Team for Sunday

Is Wright the guy that did well to get past his man and blasted the cross so hard Arfield couldn’t direct his header?
This is why we need him in with the options we have. Hes direct and gets past his man. Yes his final ball could be better but imo with him and kent running a defences its much better option than the slow mundane build ups we have just now.

We are literally creating nothing much from open play.

McGregor

Patterson
Goldson
Balogun
Bassey

Tav
Lundstram

Wright
Hagi
Sakala

Morelos

Bit more pace and energy. Move Tav into midfield with Lundstram. Give Hagi a free roll as a 10.

Just about all of them could be replaced without a complaint.

I'd have Patterson in to inject some urgency.

The slow, ponderous Lundstrum needs dropped.

Hagi, Roofe, Morelos isn't working. The problem is that we don't have quality to come in.

Tavernier has more goal contributions than anyone, therefore contributing to more points than anyone else in the squad wether people like him or not. He’s the captain of the team and shouldn’t just be dismissed.
And what about his defending?

And what about his defending?
What about it? If you think we will have a better defensive record with patterson in the team your delusional. We can’t have it all roads, we aren’t man city. We can’t afford a fullback that scores, assists and is solid at the back. They guys cost 10s of millions. It also doesn’t help he has an absolute bombscare beside him this season in goldson. I genuinely don’t know what people want from tav, take his assists from the team whos scoring???? Absolutely nobody.

McGregor

Barisic
Goldson
Balogun
Patterson

Aribo
Davis
Arfield/Bacuna

Sakala (Kent if he makes it)
Morelos
Wright

We desperately need to inject some speed and some creativity.

With Kamara & Lundstrum you are playing with what seems to be two sitting midfielders who offer very little going forward.

I'm not saying everyone is in there on merit but we really need to try something different.

That's the team for me.
Gerrard said Barisic is a huge doubt for the weekend.

Would still play Roofe

He’s not faster than tav or more direct for a start. Patterson is a good player but its the old usual - X Y Z are better than A B C.

I agree we are too slow and passive, thats not taverniers fault, Its playing a front 3 of Morelos, Hagi and Roofe. 0 pace between the 3 of them.
I’m not saying Patterson is better but he’s way faster and more direct than tav, Tav is more a dani Alves type full back where Patterson would be the more direct Cafu type. As for pace it’s not even close

If I see Hagi in a front 3 again and stuck out wide I think I'm going to have a fucking breakdown

Why cant SG see this, trying to mould a player as a false 10 or whatever its called.

Hagi is not a wide player. FULLSTOP

He must play central midfield. And that is the area we are not functioning at yet have a player tailored made for that role.

Especially with us having an abudance of midfielders to play either side who can also do the defensive role.

If we must play a false 10 and utilise a midfielder play Aribo. But FFS dont play Hagi there or as a role behind Morelos. Keep him in the centre area of the park where his vision and passing makes him the player we know is there.

If he moves on for the good of his career, this lad will flourish if played corectly.

Its absolutely criminal we cannot see the wood from the trees.

I’m not saying Patterson is better but he’s way faster and more direct than tav, Tav is more a dani Alves type full back where Patterson would be the more direct Cafu type. As for pace it’s not even close
People are massively overating patterson at the minute because he has bags and bags of potential. He’s nowhere near Tav’s level yet.

As for comparing them to two of the best fullbacks of all time, lol.

Gerrard said Barisic is a huge doubt for the weekend.

Would still play Roofe
Bassey will get the nod then.

I just don't think Roofe and Morelos work but Morelos isn't a proper number either which doesn't help us at all with Roofe playing out wide unless we change the formation.

People are massively overating patterson at the minute because he has bags and bags of potential. He’s nowhere near Tav’s level yet.

As for comparing them to two of the best fullbacks of all time, lol.
Comparing styles not talent!!

Tavs level ha been a mixed bag his full rangers career so don’t give it that, Yes he’s been brilliant a lot of the time but he’s had more bad games than any regular starter in my life time.

To be fair, we're all showing a 433 formation in our lineups, but if we were to be pedantic about it, we'd show it as a 4321 or a 4231. We don't play with 'wide players'. It's either two '10s' or three '10s'.
He always finds himself in a wide area as a consequence of it though. The amount of times he's one on one with a full back but he's unable to take advantage which isn't his fault as that's not his game.

McGregor

Patterson
Goldson
Balogun
Bassey

Kamara
Davis
Aribo

Hagi
Morelos
Wright

Same team as against St Mirren. Maybe
Kamara for Lundstrum .
At any rate Lundstrum nowhere near centre mid or anywhere near our centre halves …… please

Comparing styles not talent!!

Tavs level ha been a mixed bag his full rangers career so don’t give it that, Yes he’s been brilliant a lot of the time but he’s had more bad games than any regular starter in my life time.
I think your underestimating our captain and fullback in all honesty, his game to G/A ratio is phenomenal yet everyone plays it down because he’s not a captain of old that shouts at people, gets in the refs face etc.

I genuinely don’t understand what people want from the guy and will have egg on their faces when he leaves and his G/A aren’t replaced. He gets more stick than anyone in the team when half of them contribute nothing to scoring and winning games, the whole midfield tbh. Think I read somewhere Kamara has 2 goals and 3 assists in 75 matches as a centre mid, thats absolutely pathetic playing for Rangers. Anthony Ralston has scored more this season for exmaple and he’s absolutely dog shite. But I never see anyone Criticising Kamara, also Morelos people say “aye how many times has he dragged us out a hole with goals”, thats the minimum I expect from my striker, especially one that we seem to value at £20m+.

People wont realise what they’ve had till he’s gone IMO.

The best thing that can happen is the reset SG speaks off.

STOP playing Hagi in any type of forward role, its criminal.

Be it false 10, or whatever. Play the lad in CENTRAL Midfield.

If we cant build our team around such a talent then best get rid and watch him flourish elsewhere. Right now I am 50/50 regards lifting the title. IF SG has the reset he speaks of then by utilising our best two footed player in his natural position will be a start. Especially as this is the area of the park that cements all other options going forward.

He always finds himself in a wide area as a consequence of it though. The amount of times he's one on one with a full back but he's unable to take advantage which isn't his fault as that's not his game.
All of our forward players have license to roam though and that's why he often finds himself wide - as do others like Morelos, who should be even more of a case to keep him within the width of the 18 yard box.

I'd prefer him to stay more central as well to be fair, but the fluid system we play with, worked wonders for us last season and it's basically been the same system ever since Alfredo got sent off at Parkhead in the 2-1 loss, so I can't see us changing it now.

I also think the type of energetic player Hagi is, in terms of always looking to be involved in play, he'd never stick to the one area of the pitch anyway.

I think your underestimating our captain and fullback in all honesty, his game to G/A ratio is phenomenal yet everyone plays it down because he’s not a captain of old that shouts at people, gets in the refs face etc.

I genuinely don’t understand what people want from the guy and will have egg on their faces when he leaves and his G/A aren’t replaced. He gets more stick than anyone in the team when half of them contribute nothing to scoring and winning games, the whole midfield tbh. Think I read somewhere Kamara has 2 goals and 3 assists in 75 matches as a centre mid, thats absolutely pathetic playing for Rangers. Anthony Ralston has scored more this season for exmaple and he’s absolutely dog shite. But I never see anyone Criticising Kamara, also Morelos people say “aye how many times has he dragged us out a hole with goals”, thats the minimum I expect from my striker, especially one that we seem to value at £20m+.

People wont realise what they’ve had till he’s gone IMO.
I’m not someone who comes on and bashes tav like a lot, But he has been crap just as much as he’s been good for his while rangers career, as for his g/a they are amazing. An English full back with these g/a over a length of time but yet a £2million bid from wba is all that’s ever came in? Doesn’t tell the full story but it makes you think

The best thing that can happen is the reset SG speaks off.

STOP playing Hagi in any type of forward role, its criminal.

Be it false 10, or whatever. Play the lad in CENTRAL Midfield.

If we cant build our team around such a talent then best get rid and watch him flourish elsewhere. Right now I am 50/50 regards lifting the title. IF SG has the reset he speaks of then by utilising our best two footed player in his natural position will be a start. Especially as this is the area of the park that cements all other options going forward.
I agree we play hagi in a role where he’s running about like a mad man, he must be covering some miles but it’s not his game and it’s a waste of talent

McGregor

Barisic
Goldson
Balogun
Patterson

Aribo
Davis
Arfield/Bacuna

Sakala (Kent if he makes it)
Morelos
Wright

We desperately need to inject some speed and some creativity.

With Kamara & Lundstrum you are playing with what seems to be two sitting midfielders who offer very little going forward.

I'm not saying everyone is in there on merit but we really need to try something different.

That's the team for me.

For some reason I absolutely hate when people write a team out and have the left back above the right back!

Don’t know why we are persisting with aribo in midfield tbh. He’s garbage at it, he needs to play further forward. Id actually rather we gave kelly a run of games in midfield, or the boy mccann.

He was the best player on the park from midfield the week before...

He was the best player on the park from midfield the week before...
Assuming you mean the brondby game? They were absolutely tragic to be fair. Not the same high level of press and intensity your gonna get from guys like mcgeough, ferguson etc.

Back