Balogun
Patterson

Aribo
Davis
Arfield/Bacuna

Sakala (Kent if he makes it)
Morelos
Wright

We desperately need to inject some speed and some creativity.

With Kamara & Lundstrum you are playing with what seems to be two sitting midfielders who offer very little going forward.

I'm not saying everyone is in there on merit but we really need to try something different.

That's the team for me.

We need to play with urgency so no place for Kamara or Aribo in the team for me.

Either Wright or Sakala have to start if Kent isn't fit.

Patterson for Tav to freshen it up.

Would like to see Hagi in the team a bit deeper with options ahead of him to pass to.

McGregor

Patterson Goldson Balogun Bassey

Arfield Lundstram

Hagi

Wright Morelos Roofe

We need to play with urgency so no place for Kamara or Aribo in the team for me.

Would like to see Hagi in the team a bit deeper with options ahead of him to pass to.

McGregor

Arfield Lundstram

Hagi

Wright Morelos Roofe
I think you raise a very good point with Hagi being played centrally as he does have the ability to provide the killer pass and can be wasted out wide the majority of the time as he has zero pace.

I'd replace Davis with Lunstrum and probably would replace Roofe with Sakala. I think Roofe is off it just now.

Don’t know why we are persisting with aribo in midfield tbh. He’s garbage at it, he needs to play further forward. Id actually rather we gave kelly a run of games in midfield, or the boy mccann.

For me it would be

McGregor
Patterson Goldson Balogun Barisic
Arfield Davis
Aribo Hagi Wright/Sakala
Morelos

And play some fucking through balls for Patterson and Wright/Sakala down the sides. The ponderous side-to-side stuff is justifiable when it works - i.e. draws teams out and we exploit the space - but it isn’t working because we're too slow at it.

Hagi was getting the ball in central positions quite a lot last night, the issue was he then had Morelos and Roofe coming towards him with nobody running in behind.

Don’t know why we are persisting with aribo in midfield tbh. He’s garbage at it, he needs to play further forward. Id actually rather we gave kelly a run of games in midfield, or the boy mccann.
Aribo was fantastic in midfield against Brondby.

Mcgregor

Patterson
Goldson
Balogun
Barisic

Aribo
Davis
Arfield/Bacuna

Wright (Kent if Fit)
Morelos
Roofe

It doesn't/shouldn't matter which XI we put out. If it plays to it's collective ability it will beat Motherwell comfortably.

Getting them to do that is the challenge. Anyone who is badly off form/disinterested/uncommitted can be left out. Anyone who wants to give 100% to the cause is in contention.

McGregor

Arfield Lundstram

Hagi

Wright Morelos Roofe

You say we need to play with urgency then go and put Hagi in .

I also love that people are just dropping our captain with the most assists in the league for patterson. Laughable.
Have you watched Tav this season?

There's a problem with our support that's highlighted in this post.

Too many want their favourites in the side, come what may.

Mcgregor

Patterson Goldson Balogun (Bassey / Barisic if fit)

(Davis or Lundstram) Aribo

Roofe *Hagi (Wright / Kent if fit)

Morelos

*Let the lad do his magic from deep centre circle to opposition box. Dont dare play him wide.

McGregor
Arfield Davis Kamara
Sakala Morelos Hagi
It's time for Nathan Patterson. Simple as that.

Scott Arfield also now deserves a chance, in my opinion.

It was a toss up as one or the other between Hagi & Aribo in the front three for me as I feel we desperately need some pace in the team up top, so i've opted for Hagi on this occasion. Likewise, it was a toss up between Sakala & Wright to come in and provide that pace. I feel Sakala needs a chance in the league to show us what he can do from the start, rather than last 10/15 mins or so. I also reckon Wright is better coming off the bench as an impact player anyway.

If Ryan Kent is fit enough for Sunday, I'd throw him straight in from the start in place of Sakala.

Mcgregor

(Davis or Lundstram) Aribo

Roofe *Hagi (Wright / Kent if fit)

Morelos

*Let the lad do his magic from deep centre circle to opposition box. Dont dare play him wide.

or if we decide to reset completely

Mcgregor

(Davis or Lundstram) *Hagi Kamara

Aribo Morelos (Wright / Kent if fit)

*Hagi is the creativity in the offensive midfield (centre) we are missing badly. Build the team around him. Those suggesting Arfield are having a laugh.

McGregor
Arfield Davis Kamara
Sakala Morelos Hagi
It's time for Nathan Patterson. Simple as that.

Scott Arfield also now deserves a chance, in my opinion.

It was a toss up as one or the other between Hagi & Aribo in the front three for me as I feel we desperately need some pace in the team up top, so i've opted for Hagi on this occasion. Likewise, it was a toss up between Sakala & Wright to come in and provide that pace. I feel Sakala needs a chance in the league to show us what he can do from the start, rather than last 10/15 mins or so. I also reckon Wright is better coming off the bench as an impact player anyway.

If Ryan Kent is fit enough for Sunday, I'd throw him straight in from the start in place of Sakala.
Whys it time for patterson? He has more goal contributions than anyone in our team this season but is pish apparently. Why not drop morelos?? Cause he’s a fan favourite even though he’s lazy, misses sitters, a stone over weight, constantly offside, always outside the box, doesn’t run channels, first touch like a trampoline, but aye lets all pile on tav.

McGregor

Davis Kamara

Aribo Hagi Sakala/Kent

Morelos​

I would be happy with that. Aribo has shown his strength in that area of the park. Sakala give you speed on the otherside. And most importantly Hagi is the boss in the centre making the creativity happen.

Let’s be honest - there will be no surprise if we start with the same XI as yesterday, or no more than 1 change.

McGregor

Barisic
Goldson
Balogun
Patterson

Aribo
Davis
Arfield/Bacuna

Sakala (Kent if he makes it)
Morelos
Wright

We desperately need to inject some speed and some creativity.

With Kamara & Lundstrum you are playing with what seems to be two sitting midfielders who offer very little going forward.

I'm not saying everyone is in there on merit but we really need to try something different.

That's the team for me.
As much as Tavernier hasn’t being playing well mate, he is still finding those moments to make an impact.

- assist against St Mirren (plus numerous corners he put on Goldsons’ head)
- assist for our first last night
-played the cross to Sakala that won us the penalty
- scored the penalty

He may not be playing well but he is still coming up with moments of quality which is producing goals. We aren’t creating enough from elsewhere so would be a big mistake in my opinion dropping him.

Whys it time for patterson? He has more goal contributions than anyone in our team this season but is pish apparently. Why not drop morelos?? Cause he’s a fan favourite even though he’s lazy, misses sitters, a stone over weight, constantly offside, always outside the box, doesn’t run channels, first touch like a trampoline, but aye lets all pile on tav.
I don't know how many slack passes Tav has made this year. He looks a yard (or two) of the pace and generally slower this year and his defending at times (along with Goldson's) has been awful. We need pace and freshness.

I do agree with your point about Morelos not being in the box as he always seems to be out on the wing, too deep or generally where he shouldn't be really & needs to play more as a forward/number 9.

He's been poor this season also but besides Defoe (which won't happen for some reason) or Sakala getting a run we have no one. Would Roofe be better as a number 9 through the middle? - Maybe.

Calm down. I'm not piling on or saying he's pish.

It's time for Patterson because he gives us something a bit different from what Tavernier has been. He's more direct and much quicker. He's not afraid of taking men on and driving into the box. And like Tavernier, he's also got a good delivery from out wide (Hibs).

We need to change it up. We're too slow and passive and we just need to give opposition something else to think about.

McGregor
Aribo Kelly Kamara
Wright Morelos Roofe

Is Tav better than Patterson? Yes.
Is Barisic better than Bassey? Yes.
Is Davis better than Kelly? Yes.
Is Hagi better than Wright? Yes.

But my fucking god we need some tempo, urgency, energy and willingness to go beyond in our team. The players I have put in their pace all bring that.

No more slow, turgid, predictable football with zero movement or its same old. The motivation is not there with the current first 11. Take the risk and play hungry players, because we are not going to play out of this.

Its not form. Its 2019/20 second half of the season all over again and we know what happened there.

What's the point Stephen Kelly being here if he can't get any sort of game time in this midfield?

McGregor

Arfield Lundstram

Hagi

Wright Morelos Roofe
Hagi should always be in that position, he has the football brain to influence the game from that advanced midfield position but lacks the pace for the front three.

I don't know how many slack passes Tav has made this year. He looks a yard (or two) of the pace and generally slower this year and his defending at times (along with Goldson's) has been awful. We need pace and freshness.

I do agree with your point about Morelos not being in the box as he always seems to be out on the wing, too deep or generally where he shouldn't be really & needs to play more as a forward/number 9.

He's been poor this season also but besides Defoe (which won't happen for some reason) or Sakala getting a run we have no one. Would Roofe be better as a number 9 through the middle? - Maybe.
Tavernier has more goal contributions than anyone, therefore contributing to more points than anyone else in the squad wether people like him or not. He’s the captain of the team and shouldn’t just be dismissed.

McGregor
Tav Goldson Balogun Bassey
Lundstrum Kamara
Aribo Hagi Wright
Morelos

What's the point Stephen Kelly being here if he can't get any sort of game time in this midfield?
Patterson and Kelly both deserve an opportunity to play the next few games IMO. We need freshness and with January still a while away it might need to be some of our younger guys that give us that spark.

Calm down. I'm not piling on or saying he's pish.

It's time for Patterson because he gives us something a bit different from what Tavernier has been. He's more direct and much quicker. He's not afraid of taking men on and driving into the box. And like Tavernier, he's also got a good delivery from out wide (Hibs).

We need to change it up. We're too slow and passive and we just need to give opposition something else to think about.
He’s not faster than tav or more direct for a start. Patterson is a good player but its the old usual - X Y Z are better than A B C.

I agree we are too slow and passive, thats not taverniers fault, Its playing a front 3 of Morelos, Hagi and Roofe. 0 pace between the 3 of them.

If I see Hagi in a front 3 again and stuck out wide I think I'm going to have a fucking breakdown
To be fair, we're all showing a 433 formation in our lineups, but if we were to be pedantic about it, we'd show it as a 4321 or a 4231. We don't play with 'wide players'. It's either two '10s' or three '10s'.

Back