinkable is it that he pulls a Sir Alex/Jim Leighton for next week's final.

Tavernier looks shots to bits physically and mentally.

We all know he won't do it but I don't believe the idea of dropping Tav and playing Sterling at RB next week hasn't crossed Clement's mind even for a split second.

Didn’t all of the game but he looked poor last 20 mins

Allows winger to get past him too easy for Hearts 2nd goal then caught on ball by Boyce as he wasn’t focused

Lately he’s not been good enough as a 1st pick

After CF we need to actively encourage bids for him

We need a total clearout in the summer

Back