Tavs penalty stats

League:
Took: 61 pens
Scored: 50
Missed: 11
I think the Worldwide average is meant to be around 74% and he is around 78% there so we shouldn't complain.
EPL is currently around 90% conversion this season but when you look at the talents like Haaland it's no real surprise

I think the Worldwide average is meant to be around 74% and he is around 78% there so we shouldn't complain.
EPL is currently around 90% conversion this season but when you look at the talents like Haaland it's no real surprise

Messi is around 78% as well.

Read an article on the BBC about the reason for the increase in goals in the EPL this season and it was down to two reasons, the first is the longer injury time that is added on and the second was down to the incredible rate they've been scoring penalties this season compared to others.

Just watched it back. It was a fantastic save in fairness.
The problem is that goalkeepers study penalty takers. They can watch all of Tavs’ penalties from all angles. They will know from his run up, where the ball is going. Just think back to the Hearts game v Celtic, when Hart was annoyed that Shankland wasn’t taking the penalty. He was prepared for a Shankland penalty. You need 2 or 3 penalty takers in a team. I’ve no doubt if we get a penalty again them, Hart will be well prepared for a Tav penalty.

Read an article on the BBC about the reason for the increase in goals in the EPL this season and it was down to two reasons, the first is the longer injury time that is added on and the second was down to the incredible rate they've been scoring penalties this season compared to others.
Not sure how longer injury time makes a difference, surely injury time is time that play has not happened in normal time. It’s not actually extra playing time.

Not sure how longer injury time makes a difference, surely injury time is time that play has not happened in normal time. It’s not actually extra playing time.
I’d guess because now they’re adding on every second as they should rather than before whete time wasn’t being added on correctly.

The amount of added time has increased large amounts since last season for example.

Surely the additional injury time is offset by the reduced ball in play time?

I'm a firm believer that we should have a few penalty takers because its so easy for goalkeepers to to study form of the kicker nowadays and to be fair Tav as good as he has been has been missing a fair few lately

I'm a firm believer that we should have a few penalty takers because its so easy for goalkeepers to to study form of the kicker nowadays and to be fair Tav as good as he has been has been missing a fair few lately

I tend to agree with this with the fact every game is videod and analysis is such a big part of the game now.

However, there would be nothing stopping a gk studying all three or four penalty takers either. It'd just take them longer.

If you're a right handed goalkeeper, there's nowhere you'd rather someone put a penalty than low and to your right, especially if the kicker is right footed and the ball flight is bending from the middle of the goals towards the post.
Unless it's 1 inch from the post (which it wasn't) imo it's the easiest place to save a penalty.
No idea why any right footed player would choose to hit it there.

Good argument, it’s got to be down to technology allowing wright or wrong decisions to stand
Think it’s more down to the change in the way time is now added on. Obviously more stoppages because of VAR but the time is being added more than it was previously.

All started with the World Cup I’m sure.

Back