Tavernier

prenzlauerbear

Thought Patterson done well tonight but also think there is still a gap between him and Tav in terms of quality. Constantly hearing about how can we fit both in the side but for me it's not even a question really. The team should be built around Tav.

The wee man's time will come but, while Tav is at his peak, we need to rinse it for what it is.

Tavernier is several levels above Patterson in the final third and overall attacking output.

Patterson ***might*** already be better everywhere else though, give him a couple of years and i think he’ll get there

It's a completely stupid debate that keeps cropping up imo. "How do we fit them both in the team".

Erm, you dont. Tavernier is miles better right now. It's that simple.

It's a completely stupid debate that keeps cropping up imo. "How do we fit them both in the team".

Erm, you dont. Tavernier is miles better right now. It's that simple.
I agree, I think Tav is one of the best right backs Rangers have ever had.

I understand it to an extent because we haven’t had a teenager look this good in decades but Patterson should only be starting at RB if Tav is injured or if we are rotating the squad.

It’s a hard one to manage, the future is more important than the past and under-developing Patterson would be absolutely criminal.

Thought Patterson done well tonight but also think there is still a gap between him and Tav in terms of quality. Constantly hearing about how can we fit both in the side but for me it's not even a question really. The team should be built around Tav.

The wee man's time will come but, while Tav is at his peak, we need to rinse it for what it is.
100% mate , I think Patterson has the potential to be better than Tav however at this time Tav is better

I wasn’t trying to patronise you mate, it’s just a fairly easy transition in theory and Tav has the skillset to make it work
I agree he does, he’s actually very comparable to Walker in a playing style. I just think there’s a slight difference in using Davis as the pivot dropping in than Tav as a RCB.

In theory it could, and probably would work.

In Europe like you, or the other poster suggested, especially.

I just don’t like the idea of starting with a back 3 domestically, I know it wouldn’t be a traditional back 3 - but still.

Who better for the lad to learn from?

He's a great prospect but he needs to bide his time. I'm sure he'll get ax fair few games, mostly as a sub. In a couple of years he may even take over from Tav. Time will tell.

I agree.

I’m very anti 3 at the back though, you German’s are obsessed with it :))

I actually hated it until I watched England pmsl. And you know how much I hate England Cal.

Just thought it was such a cheat card essentially. Maguire and Stones playing a couple yards further to win duels because they had an uttter machine in Walker playing as a sweeper at times

Tavernier would be amazing at it imo. You just need to be mobile and relatively solid

Who better for the lad to learn from?

He's a great prospect but he needs to bide his time. I'm sure he'll get ax fair few games, mostly as a sub. In a couple of years he may even take over from Tav. Time will tell.
Correct.

There is a poster on here, who is close to the family and he reiterates this every time the “Patterson won’t be happy to play back up” clan assemble.

He knows his role, he’ll bide his time and go on to become a legend.

If you pick an 11 based on quality and ability Tav starts every time. Patterson wl hopefully develop into a starter but for now there's only one choice for right back

Don't think we need to shoehorn him in, his time will come, still got a lot to learn from Tav. I don't think he will necessarily stagnate by being back up. He could just as easily go out and have a poor loan spell and lose confidence and not crack on. I'm sure he will play a lot more even in the cups and as a sub, whereas before we could never sub Tav for someone with similar quality

This season will be about lightning tavs work load there games especially at home where we can bring him off early when leading or even give him a rest from totally especially after a big European game this will benefit tav and Patterson

Tavs skill set is such that wr could get both of them into the side we can’t stifle Patterson’s progress as his potential is off the scale he’s only coming 20 and you can see the ability.

Threads mental. Patterson is dangerous. Teams back off, it was criminal how underused our right side was tonight, Patterson was hugely frustrated. He is a better defender. Has a better first touch. Better shot. It's 50-50 for me already.

Threads mental. Patterson is dangerous. Teams back off, it was criminal how underused our right side was tonight, Patterson was hugely frustrated. He is a better defender. Has a better first touch. Better shot. It's 50-50 for me already.
Based on about 10 games! Patterson will go on to be our right back for years to come but right now it's tav and not much of a debate unless you are part of the I wank dugs brigade that were awfully quiet last year!

It’s a great predicament to be in. Nathan has all the attributes to be a fantastic player and luckily the only thing lacking (final ball) can be improved.

Top teams all over the world will have quality replacements in every position. It’s what you simply have to do to be competing for everything. We have to strive for that and we have a young lad staking a claim for the RB position. It’s great to see but to suggest changing our formation and style of play to suit is madness. Paterson’s got time on his side.

I dont understand the fear about two of our best players playing in the same team, it seems as though its some sort hipster issue but anyway we want to keep them both happy at Ibrox so pick them in the first 11.

Tav miles better? Not for me
Cracking player, think his crossing is hit and miss, although was much improved last season.
IMO Patterson will be a better player at his peak than Tav.

DimwittedPettyIbadanmalimbe-size_restricted.gif

we have two great right backs at our club right now, maybe we should look at the positives of that and not worry about the negatives

He is not a better defender, and he is not better going forward.

It really is that simple.

Patterson is an exceptional prospect and is showing all the signs that he could be the best youth we have produced since Barry Ferguson BUT he is still the 2nd best right back at the club.

Back