?
Sterling
Diomande
Raskin?
?
Cortes
?
?
Can’t think anymore Sima but think that’s gone unless we gamble and think he’s big difference between CL qualification or not that’s some amount of players needed just for first X1

Butland/Bodart
Johnson/Tav Tanganga/Soutter Cordoba/McNair Yilmaz/Jefte
Diomande/Jack (scottish quota) Sterling/(new MF pivot)
Podence/McCausland Piotrowski/new AM Cortes/Mofokeng
Denkey/ Shankland

Just throwing names tbh

Butland
Yilmaz
?
?
Sterling
Diomande
Raskin?
?
Cortes
?
?
Can’t think anymore Sima but think that’s gone unless we gamble and think he’s big difference between CL qualification or not that’s some amount of players needed just for first X1

I hope that Sima will be there too.

I am about 75% sure that Butland will be sold to help the rebuild.

Butland/Bodart
Johnson/Tav Tanganga/Soutter Cordoba/McNair Yilmaz/Jefte
Diomande/Jack (scottish quota) Sterling/(new MF pivot)
Podence/McCausland Piotrowski/new AM Cortes/Mofokeng
Denkey/ Shankland

Just throwing names tbh
A team with tanganga, sterling and Johnson would be a good start physically three great athletes to surround with hopefully good footballers

Butland
Yilmaz
?
?
Sterling
Diomande
Raskin?
?
Cortes
?
?
Even with champions league money I wouldn't be going for Sima. Feel we need better and more reliable players who aren't perma injured.

A team with tanganga, sterling and Johnson would be a good start physically three great athletes to surround with hopefully good footballers
Bella Kotchap was another one I’ve seen mentioned and he’s at PSV on loan just now so maybe some truth in it with Koppen here. But we’ll see.

Unrecognisable from today hopefully
Can't be anything else really. Lundstram, Silva and Barisic will 100% be gone, Davies, if not sold, won't be a starter and nor will Souttar, Tav may or may not want a big payday. I don't expect Lawrence, or Cantwell for that matter, to start the first game either and Dessers will be backup at best. That leaves Butland, Diomande and Sterling (we need to decide on a permanent position for him he can make his) as potential starters and even then Butland is really the only guaranteed one unless he wants away or is sold too. It'll be an unrecognisable starting 11, no doubt about that.

Reactions: cav
Butland
Sterling
Diomande
Cortes maybe

we need 7/8 new players in the starting 11
Yeah, these are the only guys I currently see as good enough for us.

I know Danilo is coming back, but I wasn't particularly impressed by him anyway.

I wonder if guys like Rice and Nsio could step up to fill spaces in the squad. Clement always talks about wanting robust players, so they'd ideally be used sparingly.

Back