Tavernier

Camby loyalist

Still looks rusty, I love him, I feel he offers us so much in the team but just feel he might have been rushed back because of how poor we have been. I could see today he couldn't get up and down the pitch as he usually does just hope he come through this without picking up any more injuries.

Why? I think we badly missed him during the spell and has been rushed back, if not him as Captain who would u have?

I don’t think we’ve been much better since he returned and I don’t think he really steps up when we’re down. He tends to regress with the rest of them. Nothing against him but gut feeling says he’ll never lift meaningful silverware with us.

I don’t think we’ve been much better since he returned and I don’t think he really steps up when we’re down. He tends to regress with the rest of them. Nothing against him but gut feeling says he’ll never lift meaningful silverware with us.
That's why I said he's been rushed back, he had more assists than any player in the country last season including POTY Forrest and he's a right back.

Put the captaincy aside as a player I think he brings so much to the team. Right now with this team I don't think it matters who the captain is.

I'm not talking about him as a player. I'm talking about a club winning captain who takes a game by the scruff off the neck and digs out wins even when we are playing poor. He can't do thst

I'm not talking about him as a player. I'm talking about a club winning captain who takes a game by the scruff off the neck and digs out wins even when we are playing poor. He can't do thst
Maybe not from RB other people up the pitch need to do that, we need someone in midfield or upfront who can do that and we don't. We need someone from CM who can take the ball and carry it, someone out wide who can go at defenders like our 7m winger should be. Tav for what we paid for him has been a terrific servant to the club.

Maybe not from RB other people up the pitch need to do that, we need someone in midfield or upfront who can do that and we don't. We need someone from CM who can take the ball and carry it, someone out wide who can go at defenders like our 7m winger should be. Tav for what we paid for him has been a terrific servant to the club.

He has been a decent servant who hasn't won us anything significant. Meanwhile driver around in his Lambo. Hard life eh

I like Tav at RB but i concur with the previous comments about his role as captain. Too quiet and not dynamic enough for the armband.

Who would be your choice then?
Before the winter break i would have said Goldson but now the most suitable candidates would be McGregor (dont like keepers as captains though) or Arfield i think. Not one name really jumps out which is a worry but i would say Arfield is the most suitable but Stevie Gerrard doesnt always play him from the start :confused:

Isnt that the point of being captain - if he cant do it from RB then how can he be captain. Yes others need to take responsibility but as it it Tav is captain so he needs to step up. We also need someone who can consistently beat the first man with a cross or at least not balloon it into the opposite touchline. Our £7m winger is being told to play outwith his normal position and its not working.

tav is not a captain or a leader but none of the rest are either, when he is on form he is a great asset but like so many under performers in our team he is lacking big time, dont know who the captain should be to be honest cause we seem to be so bereft of leaders apart from mcgregor

Isnt that the point of being captain - if he cant do it from RB then how can he be captain. Yes others need to take responsibility but as it it Tav is captain so he needs to step up. We also need someone who can consistently beat the first man with a cross or at least not balloon it into the opposite touchline. Our £7m winger is being told to play outwith his normal position and its not working.
Sorry I disagree about Kent he very very rarely tries go on the outside get to the by line and put a ball in and his shooting is woeful.

started a post about kent about 4 weeks ago questioning why we paid 7 mill for him and got slaughtered by some on here and the post was deleted, not happy to be proved right cause i only want the best for rangers, but its up to him to perform and i hope he does

Back