Tavernier needs moved on

Is it not worth trying to play Tav in a different position to utilise his attacking strengths. His goals and assists are off the scale. We need to use him and try something different next Saturday as our options are limited.

I don't think it's about another position.

He looks absolutely done mentally and physically right now.

The idea of Maeda haring after him for 90 minutes doesn't bear thinking about.

He’s been great for us over the period but he’s a massive part of a failing squad. It needs culled and he should be part of it, at the very least the captaincy needs removed from him to set an example.

As a player and a RB, his numbers are unbelievable, however for me the massive question mark which will hang over him whilst with us is his achievements as captain. It’s well documented that he has amassed NINE wins in 35 against that mob. I’m sorry but none of his predecessing captains would have allowed that to happen. Tavernier just doesn’t inspire me or display the traits of those before him and that filters through the team. His mentality is very poor, emphasised repeatedly in his press conferences before old firm games…..he looks terrified. If PC is alluding to the team reaching the end of a cycle with massive changes, his first job for me would be to remove the armband from Tav, and poor down a marker in the process. This continued year after year of rebuilding has to stop, cos I can’t put up with this mob strolling from title to title with teams that Walter Smith would have wiped the floor with.
So you honestly believe if it was another right back instead of tav we would have won more games and trophies?

Tav’s biggest fault is that he tries to force the game by running around trying to play all the positions of his team mates that he does not trust.
With better players around him, he will shine.

Saying that, if we get a decent offer, it might be the right time for both parties to part ways. He is a lot better than most give him credit for.

Is it not worth trying to play Tav in a different position to utilise his attacking strengths. His goals and assists are off the scale. We need to use him and try something different next Saturday as our options are limited.
I'm sorry but its not. If Tavernier was in a position to be more influential in midfield it would of been done a long time ago. Sterling prefers the more defensive side of the game but its telling that Clement prefers him in midfield rather than Tav.

I don't think it's about another position.

He looks absolutely done mentally and physically right now.

The idea of Maeda haring after him for 90 minutes doesn't bear thinking about.

It's also a huge headache for Clement. Everybody knows Maeda will be on Tavernier from the first whistle so he has to show he's savvy enough to come up with a solution.

Another chasing for 90 minutes with no discernible plan in place and people will rightly be questioning not only the player, but why the manager allowed such an obvious situation to transpire.

It seems Gerrard has been persisting with a young lad at right back this season so it wouldn't surprise me if he's had a look. For everybody's sake let's hope he has.

Reactions: SDF
Tav’s biggest fault is that he tries to force the game by running around trying to play all the positions of his team mates that he does not trust.
With better players around him, he will shine.

Saying that, if we get a decent offer, it might be the right time for both parties to part ways. He is a lot better than most give him credit for.

That his excuse for being a poor defender?

What about the midfield? We need sterling in there to occupy either oriielly or mcgregor.
I'd agree but when was the last time Clement played Sterling there though mate . Can't remember the last time Sterling started at RB either

I'd agree but when was the last time Clement played Sterling there though mate . Can't remember the last time Sterling started at RB either
I think sterling has started one game at right back against Morton, our best period of the season was when he was in our midfield so %^*& knows why clement moved him.

It's also a huge headache for Clement. Everybody knows Maeda will be on Tavernier from the first whistle so he has to show he's savvy enough to come up with a solution.

Another chasing for 90 minutes with no discernible plan in place and people will rightly be questioning not only the player, but why the manager allowed such an obvious situation to transpire.

It seems Gerrard has been persisting with a young lad at right back this season so it wouldn't surprise me if he's had a look. For everybody's sake let's hope he has.

Especially if Sterling ends up at CB if Souttar and Balogun don't make it.

Asking an awful lot of McCausland physically as well if he plays right wing..

I think sterling has started one game at right back against Morton, our best period of the season was when he was in our midfield so %^*& knows why clement moved him.
I think the obvious move is Sterling into midfield, especially on the big Hampden pitch against the scums midfield.

As a player and a RB, his numbers are unbelievable, however for me the massive question mark which will hang over him whilst with us is his achievements as captain. It’s well documented that he has amassed NINE wins in 35 against that mob. I’m sorry but none of his predecessing captains would have allowed that to happen. Tavernier just doesn’t inspire me or display the traits of those before him and that filters through the team. His mentality is very poor, emphasised repeatedly in his press conferences before old firm games…..he looks terrified. If PC is alluding to the team reaching the end of a cycle with massive changes, his first job for me would be to remove the armband from Tav, and poor down a marker in the process. This continued year after year of rebuilding has to stop, cos I can’t put up with this mob strolling from title to title with teams that Walter Smith would have wiped the floor with.
Any of his predecessors would have had the exact same record and trophy haul he has.

You can't motivate Kiernan, Goss, Holt, Matondo, Sands, Lammers, Wright or any of the many, many players we've had in the last few years into better footballers. I don't give a %^*& how inspirational you are.

The reason celtic have been hoovering up all the trophies for years has nothing to do with mentality. It's because they have had better players than us.

You mentioned Walter Smith. When he replaced Le Guen, he "turned it around" by spending nearly £40m on players in two seasons.

What has struck me recently is how immobile he looks now.

His ability to get forward at will and quickly made up for his defensive shortcomings. Bit without that, he’s not the same player.

I’ve honestly had it up to my neck with him. Players are literally walking past him now, it must be brilliant playing against him. Please get him out.
But his numbers are amazing blah blah blah and he should have a testimonial year for the Tav FC fans to celebrate his personal honours, and you don't understand the modern day fullback.....fkn sick of it all

Clement should play Sterling at RB on Saturday.
What he does with the Captain I frankly don't care.
The Saviliers will be rubbing their hands with glee if they see Tavenier at RB.
It won't happen though and that is why will lose.
100% agree. Get him dropped.

I absolutely love Tav, I have done for many years, he's a club legend and rightly deserves to be in the HoF, however, he looks (right now) a very pale shadow of himself, if his previous form can't be re-invented, then we need to seriously think about what we are doing with him. It absolutely pains me to say it, I'm not a happy clapper either, but when your time is up, your time is up.

Beginning to question how unthinkable is it that he pulls a Sir Alex/Jim Leighton for next week's final.

Tavernier looks shots to bits physically and mentally.

We all know he won't do it but I don't believe the idea of dropping Tav and playing Sterling at RB next week hasn't crossed Clement's mind even for a split second.
It's exactly what I was thinking. Maeda will just beat him every single time, and he'll be targeted. Physically, no one is a match for Sterling, and we need someone like that to stop Maeda from bullying people. It's either that or playing Sterling on the right side of midfield to help Tav, but we can't leave him alone against Maeda.

These Tavernier threads need to stop,how many posts and threads do we need to make a point?
Because there’s the same trumpets that stick by him and make everyone else look like they don’t have a clue about football. He needs to gtf asap. He’s pish, and has been for about 2 years, and slowly depreciating since Seville, (not that he was great anyway)

Because there’s the same trumpets that stick by him and make everyone else look like they don’t have a clue about football. He needs to gtf asap. He’s pish, and has been for about 2 years, and slowly depreciating since Seville, (not that he was great anyway)
But they are also trumpets that are repetitive and boring with their same view every day.

lol lol lol

If he stays and I think he will, the conditions as far as I am concerned should be as a right sided midfielder fighting for his place like most players in the team AND the captaincy handed to a new signing which I’m hoping the manager has identified someone who is a quality player with a strong mentality and has leadership qualities.

I absolutely love Tav, I have done for many years, he's a club legend and rightly deserves to be in the HoF, however, he looks (right now) a very pale shadow of himself, if his previous form can't be re-invented, then we need to seriously think about what we are doing with him. It absolutely pains me to say it, I'm not a happy clapper either, but when your time is up, your time is up.
Why all this hall of fame BS?

3 trophies in 9 years is a joke.

I think throughout his time here I have been one of his biggest fans, lost count of the amount of times I've defended him to people.

Not anymore, this season has been a step too far for him and you'd be blind not to see the major decline in him physically, mentally and his general ability.

The best thing for all partys would be to sell this summer, however Rangers will do what Rangers will do and hold on for far too long and let the situation turn toxic.

Any of his predecessors would have had the exact same record and trophy haul he has.

You can't motivate Kiernan, Goss, Holt, Matondo, Sands, Lammers, Wright or any of the many, many players we've had in the last few years into better footballers. I don't give a %^*& how inspirational you are.

The reason celtic have been hoovering up all the trophies for years has nothing to do with mentality. It's because they have had better players than us.

You mentioned Walter Smith. When he replaced Le Guen, he "turned it around" by spending nearly £40m on players in two seasons.
Smith turned it around initially by adding steel and building a new core in ugo, weir, Thomson, then in the summer replaces ugo with Cueller and brought in Naismith and mcculloch, he built a new core and new foundations to a team

Back