Team for St Johnstone

BajanBear

A must win as always so it's not a case of resting players but refreshing the team. I'd go for:

McGregor

Tav (Polster v Livi on Weds)
Katic
Helmander
Barisic

Jack
Aribo
King

Barker
Morelos
Ojo

Can rest a couple next midweek, we are 3 points behind the beasts so go strong on Sunday.

Only change for me is Aribo for Kamara.

I think he will give Jack and Morelos a rest. Expect Kamara and Defoe. Maybe even Edmundson.

McGregor
Tav Katic Helander Barisic
Jack Davis Kamara
King Defoe Ojo

I think he will give Jack and Morelos a rest. Expect Kamara and Defoe. Maybe even Edmundson.

If Morelos is on the bench then questions should be asked of Gerrard IMO.

Morelos is 22/23, just had a cracker of a game and should be able to play 2 games in a week. Davie Weir was playing 3 games a week when he was about 45 fs.

This changing the team for changes sake will bite us on the arse.

I wouldn't be confident of a win if we play the same team as last night. Arfield and the team would benefit greatly if he was given a break. He gets injured when running on empty.

Arfield needs (deserves) a day off. Don’t even want him on the bench.

Katic should come in for Goldson.

Then on Wednesday night v Livingston bring in a few more fringe players Edmundson, Stewart, Halliday.

Defoe will come in for Alfie.

Suggestion Big George will see some time soon from Gerrard last night so perhaps him and Helander.

Halliday may get a game at left back but i`d keep Borna in the side to get consistency.

Something tells me Katic is not starting anytime soon. Dont know what but just a hunch.

i'd be inclined to give some players a boot up the arse
we have a big squad, drops in performance should see them sit out

McGregor

Polster
Katic/Edmundson
Helander
Barisic

Jack
Davis
Aribo

Ojo
Barker
Defoe

Mcgregor
Tav Edmunsdon Helander Barisic
King Jack Aribo
Ojo Defoe Barker

Hope to see Murphy get some game time.

Defoe will come in for Alfie.

Suggestion Big George will see some time soon from Gerrard last night so perhaps him and Helander.

Halliday may get a game at left back but i`d keep Borna in the side to get consistency.

Something tells me Katic is not starting anytime soon. Dont know what but just a hunch.

I think Edmundson will start in the cup game against Livi tbh.

McGregor, Tavernier, Barasic, Davis, Jack, Arfield and Morelos should all be starting alongside 2 from Goldson, Katic and Helander.

The other 2 places in the team are up for grabs.

You won't see a Helander and Katic partnership. lets hit that nail on head right now.

Far too similar in style and the manager won't go for it.

Back