Tavernier needs moved on

Yeah but have you ever noticed if you click on “bear pit” at the top of the page it takes you to a whole range of threads? It’s crazy, there’s other threads on the forum, a lot of them blame other players for the way things have gone, some even blame the board and coaching staff, they’re not all about Tavernier, you’ll find people on this thread are also present in those other threads and blaming other players too. You should give them a read.

And stop telling everyone that they’re strange for wanting change, you call yourself Ozbear and you don’t even live there ffs B-D
You like to laugh at your own jokes you have no idea where I live, yes thanks for telling me the obvious how the forum work regarding threads are you admin?, like I said you are one strange individual.

We need to stop the sentimentality of our players because they had one two good seasons a few years ago. We got our fingers burnt with the likes of Kent and Morelos who both effectively stopped playing near the end, now we have Tav who has given us all some of the greatest highs of our lives, however he is simply no longer performing. he needs moved on and we need to look forward not back.

You like to laugh at your own jokes you have no idea where I live, yes thanks for telling me the obvious how the forum work regarding threads are you admin?, like I said you are one strange individual.
Go chill out in the sun with a beer mate ffs, you must have about a quarter of the posts in this thread.

I don’t have to and I don’t want to know either, but you literally just told me you don’t live in Oz. Fucks sake, and you think we’re strange haha

Looked like he'd chucked it. Players going past him with no effort at all.
Or he’s physically shot? Played near enough every game since Gerrard came in and has been tasked with playing a very physically demanding role, asked to get up and down the park for 90 minutes, playing 2 games a week. Aging happens to us all

Many things we can criticise Tav for, I don’t think downing tools is one of them.

I don’t have to and I don’t want to know either, but you literally just told me you don’t live in Oz. Fucks sake, and you think we’re strange.
No I didn't tell you where I lived, which doesn't matter anyhow , the only person that is coming across is strange is you nobody else don't know why you said "We"

Strange words not really, football is a team game blaming one player for everything is strange.
You mentioned Tav hating. I doubt anyone feels that way about the man. That’s the reason I said strong words.
My point is that players should have been moved on at the right time. No manager should have the authority to state to the board that he doesn’t want players sold. Apparently that’s what Gerrard wanted and a weak board thought the sun shone out of his arse. And then he moved on to smaller and weaker things.
I blame the board (and previous) 100% for the shite state of affairs we’re in now. I stated on a previous post a few days ago that if an opinion is not liked on here then you get hammered.
We’re about to lose our status to the scum trophy wise. Something that us older bears could never had imagined.
If this board turns it around then I’ll hold my hands up and say I was wrong.
Unfortunately on here we have certain people that are blind to the fact of what’s actually happening. They claim that some of the board are good guys because they’ve sat in their company. Utter bollocks.
We have others that think because they have a position and people like me have a different opinion then the easy way is to try and make a fool of you on here then get rid.
What happens, happens.
I’ve been all over with my club. Anywhere that our club has been then I’ve been there (even through the dark days). There comes a time where you sit back and think wtf is going on.
I’m extreme. Fck EH. Fck the women’s team and fck the B team that creates nothing, and if it does then they leave on a free anyway.
We’ve had a Rangers board for far too long now that thinks the dignified silence pish is the way forward. And when they speak up they only make an arse of themselves.
Tired of it. Tired of watching the filth getting away with murder.
You might laugh but we are in danger of losing a generation of support.
Incoming!

You mentioned Tav hating. I doubt anyone feels that way about the man. That’s the reason I said strong words.
My point is that players should have been moved on at the right time. No manager should have the authority to state to the board that he doesn’t want players sold. Apparently that’s what Gerrard wanted and a weak board thought the sun shone out of his arse. And then he moved on to smaller and weaker things.
I blame the board (and previous) 100% for the shite state of affairs we’re in now. I stated on a previous post a few days ago that if an opinion is not liked on here then you get hammered.
We’re about to lose our status to the scum trophy wise. Something that us older bears could never had imagined.
If this board turns it around then I’ll hold my hands up and say I was wrong.
Unfortunately on here we have certain people that are blind to the fact of what’s actually happening. They claim that some of the board are good guys because they’ve sat in their company. Utter bollocks.
We have others that think because they have a position and people like me have a different opinion then the easy way is to try and make a fool of you on here then get rid.
What happens, happens.
I’ve been all over with my club. Anywhere that our club has been then I’ve been there (even through the dark days). There comes a time where you sit back and think wtf is going on.
I’m extreme. Fck EH. Fck the women’s team and fck the B team that creates nothing, and if it does then they leave on a free anyway.
We’ve had a Rangers board for far too long now that thinks the dignified silence pish is the way forward. And when they speak up they only make an arse of themselves.
Tired of it. Tired of watching the filth getting away with murder.
You might laugh but we are in danger of losing a generation of support.
Incoming!
Every Rangers fan is pissed off at moment, watching the filth lift every trophy is sickening but a section on here blaming a guy that cost less than a half a million from wigan years ago for everything is not right For his own good and going forward for everybody maybe it's time for a parting off the ways.

No I didn't tell you where I lived, which doesn't matter anyhow , the only person that is coming across is strange is you nobody else don't know why you said "We"
I think a close reading exercise might be in order friend, because I literally said I don’t know and don’t care where you live, but whenever it is it’s obviously happy hour

Post in thread 'Tavernier needs moved on'
https://www.followfollow.com/forum/threads/tavernier-needs-moved-on.273359/post-16443795

Why not try Tav wide right in a 5 man midfield. Take the pressure off him defensively but play to his attacking strengths. Surely worth a try as we all know if he plays RB against Maeda next week he will struggle.

Whether the captain is wanted by Clement next season or not, for me he has to ask away.
He must know himself he's not getting any younger, or any better. He must know he isn't leading us to trophies.
And he must know that for as long as he stays, and for as long as we aren't winning, he will be the one who gets the abuse and the blame from an ever growing amount of the support whether he is actually to blame or not. No idea why he would want to take that for another year.
Clement should be looking to move him on anyway, but Tavernier should make it easier by telling the manager he knows it's time to go.
Ideally, he will leave after lifting the Scottish Cup for the second time, although I don't hold out much hope of that.

For a player that never hides plays nearly every game is rarely injured unlike the rest and has been a loyal servant. The stick he gets is absolutely unbelievable. Tav is not the reason we have not won as many trophies as we should be winning. WE as a team have not been good enough. Do you honestly all believe if he hadn’t played this last 10 year we would have won more trophies.

He will never recover from the Maeda goal the last 6 weeks was his time to cement his all time legend status and he was regressed at an alarming rate. For me he's done and he must be moved on asap.

Whether the captain is wanted by Clement next season or not, for me he has to ask away.
He must know himself he's not getting any younger, or any better. He must know he isn't leading us to trophies.
And he must know that for as long as he stays, and for as long as we aren't winning, he will be the one who gets the abuse and the blame from an ever growing amount of the support whether he is actually to blame or not. No idea why he would want to take that for another year.
Clement should be looking to move him on anyway, but Tavernier should make it easier by telling the manager he knows it's time to go.
Ideally, he will leave after lifting the Scottish Cup for the second time, although I don't hold out much hope if that.
Why should he do that, If the Manager wants him to stay and Tav wants him to stay, because people will give him abuse part of a being a Rangers player.

Ideally, he will leave after lifting the Scottish Cup for the second time, although I don't hold out much hope if that.

So the boo boys should determine our future?

Nobody sensible would suggest Tav can't play in an improved team.

But but but goals apparently. Truth is he’s scored 8 non penalty goals all season (from memory). I would think he’s been at fault for 8 goals in the last 6 weeks.

It’s boring now. Serial loser.
8 non penalty goals and 11 assists from right back? Fking good numbers by anyone's standards. Use him further fwd. Seems mental to write off that goal contribution without at least trying to use him differently.

For a player that never hides plays nearly every game is rarely injured unlike the rest and has been a loyal servant. The stick he gets is absolutely unbelievable. Tav is not the reason we have not won as many trophies as we should be winning. WE as a team have not been good enough. Do you honestly all believe if he hadn’t played this last 10 year we would have won more trophies.
Spot on mate the abuse he gets on here it's disgraceful.

No not at all, when he scores the winner next week at least I will be cheering.
Thanks, when Tav scores the winner next week try and not be to disappointed.

Are you seriously suggesting that if he scored the winner next week some would be disappointed?

I never get this pov to be honest

Hope he scores 6 next week but his time is up, hoping he scores a winner against them and thinking his time is up doesn’t need to be 2 opposing views

His time is up in my opinion, the amount of times he has been well beat on his side this season and various other mistakes he has made is unacceptable.

He looks utterly terrified of Maeda when we play them and he always seems to get the better of him. this is the same though with any players with power and a bit of pace.

I wish him the best, but the time has come for him to leave. Lets get a right back that can actually defend.

but, but, his goals ? . We shouldn't be relying on a right back to score goals for us. Lets get a couple of decent strikers that can put them away and a right back that can defend as it should be.

Why should he do that, If the Manager wants him to stay and Tav wants him to stay, because people will give him abuse part of a being a Rangers player.
I wouldn't stay in a job where I felt unappreciated, and felt like a scapegoat. He must read the constant abuse he gets from our support, surely anyone would wonder if it's worth it another year.
I personally think he is on a downward slope as a player now and the club should be looking to move him on. But even if that's not the case, on a human level I can't see why he would want to stay and keep getting the blame every time anything goes wrong.

Tav and Goldson have been excellent for us over the piece. I’d only be keeping them as backups ( although think Goldson is more physically able than JT).

Lets just not play a player that weakens us.
Is it not worth trying to play Tav in a different position to utilise his attacking strengths. His goals and assists are off the scale. We need to use him and try something different next Saturday as our options are limited.

As a player and a RB, his numbers are unbelievable, however for me the massive question mark which will hang over him whilst with us is his achievements as captain. It’s well documented that he has amassed NINE wins in 35 against that mob. I’m sorry but none of his predecessing captains would have allowed that to happen. Tavernier just doesn’t inspire me or display the traits of those before him and that filters through the team. His mentality is very poor, emphasised repeatedly in his press conferences before old firm games…..he looks terrified. If PC is alluding to the team reaching the end of a cycle with massive changes, his first job for me would be to remove the armband from Tav, and poor down a marker in the process. This continued year after year of rebuilding has to stop, cos I can’t put up with this mob strolling from title to title with teams that Walter Smith would have wiped the floor with.

I wouldn't stay in a job where I felt unappreciated, and felt like a scapegoat. He must read the constant abuse he gets from our support, surely anyone would wonder if it's worth it another year.
I personally think he is on a downward slope as a player now and the club should be looking to move him on. But even if that's not the case, on a human level I can't see why he would want to stay and keep getting the blame every time anything goes wrong.
I understand but he is a big boy, abuse from fans will always be there as long as we are not winning.

Back