Thank you captain.

Mr Han

FB-IMG-1621091761632-jpg-44e79d50bbdcfef544778f87de0b858b.jpg

Being a private guy who shy's away from social media and the like and having only come back to online posting after an 8 year break I just want to say, I'm going to get a good Rangers artist to make me a brilliant print of this picture. For me this picture carries so much.

Like many I'm sure, life hasn't been the easiest for me in the last few years. Many a trial and many a demon slayed. Things started looking up around the same time this certain Wingback turned up chewing gum and kicking arse up and down the leagues.

With a name like Captain James Tavernier, he should be galivanting around the galaxy in a spaceship with swash buckling swagger with a name like that FFS. But looking at that picture makes me incredibly emotional. Not something that happens with me all that often, I usually chin it and move forward.

When I consider the weight that armband carries, the weight that jersey carries, the weight that number carries ( worn by the very man who was in the front line of a march to save our club ) and the weight that trophy carries along with the double weight it carries being the 10iar killer. Not to mention the weight we the people put on our players...

To see our Captain walk away with the trophy in hand after what has been an amazing story and a sweet ending to a horrific 10 year nightmare, fills me with immense pride for our club/fans and our Captain.

I don't do social media, but I hope he knows how much he is loved and respected as our Captain. I won't list the legends I grew up watching and wondering how they'll be replaced. But Captain James Tavernier, you are, regardless of if you want to believe or admit it, a living legend of our club, by God you have earned it. Any man strong enough to withstand the scolding heat of the Govan furnace is a legend in my eyes, I've seen many a player melt in my time.

Maybe I'll get my big print signed one day who knows, but know this, your journey has been immensely inspiring to me and I cannot stop smiling for you this weekend. A gift and a blessing of a player to our cause and a gentleman to.

Thank you to you and all the lads including the gaffer. I promised myself I'd never be the emotional type as I got older, but %^*& me it's been a ride.

Thank you

The "serial loser" sure looks good to me. Chris Sutton hang your head in shame ,you thought you'd picked an easy target as you're beloved club were in absolutely no danger of being upstaged. like all things cel*ic you fell asleep at the wheel and it's bitten you on the arse BIG time with Tav being another in your long list of gaffs.

The "serial loser" sure looks good to me. Chris Sutton hang your head in shame ,you thought you'd picked an easy target as you're beloved club were in absolutely no danger of being upstaged. like all things cel*ic you fell asleep at the wheel and it's bitten you on the arse BIG time with Tav being another in your long list of gaffs.

That, to me, is still bang-out. It was a pathetic attempt at grabbing headlines. He lost a lot of his clout that night.

Even if Tav didn't win a title, you shouldn't talk about a fellow pro in that way. It's tasteless at best, unprofessional at worst.

That, to me, is still bang-out. It was a pathetic attempt at grabbing headlines. He lost a lot of his clout that night.

Even if Tav didn't win a title, you shouldn't talk about a fellow pro in that way. It's tasteless at best, unprofessional at worst.
Definitely m8, and without trying to sound too dramatic it came at a time when Tav would have been very low and with mental health being topic of the day it was unforgivable behavior from an ex pro kicking someone when they were down with sums Sutton up.

Definitely m8, and without trying to sound too dramatic it came at a time when Tav would have been very low and with mental health being topic of the day it was unforgivable behavior from an ex pro kicking someone when they were down with sums Sutton up.

FB-IMG-1621091761632-jpg-44e79d50bbdcfef544778f87de0b858b.jpg

Being a private guy who shy's away from social media and the like and having only come back to online posting after an 8 year break I just want to say, I'm going to get a good Rangers artist to make me a brilliant print of this picture. For me this picture carries so much.

Like many I'm sure, life hasn't been the easiest for me in the last few years. Many a trial and many a demon slayed. Things started looking up around the same time this certain Wingback turned up chewing gum and kicking arse up and down the leagues.

With a name like Captain James Tavernier, he should be galivanting around the galaxy in a spaceship with swash buckling swagger with a name like that FFS. But looking at that picture makes me incredibly emotional. Not something that happens with me all that often, I usually chin it and move forward.

When I consider the weight that armband carries, the weight that jersey carries, the weight that number carries ( worn by the very man who was in the front line of a march to save our club ) and the weight that trophy carries along with the double weight it carries being the 10iar killer. Not to mention the weight we the people put on our players...

To see our Captain walk away with the trophy in hand after what has been an amazing story and a sweet ending to a horrific 10 year nightmare, fills me with immense pride for our club/fans and our Captain.

I don't do social media, but I hope he knows how much he is loved and respected as our Captain. I won't list the legends I grew up watching and wondering how they'll be replaced. But Captain James Tavernier, you are, regardless of if you want to believe or admit it, a living legend of our club, by God you have earned it. Any man strong enough to withstand the scolding heat of the Govan furnace is a legend in my eyes, I've seen many a player melt in my time.

Maybe I'll get my big print signed one day who knows, but know this, your journey has been immensely inspiring to me and I cannot stop smiling for you this weekend. A gift and a blessing of a player to our cause and a gentleman to.

Thank you to you and all the lads including the gaffer. I promised myself I'd never be the emotional type as I got older, but %^*& me it's been a ride.

Thank you
Fantastic post, thank you OP and thank you Captain James Tavernier.

An iconic image, and very fitting for a much slated captain who has deservedly led us back to our rightful place.

If you look through our history at Rangers captains, Tav certainly deserves his place in history amongst them. The fact that his contribution has been recognised by his fellow professional players sums up his season.

A true Rangers captain, and I'm confident we'll see him with another few pieces of silverware in his hands over the coming seasons.

Yep, he’s not bad :))

He’s grown into the jersey over the years, I think it was a bit baggy on him at first but it’s now skintight. Conducts himself in the manner of a true Rangers captain on and off the pitch and is universally liked and respected within the club.

A real leader, and an example to youngsters that you can be a big success even if it takes some time, as long as you have the right attitude and work ethic.

Delighted to see him raise the trophy his hard work and dedication deserved.

Back