Tav's value if we win the league

Giovanni Van Henry

How much do you all reckon tav will be worth if we win the league this season then qualify for the champions league groups. He's far superior to that mobs golden boy and their wanting more than 25m for him. Should we expect the same or perhaps even more as he will have achieved what he has except his stats and form is by far greater than tierneys

If we win the league then reach the Champions League group stages, he'll be on the verge of being 29 which means he'd be unlikely to go for more than £15m or so. I'd rather we kept him and got a good 3 or 4 more years out of him at that stage, especially if it gave us a better chance of continuing to win the league and qualify for the CL groups.

It's a tricky one because he is older than mong hips.I hope he is here for years and we never find out what hes worth

Tav is worth more here than he is down at Burnley or Newcastle for 12/18 million.

For one I don’t think we can get a replacement like him and if I am correct then he is easily the best right back we have had in 10/15 years and far better than Hutton IMO.

Keep him and he will win us trophies IMO

Tav is worth more here than he is down at Burnley or Newcastle for 12/18 million.

For one I don’t think we can get a replacement like him and if I am correct then he is easily the best right back we have had in 10/15 years and far better than Hutton IMO.

Hutton had an amazing half season and Tav has never hit those heights at international level or European level.

I doubt he will get a chance to either so I don’t think we can really compare.

We have to keep Tav. Contributes so much in an attacking sense and also now defends well. He’s worth a massive amount to us as a player and a captain. If someone wants to buy, based on other deals I see, he’s £15m plus. Anything less, no thanks.

Hutton had an amazing half season and Tav has never hit those heights at international level or European level.

I doubt he will get a chance to either so I don’t think we can really compare.
Really!

Hutton player in better Rangers teams and yet only won 1 medal! Had a good six months and great game against Italy and went for stupid money.

I would argue that his contributions could be easily exceeded by Tav should the expectations of the management team and us all be delivered next season

Tav is far more consistent than Hutton.

But, for around 6-9 months, Hutton was nearly unplayable. He was waltzing through genuinely top midfielders and defenders for fun at both international and Champion’s League level. And his return was impressive at that level. He created several goals and often the only way teams found to stop him running was to foul him in dangerous positions.

Perhaps Tav could do that too. He’s certainly looked good at Europa level. But he’s never had the opportunity to shine above that and, until he does, it’s hard to compare them directly.

For the stats he brings from right back, the guy is near priceless.

He's not an asset I'd look to sell at all.
This.

The money for Tav is almost certainly not going to be worth it. A sale like that would need to be planned and replacements scouted well in advance as well. Not, for example, at this stage of pre-season so close to the league campaign and with important qualifiers.

No player is irreplaceable

This is not the time to be selling our best players at a price we cannot bring in at least 1 maybe even gamble on 2 hopeful replacements as any player wouldn’t be guaranteed to replace their ability.

There is not a player you could pick with even let’s say between 5 and 10 million that would be as good as our captain. To me that means he is irreplaceable, if you know what I mean.

This is not the time to be selling our best players at a price we cannot bring in at least 1 maybe even gamble on 2 hopeful replacements as any player wouldn’t be guaranteed to replace their ability.

There is not a player you could pick with even let’s say between 5 and 10 million that would be as good as our captain. To me that means he is irreplaceable, if you know what I mean.

The captain was brought in for a few hundred thousand, Morelos for a million or so, clearly bringing in players who are exceptionally good, for buttons, is very possible. Very difficult, but also possible. And the bottom line is one player doesn’t make a team, if either of Morelos or Tavernier are sold life will go on, although obviously in an ideal world none of these guys leave now.

The captain was brought in for a few hundred thousand, Morelos for a million or so, clearly bringing in players who are exceptionally good, for buttons, is very possible. Very difficult, but also possible. And the bottom line is one player doesn’t make a team, if either of Morelos or Tavernier are sold life will go on, although obviously in an ideal world none of these guys leave now.

If we want to win the league this season we can’t sell either that’s my opinion on it mate. Unless it’s for silly money (15/20 million) we will be taking a gamble on a replacement - it is not the time. We can’t hand them 10 titles in a row we must do everything to stop 9 never mind 10. That for me is keeping our best players.

Back