Team for Wednesday?

Yeah I was thinking the same with Davis, but he’s been very poor the past few games. So is the whole team to be fair. I’m not a big fan of hagi in league games, but he seems to be well suited to European football with his quick touches and interplay. Will be interesting to see the starting 11 tomorrow

Tbf to Davis, he never started at Perth, or Rugby Park mate.

Kamara missed those games too, but has been a huge player for us away from home in Europe.

Very interesting starting 11, as you rightly say.

Totally different game tomorrow but. Braga need to come out and have a go which will leave space for Hagi to go and play.

Just about everything we created in the first leg came through Hagi, would be very surprised if he's dropped for this.

I agree with all of that mate, but equally we've been excellent away from home with 3 possession based midfielders and pace up front.

Hagi is probably the slowest player in the side, but the quickest when it comes to speed of thought.

Some big decisions for the gaffer to make.

I'm glad it's not me making the decisions.

I wouldn’t play Hagi here, I’d go back to the tried and tested system that’s worked well away in Europe to get us here.

Mcgregor
Tav
Goldson
Katic
Barisic

Davis
Jack
Kamara/Arfield

Aribo
Kamberi
Kent

Some folk leaving Arfield out. I don’t get that. He’s been probably our only player (Kamberi aside) who’s turned up since the break. He’s a certainty to play surely.

I don’t think we will see much change from the weekend. It will be the usual 433, I can’t see Kamara getting a start given his first leg performance, but SD might come into midfield?

McGregor
Tav Goldson Katic Barisic
Arfield Jack Aribo
Hagi Kamberi Kent

4-4-2 with diamond in midfield

McGregor in goal

Back 4 - Tav/Goldson/Katic/Barisic (if fit, if not Aribo)

Midfield 4 diamond with Davis at defensive base and Hagi at attacking point. Arfield to the right and Aribo (or Jack if Barisic not fit) to the left

Kamberi and Kent up front

Polster and Barker are playing with the youths today so you would imagine that rules out all of the mental calls to include hem in the starting line up.

Polster and Barker are playing with the youths today so you would imagine that rules out all of the mental calls to include hem in the starting line up.
With Barker not going it also reads to me that one of Kent or Hagi won’t start.

McGregor
Tavernier Goldson Katić Barišić
Davis Jack Arfield
Hagi Kent
Kamberi

Would imagine this will be the team, with possibly Aribo covering LB

I think both will.

Foderingham, Edmundson, Halliday, Kamara, Davis, Ojo and Stewart will be on the bench presumably?

Davis is an absolute certainty to start mate.

Kamara may also.

The midfield was very poor without them at Kilmarnock and Perth.

Davis is an absolute certainty to start mate.

Kamara may also.

The midfield was very poor without them at Kilmarnock and Perth.
I don't think either Kamara or Davis have played well since our return from the winter break, and Kamara wasn't even on the bench on Sunday!

I just don't think we will see many changes from the weekend, we never really see anything wholesale from the manager.

I could maybe see Davis starting in place of Jack etc but I can't see Gerrard not playing Aribo and Arfield given their recent form.

As for Kamara... he had a mare in the first leg so I would be surprised.

I don't think either Kamara or Davis have played well since our return from the winter break, and Kamara wasn't even on the bench on Sunday!

I just don't think we will see many changes from the weekend, we never really see anything wholesale from the manager.

I could maybe see Davis starting in place of Jack etc but I can't see Gerrard not playing Aribo and Arfield given their recent form.

As for Kamara... he had a mare in the first leg so I would be surprised.

Kamara was MOTM at Hamilton and then apparently got rested for another game on plastic at Killie, which was strange and we paid the penalty for it.

He was poor on Thursday, but he's been one of our best players away in Europe this season.

A midfield of Arfield, Jack and Aribo won't be starting away from home in Europe mate.

Aribo may start instead of Hagi.

Kamara was MOTM at Hamilton and then apparently got rested for another game on plastic at Killie, which was strange and we paid the penalty for it.

He was poor on Thursday, but he's been one of our best players away in Europe this season.

A midfield of Arfield, Jack and Aribo won't be starting away from home in Europe mate.

Aribo may start instead of Hagi.
I get what you are saying but given Arfield and Aribo are on form and Hagi got two goals against Braga then I would be inclined to think they are going to start and that's the only way I can see them fitting in.

There is so many factors so it's hard to predict I guess.

I get what you are saying but given Arfield and Aribo are on form and Hagi got two goals against Braga then I would be inclined to think they are going to start and that's the only way I can see them fitting in.

There is so many factors so it's hard to predict I guess.

It's definitely a tough 11 to call mate.

Shagger
Tav Goldson Katic BB
Jack Davis Kamara
Hagi Aribo
Kamberi​

Possibly Arfield to start ahead of Kamara, all depends on the game plan of course. I wouldn’t mind a 5-4-1 either to be honest.

McGregor
Tavernier Goldson Katić Barišić
Davis Jack Arfield
Hagi Kent
Kamberi

Would imagine this will be the team, with possibly Aribo covering LB
Agreed - Think Davis Jack Arfield are stick on to start. Can't see Aribo displacing Kent - not disciplined enough

Back